Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,730,807 Members 42,702 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[REVIEWS] Screen Protectors

Tip us?

le_lutin
Old
Thanks Meter 61
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaBountyHunter View Post
Where did you order from to get it delivered to the UK? Amazon.com won't deliver to my UK address from iSmooth
Go here:

http://www.amazon.com/gp/offer-listi...&condition=new

And click on the second merchant (the one that costs $10.97)
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to le_lutin For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

layziebone
Old
Thanks Meter 24
Default Re: [REVIEWS] Screen Protectors

Quote:
Originally Posted by le_lutin View Post
Go here:

http://www.amazon.com/gp/offer-listi...&condition=new

And click on the second merchant (the one that costs $10.97)
Has the $10.97 option always been there? I was on that page a few days ago and didn't see that option. Since im located in Australia, it didn't allow to post to Australia with the $9.97 option

Sent from my GT-N7105 using Tapatalk 2

---------- Post added at 12:36 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:27 AM ----------

Just ordered the iSmooth. Will take 20 business days to Australia. Cost me AUD $13.92

le_lutin
Old
Thanks Meter 61
Quote:
Originally Posted by layziebone View Post
Has the $10.97 option always been there? I was on that page a few days ago and didn't see that option. Since im located in Australia, it didn't allow to post to Australia with the $9.97 option

---------- Post added at 12:36 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:27 AM ----------

Just ordered the iSmooth. Will take 20 business days to Australia. Cost me AUD $13.92

Was definitely there a few days ago when I ordered.

DaBountyHunter
Old
Thanks Meter 27
Thanks have ordered some iSmooths too. But dang 10-20 days even to the UK is a long long time

erieboyz
Old
Thanks Meter 3

I've used the ismooth but after going through 6 of them because of the peeling around the home button, I switched to ringbo ultimate clear +. Been very happy with the clarity and ease of install. Highly recommend it.

Sent from my SGH-T889 using Tapatalk 2

ViciousMo
Old
Thanks Meter 111

I received my second JLG protector thanks to Scott and his customers service. I followed his tutorial to the T, and installation came out perfectly. No bubbles of any sort or lifting on the edges. The clarity is just like stock.

Sensitivity is same as stock, along with the Spen. I was all about dry protectors because I was afraid of killing my phone with water. I just taped off my ports to be on the safe side and I was fine. I highly recommend buyers to watch his video listed on his YouTube page. The first installation was poor due to an error caused by me.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Tapatalk 2
The Following User Says Thank You to ViciousMo For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

DaBountyHunter
Old
Thanks Meter 27
Agree tried these wet protectors here:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/1210064121...84.m1423.l2649

Wasn't entirely sure about them as it was my first time installing a wet protector but im very happy with the results. It covers both the screen fully (right to the edge of the phone), and also does the same with the back cover. Installation wasn't that bad as I followed the instructions carefully. It's a little plastic to touch but it's still very smooth. The trade off is it doesn't show fingerprints or little to none. It's of good thickness and the s-pen isn't affected at all. In fact it gives a little bit more friction to the s-pen which imo is better.

For 6.99 to cover the front and back and they are reusable (just peel them off with soapy wet hands and wet them and you can reapply without dirt). I think it's a bargain!

FormeriPhoney
Old
(Last edited by FormeriPhoney; 1st February 2013 at 01:15 PM.)
Thanks Meter 730

Quote:
Originally Posted by erieboyz View Post
I've used the ismooth but after going through 6 of them because of the peeling around the home button, I switched to ringbo ultimate clear +. Been very happy with the clarity and ease of install. Highly recommend it.

Sent from my SGH-T889 using Tapatalk 2
I'm pretty sure they have a newer version that fixes that issue. I know the set that I got is on there like glue

Souai
Old
Thanks Meter 100
ive had the sgp oleophobic and currently using sgp ultra optics.

personally, i find the clarity of the oleophobic and colour vibrancy to be better than the ultra optics.

the ultra optics seems to lack the clarity of the oleophobic, and its antiglare feature isnt as great as the ultra fine i had on my n7000. however, the ultra optics does have the matte feel without any - and i mean WITHOUT ANY - of the rainbow effect that the ultra fine had on my n7100. so far this is the main reason why i've left it on.

the annoying thing is that the ultra optics is annoying to clean due to the microchannels that it uses to reduce glare. these channels tend to pick up oils, making it harder to clean. i tend to use clear wipes to try to get rid of most of them. if you dont get rid of the oil, the screen protector goes white-ish in sunlight, making it annoying to use.

in future, i may just try a glass screen protector. with all the money ive spent trying different screen protectors and cases, i probably couldve bought 4 glass screen protectors and a few urban armor gear cases.

Breezer23
Old
Thanks Meter 89

I've used EVERY screen protector under the sun - Spigen/SGP, Martin Fields, Power Support USA, Zagg, Ringke, Incipio, Switcheasy, Best Skins Ever, Armor Shield, and a million generics from Amazon. I finally found one that gives me everything! The Oleophobic coating on this dry application protector really seems to work. Better still, it's probably the clearest and most unnoticeable protector I've used other than maybe Martin Fields.

They are Amazon Prime eligible and only $9.99 for 2. Package comes with a micro fiber. Trust me, these things are awesome. I am trying the Ultra Clear ones right now. They are great as well but scratch up easily.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B009M7TZYO

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk 2