Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,771,909 Members 37,685 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum
View Poll Results: What keyboard to you use?
Swiftkey 27 32.93%
AOSP keyboard 26 31.71%
Note 2 8 9.76%
other 21 25.61%
Voters: 82. You may not vote on this poll

[ROM] Dandroid 5.2 [4.3 TW] [AOSP KK 4.4 Theme] 02/20/14

Tip us?

sasquatch006
Old
Thanks Meter 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by Danvdh View Post
The lock screen is touchwiz, I didn't add AOSP lock screen because I don't really like it and it caused me some issues on some previous builds, I may add AOSP lock screen in a future build but for now I feel Samsung did the lock screen right on TW, as for your other question, yes you can theme whatever you want since I de-odexed the file system for you
Just curious as to what issues it caused you on previous builds? I've added the AOSP lockscreen to this and re-themed, and it seems to be working great. I added a modified framework-res.apk that disables the menu-button-unlocks "feature", as well. I've somehow lost the ability to hold my home button down to bring up recent apps, but I'm sure that's due to me either adding the AOSP lockscreen package, or some other tweak I've done.

All in all, this is a great ROM. Well done Danvdh!
The Following User Says Thank You to sasquatch006 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Danvdh
Old
(Last edited by Danvdh; 30th January 2013 at 07:34 PM.)
Recognized Contributor - OP
Thanks Meter 11265

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by sasquatch006 View Post
Just curious as to what issues it caused you on previous builds? I've added the AOSP lockscreen to this and re-themed, and it seems to be working great. I added a modified framework-res.apk that disables the menu-button-unlocks "feature", as well. I've somehow lost the ability to hold my home button down to bring up recent apps, but I'm sure that's due to me either adding the AOSP lockscreen package, or some other tweak I've done.

All in all, this is a great ROM. Well done Danvdh!
That's just it, it would either be menu unlocks the phone or long hold of home doesn't work, What I may do is just make a flashable zip when I get time for the people that do want the AOSP lock screen. I didn't want to bake it in because it would cause one issue or another, I like everything to be 100% perfect right out of the box on a fresh wipe/install, I am however glad you got it installed successfully, I knew it was 100% compatible but like I said above, not 100% perfect

I'm glad you like everything, this rom is butter.
If you would like to support me, Donate here I've spent countless hours on my projects with many sleepless nights. Donations are appreciated and keep me motivated

Need help? Follow me on twitter and I will answer any ROM or Android questions.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Danvdh For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

mana4.com
Old
(Last edited by mana4.com; 30th January 2013 at 07:54 PM.)
Thanks Meter 28
First, thank you for this rom. It's exactly what I need and all the features seem to work well on my Canadian Videotron SGS3.

Is it possible to revert back to the stock theme ? Also, what is the difference between intellidemand/noop and intellidemand/sio ?

Danvdh
Old
Thanks Meter 11265

DONATE TO ME
Yep you can theme however you want everything is compatible as I have deodexed the system for you. also noop and sio are both great choices. Refer here for all that information http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...php?t=2019597n
If you would like to support me, Donate here I've spent countless hours on my projects with many sleepless nights. Donations are appreciated and keep me motivated

mana4.com
Old
(Last edited by mana4.com; 30th January 2013 at 11:20 PM.)
Thanks Meter 28
I don't want theme, how to revert back to the stock ?

Thank you.

Danvdh
Old
Thanks Meter 11265

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by mana4.com View Post
I don't want theme, how to revert back to the stock ?

Thank you.
Just look for a stock Samsung theme. If you still can't find one I'll make one for you

stlouie65
Old
Thanks Meter 242
Anyone able to get GPS going?
Phone: HTC One (T-Mobile)
Android O/S: I'm a "CrackFlasher" (Currently smokin' InsertCoin)

mana4.com
Old
Thanks Meter 28
Quote:
Originally Posted by stlouie65 View Post
GPS work fine for me. In fact I have instant lock in less than 15 seconds. Maybe try GPS Status and/or FasterFix from Google Play.

---------- Post added at 10:41 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:36 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danvdh View Post
Just look for a stock Samsung theme. If you still can't find one I'll make one for you
Finally I will use one of the theme from this thread. It work perfectly well!
The Following User Says Thank You to mana4.com For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Danvdh
Old
(Last edited by Danvdh; 31st January 2013 at 06:19 AM.)
Thanks Meter 11265

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by stlouie65 View Post
GPS instant lock here too, sounds like you lost gps on flash, do you see the icon on the left even flashing? if not, don't worry, its not the rom, because most likely no matter what rom you flash too (Which I recommend you to try your nandroid backup or another rom first), the issue will remain, its not the kernel either, in fact it seems to be another partition our custom recovery's don't wipe when we do a full wipe/cache clear, check here for more information, its actually quite an easy fix but a time consuming one that can happen randomly, much like a IMEI getting lost mysteriously during a flash to rom that you know is safe and stable. This has happened to me once flashing another rom and it was completely random, I could not repeat the issue, some people say it happens when you flash from a port to a rom that was designed for your carrier.

The Following User Says Thank You to Danvdh For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

critofur
Old
Thanks Meter 35

DONATE TO ME
WiFi calling works?