Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,786,823 Members 42,614 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[REVIEWS] Screen Protectors

Tip us?

Andy
Old
Forum Moderator - OP
Thanks Meter 5,295

DONATE TO ME
Default Re: [REVIEWS] Screen Protectors

The good reviews will be reinstated here. They have just been moved internally. Hopefully they will be back up today.
-
"Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the the universe." - Albert Einstein
"Tech support PMs will be ignored" - Andy

rvb1
Old
Thanks Meter 4
Default Cellet Screen Guard

I have been using the Cellet Screen Guard for about a week now, a brand I haven't seen anything about here before. I picked it up because it was the only one they carried at Fry's for the Note 2. It is the rigid film type. It went on very easily (I am usually no good at installing these), with no bubbles or any other problem. The packaging says "scratch resistance" and so far that has proven to be true. It is very clear, hard and smooth, and the spen does not leave any marks on it. The only problem is that it does smudge and pick up fingerprints easily, but they wipe right off with a microfiber cloth.
ATT Galaxy Note II

rawdikrik
Old
Thanks Meter 122

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by le_lutin View Post
I thought your reviews were excellent. Do you have the text of them so you can post it up again?

Btw, I currently have a Just Like Glass on mine, but there was a dent or glob of glue or something in it (it's not a dust speck as it's not the right shape for that) right in the middle of the screen. I applied the JLG about 6 weeks ago and to be honest, that dent (and to a lesser extent, the rainbowing) have been annoying me ever since.

Just bought a pack of iSmooths this morning which I hope will be do the job. Under 10 delivered from the states to the UK. Not a bad deal for 3 protectors
Awww... thanks! I just really hoped my reviews helped someone choose what they wanted, even if it was something that I wasn't fond of.

I spoke to the mods and they are hoping to carry over the good reviews, so hopefully they will carry my reviews over and bring them to this thread.

I didnt save any of my review text from before (Lesson Learned) so I am really hoping the mods can bring my posts/threads back. I would at least like to copy them down somewhere else.

Ive changed the format of my reviews and should have a few more for this thread, along with 2 bumper and 2 case reviews.
Click to view
My Personal Sprint Galaxy Note 3 Setup
Rooted Stock 4.4 with Beast Kernel

Andy
Old
Forum Moderator - OP
Thanks Meter 5,295

DONATE TO ME
You checked post #4?
-
"Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the the universe." - Albert Einstein
The Following User Says Thank You to Andy For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

FormeriPhoney
Old
Thanks Meter 765
Default Re: [REVIEWS] Screen Protectors

I just got the iSmooth in the mail today after the nightmare known as JLG.

All I can say is Dayyyyyummmm!

It had everything I was looking for..
-great price
-swag included (excellent silk screen wipe)
-3 protectors!
-excellent cuts
-great adhesion
-ismooth is smooth... Both for fingers and Spen
-crystal clear
-easy install with directions with an offer for another free one with an Amazon review
-lifetime warranty, even if you mess up the install yourself

The install was so easy, so perfect, I felt like I was cheating

Not 1 bubble, or mark, or dust, or rainbow steaks (that will "dissappear" in 3-5 days like some companies claim... But 1/2 the time do not)

Not sure else what to say. Just an overall excellent experience.

+1 to iSmooth

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to FormeriPhoney For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

rawdikrik
Old
Thanks Meter 122

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by andyharney View Post
You checked post #4?
Thanks! Any chance you can add in the post I had in that thread with my final thoughts (post number 9) and also my ISmooth review?
Click to view
My Personal Sprint Galaxy Note 3 Setup
Rooted Stock 4.4 with Beast Kernel

Andy
Old
Forum Moderator - OP
Thanks Meter 5,295

DONATE TO ME
Will do
-
The Following User Says Thank You to Andy For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

DaBountyHunter
Old
Thanks Meter 28
Quote:
Originally Posted by le_lutin View Post
Just bought a pack of iSmooths this morning which I hope will be do the job. Under 10 delivered from the states to the UK. Not a bad deal for 3 protectors
Where did you order from to get it delivered to the UK? Amazon.com won't deliver to my UK address from iSmooth

donec
Old
Thanks Meter 106
Thumbs up BoxWave Clear Touch Anti glare screen protector

I just got my BoxWave Clear Touch Anti glare screen protector and installed it. Note I have never installed a screen protector before but I have read the horror stories.

I decided to install one on my Note 2 because I wanted it to change the feel of writing on glass to make it more like paper.

My wife has installed several screen protectors and some were ok and some were murder to install. The BoxWave Clear Touch Anti glare screen protector was so easy to install and quite forgiving.

I cleaned the phone screen with my clear screen wipes I use for my laptop drying it with a micro fiber cloth. Then wiped it with the cloth they provided, but did not use their cleaning wipes (saved them for later). I started and had trouble getting it to stay aligned as I removed the backing (65 with shaking hands) so after getting about and inch and a half from the corner I took it off. Then got some tape and taped it in place in 2 spots. Then started removing the backing again. Real smooth.

When done I saw I had a couple pieces of dust under the screen protector so I tried to lift it with some tape. No way it was really stuck and the tape would just come off. So I tried with my fingernail and the corner came up. I just grabbed it with my thumb and finger (worried about contaminating the back) used some tape wrapped around my finger, to remove the dust. Put the corner back down used the cardboard they provided wrapped in the cloth they provided to push out the air bubbles and done.

It's not truly straight and one edge is too far to the side and may not stick well due to curve of the glass but so far it looks good and really helps with the feel of the pen. Quite pleased and because of the deal from slickdeals I have 2 more and only spent $3.00. Note it does not change the colors nor does it have any color bands at angles. I does reduce the brightness a tiny and I mean tiny bit.
Galaxy Note II 16Gb white unlocked and GNote 10.1 grey version GT-N8013 not rooted
Linux user #449322 running Linux Mint 13 KDE

vectron
Old
Thanks Meter 1,990
Quote:
Originally Posted by FormeriPhoney View Post
I just got the iSmooth in the mail today after the nightmare known as JLG.

All I can say is Dayyyyyummmm!

It had everything I was looking for..
-great price
-swag included (excellent silk screen wipe)
-3 protectors!
-excellent cuts
-great adhesion
-ismooth is smooth... Both for fingers and Spen
-crystal clear
-easy install with directions with an offer for another free one with an Amazon review
-lifetime warranty, even if you mess up the install yourself

The install was so easy, so perfect, I felt like I was cheating

Not 1 bubble, or mark, or dust, or rainbow steaks (that will "dissappear" in 3-5 days like some companies claim... But 1/2 the time do not)

Not sure else what to say. Just an overall excellent experience.

+1 to iSmooth
+more for iSmooth. As much as I dig their original screen protector currently being shipped from Amazon:

They are sampling a new ultra-clear anti-fingerprint one which should start shipping officially once the stock of "green" ones run out. I would like to point out the new "clear" one is:
- thicker (on par with 3H thickness of Spigen and MobC) and super strong
- ultra-clear, no color distortion, no tint
- no rainbow effect (even under fluorescent lights)
- no issues using s-pen even applying extra pressure
- an improved cut, especially around home button
- super smooth, feels like glass
- covers visible part of the screen, while living enough edge margin for any case lip

I'm attaching a few edge shots of the new protector. Keep in mind its thickness relative to the phone. The edges are rounded and very smooth. After testing half a dozen of other cheaper and brand new screen protectors, this one is a keeper for me!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	ismooth-new-1.jpg
Views:	1150
Size:	98.3 KB
ID:	1690791   Click image for larger version

Name:	ismooth-new-2.jpg
Views:	1156
Size:	102.5 KB
ID:	1690792   Click image for larger version

Name:	ismooth-new-3.jpg
Views:	1101
Size:	101.5 KB
ID:	1690793  

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to vectron For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]