The Hidden Note II

OP TheNeighbor101

2nd February 2013, 10:34 AM   |  #21  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 165

250 posts
Re: The Hidden Note II
KB112, yes, it is a hassle. You need to do it yourself. No point if this was commercially available.

Sent from my HTC ChaCha A810e using xda app-developers app
3rd February 2013, 02:48 AM   |  #22  
OP Senior Member

250 posts
Click image for larger version

Name:	uploadfromtaptalk1359859537221.jpg
Views:	893
Size:	151.8 KB
ID:	1699234

Some guide for those who would like to make their own hidding unit. Just be precise in the cutting.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to TheNeighbor101 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
3rd February 2013, 03:12 AM   |  #23  
Thanks Meter: 140

367 posts
Carry a gun and shoot the thief.

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Tapatalk 2
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to ciscostud For This Useful Post: [ View ]
3rd February 2013, 04:41 AM   |  #24  
Flag Tallahassee, Florida
Thanks Meter: 122

856 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ciscostud

We've already been down that road, thread got cleaned up.
3rd February 2013, 09:10 PM   |  #25  
****holeville, OH
Thanks Meter: 76

436 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by ciscostud

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Tapatalk 2

As much as I agree, different circumstances would dictate whether or not you could do that, such as your kids being with you or your just not the type of person that likes confrontation. I would recommend downloading cerberus or something of that nature to catch and hold the person responsible that's doing this. I couldnt see shooting somebody over a phone, but all in all, you have to be able to protect yourself.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk HD
3rd February 2013, 09:48 PM   |  #26  
Flag The Hammer
Thanks Meter: 112

500 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheNeighbor101

Allan, what does VNC stand for? I was thinking about doing some remote interface contro

VNC stands for Virtual Network Computing. What Allen was saying was to leave his expensive phone in his backpack, and use a cheaper phone remotely connected to his Note 2. He would be using his cheaper phone as a viewer only. In sense giving the thief the idea that he doesn't have anything worth stealing. Smart!!
One flaw though, both phones would need a active data plan. Unless there is a way to tether the phones through WiFi. Bluetooth wouldn't provide sufficient bandwidth.
Sent from my SGH-I317M using xda app-developers app
3rd February 2013, 10:53 PM   |  #27  
Libramont
Thanks Meter: 10

148 posts
More
Great and fun idea, i follow this topic
3rd February 2013, 11:18 PM   |  #28  
OP Senior Member

250 posts
g2tegg, I've done something like this. I forgot the app name. My Note was tethered via hotspot of my HTC Chacha which is out. The main problem is battery drain for the Chacha which I resolved with a small 5500mAh portable power bank.

It took forever to remote my Note. It didn't show me exactly how my Note's UI, just the status and sms reading. You need to pay for the sms sending ability.

To keep everything simple, I put my main line into the Chacha as my main com device for messages, calls & unlimited data hotspot for my Note. I put in my old really not-so-used sim into the Note and used my old SE LiveView smartwatch to read, send pre-typed messages, see who's calling, get alerts and control music.

I know it reduces the Note's usability during the commuting/traveling period. But at least the chances of it being snatched or being held up for it is reduced. I fully use my Note at home and at work or at cafés/restaurants.

Anyone know of any app that remotes the Note and exactly shows you the UI like apps that remote controls your desktop PCs on your Android?

Sent from my GT-N7100 using XDA Premium HD app
4th February 2013, 12:08 AM   |  #29  
Thanks Meter: 5

78 posts
I never use my phone in places night or day trains ect. I know I can get robbed and will only take it out for a quick sec and hurry to put it back in my pocket or purse. I've only really started doing it when I got the note 2. Its bag and attracts attention I don't need.

Sent from my lovely Note 2
4th February 2013, 12:24 AM   |  #30  
OP Senior Member

250 posts
Yes, Lia, a better measure is to get a cheaper device that no one would bother as the thing you take out. You can tether your Note II via hotspot when needed.

I worry about my wife with my first Gen Note. I'll be giving her a Galaxy Mini just for safety. Constructing her one of my hiding planners as well.

Sent from my GT-N7100 using XDA Premium HD app

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread