[Q] [HELP!!!] Bricked GT-N8000

Search This thread

dieselz

Feb 1, 2012
Cairo
Hello,

I'm not new to the forums and I'm not new to bricking devices but I'm new to bricking GT-N8000 and this time i think i lost my efs and did not backup..
what i did wrong simply is i don't know how but i managed to flash 10.1 the TABLET instead of note and it didn't read any signal so when i figured out later what i did i downloaded a rom and tried to install hoping everything will be okay which it didn't.. downloaded a firmware from samfirmware which was one md5 file and since then i'm stuck with the opening window "Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1", so now i figured what i need is to flash EFS img, right now i have installed cwm and custom rom but when it loads it get stuck on Samsung logo.
i also factory reset after that i tried to format the sdcard which is the internal storage, and i think i might have format something called pre-load folder also the cache partition which i suspected due to my limited newbie thinking thought it might help
I'm not sure what should i do and i been looking everywhere for almost 7 hours now and still got nothing, Please Help.
i tried to flash the original firmware not that it came with because it came from china but the UAE one, and when i do it get stuck on the opening logo unlike the custom firmware that gets stuck on Samsung logo, and when i try to access the recovery mode i get this down there in the logo:
E: Failed to mount /efs (Invalid argument)
#Manual Mode#
--Applying Multi-CSC...
Applied CSC-Code : unknown
Successfully applied multi-CSC
E:can't mount /efs/log/boot_cause
E:can't open /efs/log/boot_cause

anyone can shed some light on what i might need to do :(

Last edited:

dieselz

Feb 1, 2012
Cairo
would somebody please help me :(

would somebody please help me, i don't know where else to go, i came here because this is like the mother of all developers im lost :(

Riki1kenobi

Jun 16, 2007
Bolton
Okay, lets take it a step at a time. Can you boot into recovery? IF so, clear the cache, dalvik, and do a factory reset (you will lose data). Then try rebooting the tab.

Also, what happens when you connect up to Odin? Does it show com connected?

dieselz

Feb 1, 2012
Cairo
i did all that

Okay, lets take it a step at a time. Can you boot into recovery? IF so, clear the cache, dalvik, and do a factory reset (you will lose data). Then try rebooting the tab.

Also, what happens when you connect up to Odin? Does it show com connected?

i did all that already and i can connect to download mode fine no problem so does my recovery works fine as well,
the problem seems to be that when i installed the tablet rom erased my efs or im not sure what happened exactly but for all i know i need an efs img for n8000 because i didnt back it up and cant find it T_T

Riki1kenobi

Jun 16, 2007
Bolton
Which rom were you on originally, as in region and version? Which telco provider?

Your first post is a bit garbled and hard to read.

Im guessing you bought the tab in china? But you live in UAE?

Last edited:
Reactions: dieselz

dieselz

Feb 1, 2012
Cairo
you're rgith the device originally came from china and it was unlocked so i had to replace it with something else and it wasn't moded used it for over 4 months and then recently i tried to install something else which led to me by mistake install a tablet rom that was installed and there was no signal thats when i noticed, after that i downloaded moded one by revolution and installed it via cwm after that i rebooted and it got stuck at samsung logo then i tried the original one after reboot it got stuck at the first logo that says Samsung Galaxy note 10.1 after that i formated sdcard and preload folder so is cache

Last edited:

JJEgan

Oct 24, 2010
Samsung Galaxy Note 3
Assuming the product is not a fake flashing a stock rom may bring back your EFS folder .
Preference would be for the original rom .
EFS /IMEI is tied to the phone not a folder that can be swapped .

jje

dieselz

Feb 1, 2012
Cairo
im not sure

Assuming the product is not a fake flashing a stock rom may bring back your EFS folder .
Preference would be for the original rom .
EFS /IMEI is tied to the phone not a folder that can be swapped .

jje

i'm not sure what you meant, but why would i get that error that efs cannot be mounted and i already tried to flash the original rom, and it was one big file..
im just lost here i don't really know what to do im just assuming.. please advise

dieselz

Feb 1, 2012
Cairo
downloading, but

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2016792

have you flashed the China firmware from this thread thru ODIN? not thru CWM?

if it doesn't work, definitely do a wipe and reflash

im downloading it from samfirmware but do you really think that the original firmware could replace an efs mount error? i thought th efs wasn't replaceable and about the phone unit so is the IMEI,
also if anyone could or have already seen N8000 Pit file ever please advise where to get it because i've searched the internet all over for it with no use

Last edited:

Riki1kenobi

Jun 16, 2007
Bolton
On the OG tab 7 the efs was replaced by flashing to region specific stock. Would imagine it would be same here. You just lose ALL data in the process.

dieselz

Feb 1, 2012
Cairo
i have a friend who sent me EFS but when i tried to install it from recovery but it aborts, any ideas on how to get it there or if i have to unizp it and install one of the md5 files or one of bin inside like nv_data,
also please if you could help me locate the pit file for n8000 which doesn't exist i'd be grateful

Riki1kenobi

Jun 16, 2007
Bolton
i have a friend who sent me EFS but when i tried to install it from recovery but it aborts, any ideas on how to get it there or if i have to unizp it and install one of the md5 files or one of bin inside like nv_data,
also please if you could help me locate the pit file for n8000 which doesn't exist i'd be grateful

From what I remember its not a flashable file. It needs to be copied and pasted via a file explorer.

dieselz

Feb 1, 2012
Cairo
is there a way?

is there a way to do that in cwm?:(
and what about that pit file, have you seen it or came across it before?

Riki1kenobi

Jun 16, 2007
Bolton
is there a way to do that in cwm?:(
and what about that pit file, have you seen it or came across it before?

Not that I know of. You need r/w permissions (root access) and from the tab you need to use a file explorer to replace the efs folder with the new one. I doubt your friends efs data would help anyway, the imei is unique to each device.

The pit file contains the partition information for the device. Unless you have messed with it (unlikely as it is hard to mess with) then I wouldn't worry about the pit file.

Did you try flashing the china rom from samfirmware yet?

Top Liked Posts