XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

The Hidden Note II

Tip us?

TheNeighbor101
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 151
Default Re: The Hidden Note II

Mxyzptlk, yes, the reading light is plausible. I have one, but that would be attracting attention more. But I certainly can see the long time usage of this deception. Yes, I can do this too.

Sent from my GT-N7100 using XDA Premium HD app

Mister_Mxyzptlk
Old
Thanks Meter 264

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheNeighbor101 View Post
Mxyzptlk, yes, the reading light is plausible. I have one, but that would be attracting attention more. But I certainly can see the long time usage of this deception. Yes, I can do this too.

I was really thinking of using it only in situations where your handset's light would otherwise ruin the effect. But I can see the reading light drawing attention too. I guess it's use would have to be occasional and with a judgement call.

TheNeighbor101
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 151

Click image for larger version

Name:	uploadfromtaptalk1359772692845.jpg
Views:	1264
Size:	123.3 KB
ID:	1696306Click image for larger version

Name:	uploadfromtaptalk1359772753776.jpg
Views:	1255
Size:	117.0 KB
ID:	1696307

My further development for the planner is to use a page and cut it exactly the Note II's screen profile and to cover the rest. I seem to be able to trigger the back and option capacitive buttons through the paper. The front paper can be held in place by using Blutack.

I still have 2 extra planners to experiment on, probably integrating the first S Pen with the holder accessory into the niche. Any further suggestions are appreciated.

Sent from my HTC ChaCha A810e using xda app-developers app

chris82o
Old
Thanks Meter 6

Wow dont get me wrong but where do you live that you have to travle like that but great idea It reminds me of the nook cases that look l Iike journals and books I love them I hope they make something like that for the note 2

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using xda premium

KB112
Old
Thanks Meter 673

Damn. .. That's creative. But I shutter at the thought of having to go through these lengths.

Sent from my SPH-L900 using xda premium
Sprint - ED Family Plan w/ 6 lines.
LG G2 (Stock Rooted - TWRP)

SwiftLegend
Old
Thanks Meter 90
Damn, that's really unfortunate. My friend had his iPhone taken in the middle of the day. The guy asked if he could make a call, then walked out of the store, and when my friend followed him, he said he had a knife and to walk the other way.

I understand where you're coming from with this mod, but in all honesty, the best way to prevent getting into a situation like this is to be smart. Of course I don't know the full story, but my advice to anyone is keep your phone concealed whenever you can and be mindful of your surroundings. May seem paranoid (Hey, I'm kinda tall for my age but I'm also pretty skinny), but I'm always watching around me for anything/one suspicious - especially when walking down a dark/sketchy side street.

Glad your brothers safe though. Situations like this can turn ugly fast.

Verizon Galaxy Note 2 - PAC Rom
Verizon Galaxy Nexus - Xylon/Just laying around
Nexus 7 - Latest Paranoid Android build
Transformer 101 - *Retired*
Jailbroken iPad 3 - *Shattered screen, not usable*
2013 Macbook Pro - Slowly becoming my baby

AllanJH
Old
Thanks Meter 16
I still have my old HTC Amaze 4G, so I'm working on finding a VNC server app for my Note II and a client for my Amaze, and then simply tethering my Amaze to my Note. Then I can leave the Note in my pocket connected to my headphones, and control it with my Amaze.
< blog="Much Ado About Internets" twitter="@AllanJH" />
Galaxy Note II SGH-T889/Transformer Prime/HTC Amaze 4G/Galaxy Nexus/HTC Wildfire S
The Following User Says Thank You to AllanJH For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

TheNeighbor101
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 151

Allan, what does VNC stand for? I was thinking about doing some remote interface contro

TheNeighbor101
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 151

Chris82o, even first world countries aren't immune to robberies. I opt to be safer and without fear of losing an expensive device.

TheNeighbor101
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 151

SwiftLegend, thanks. I do the same defensive precautions. This concealment is another layer. I wish for an E-ink version to kill off the strong light.

Anyway, i got some new ideas for the 2 extra planners I have. I will post them soon.