Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required
Post Reply

RAZR HD XT925 Rogers/Fido now receiving Jelly bean!

OP Sumanji

2nd February 2013, 04:05 PM   |  #21  
Member
Thanks Meter: 5
 
39 posts
Join Date:Joined: Aug 2011
Update Methodology
Quote:
Originally Posted by SickBeast

I am on stock Rogers firmware and it's still not working. I've tried a bunch of different things including using CWM to flash it but it still doesn't work. I get errors.

You can downgrade to the stock ICS rom from Jelly Bean in fastboot by deleting a couple of lines from the .xml file in the .zip file. I forget what they are off the top of my head, but I think they were right at the beginning near the "getvar" line.

I've been updating many phones with CWM before but I just recently bought a Rogers XT925 that I have unlocked and will be using on Koodo. Right now, other than being unlocked it is stock. Am I correct in assuming that I need to use RSD to flash this .ZIP file after putting it in Fastboot mode?

Thanks for the download source!
2nd February 2013, 04:13 PM   |  #22  
Senior Member
Flag Montreal
Thanks Meter: 41
 
246 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jul 2012
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by biKF

I've been updating many phones with CWM before but I just recently bought a Rogers XT925 that I have unlocked and will be using on Koodo. Right now, other than being unlocked it is stock. Am I correct in assuming that I need to use RSD to flash this .ZIP file after putting it in Fastboot mode?

Thanks for the download source!

You can't flash an OTA with RSD. If you really wanna use RSD you would have to wait for the fastboot files
2nd February 2013, 04:13 PM   |  #23  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 182
 
730 posts
Join Date:Joined: May 2011
No, I think you have to do it using the stock recovery. I posted instructions in the thread in the android development forum but it gives an error and does not work. I need a guru to help me figure out how to install this.
2nd February 2013, 04:31 PM   |  #24  
Member
Thanks Meter: 5
 
39 posts
Join Date:Joined: Aug 2011
Update method
Quote:
Originally Posted by SickBeast

No, I think you have to do it using the stock recovery. I posted instructions in the thread in the android development forum but it gives an error and does not work. I need a guru to help me figure out how to install this.

This is sort of the reason I asked the question. This thread give links to the update file but not how to do it.
2nd February 2013, 04:40 PM   |  #25  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 182
 
730 posts
Join Date:Joined: May 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by danifunker

http://d-h.st/JNV

You need to be on Rogers stock firmware to apply it. If you're not, grab the fastboot files from sbf.Droidevelopers.org.

If you're on jelly bean already (from another variety like telstra), you might have to wait until the firmware team locates the fastboot files for jelly bean.

Can someone confirm if you can fastboot ICS over JB? if so, what's the process?

Sent from my XT925 using Tapatalk 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by biKF

This is sort of the reason I asked the question. This thread give links to the update file but not how to do it.

Here are the steps:
1. put the .zip file onto your external sd card
2. boot into recovery by holding volume up and then pressing power, then use volume down until you get to "recovery" and press volume up to select it
3. once the Android with the belly open logo shows, press both Volume Up and Volume Down
4. use Volume Down to navigate 'Update from External Data' and press 'Power' to select it
5. use Volume Down to navigate to the .zip file and press 'Power' to select it

There is something else we have to do thought; we need to alter the .zip file so that it will install correctly. I tried a few things already but nothing is working.
The Following User Says Thank You to SickBeast For This Useful Post: [ View ]
2nd February 2013, 04:46 PM   |  #26  
Senior Member
Flag Montreal
Thanks Meter: 41
 
246 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jul 2012
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by SickBeast

Here are the steps:
1. put the .zip file onto your external sd card
2. boot into recovery by holding volume up and then pressing power, then use volume down until you get to "recovery" and press volume up to select it
3. once the Android with the belly open logo shows, press both Volume Up and Volume Down
4. use Volume Down to navigate 'Update from External Data' and press 'Power' to select it
5. use Volume Down to navigate to the .zip file and press 'Power' to select it

There is something else we have to do thought; we need to alter the .zip file so that it will install correctly. I tried a few things already but nothing is working.

I managed to install it through stock recovery and so far it's working just fine! I'm booting it up as I'm writing this.
The only difference in the way I did it was that instead of keeping the zip on the SD move it to /Cache!

Here are my steps:
1. Download & put ZIP on SD.
2. Using ES File Explorer with Root I moved the file to /cache NOT system/cache.
3. Boot up in recovery using Volume Up and Volume Down, select Recovery.
4. Select "Update from cache" & select your file
5. Give it time
6. Enjoy JB!

NOTE: To preserve root you must use OTA Rootkeeper or the Survival mode on SuperSU
Edit: Survival mode didn't preserve root...
Last edited by saloums7; 2nd February 2013 at 04:57 PM.
2nd February 2013, 04:48 PM   |  #27  
davidjames4's Avatar
Member
Flag Toronto
Thanks Meter: 12
 
61 posts
Join Date:Joined: Apr 2011
More
Re: RAZR HD XT925 Rogers/Fido now receiving Jelly bean!
I think I'm just going to use this time to back up my phone, wipe it, root it and and put on root keeper and wait the few days for my turn for a nice clean update.

Sent from my XT925 using xda app-developers app
2nd February 2013, 05:05 PM   |  #28  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 182
 
730 posts
Join Date:Joined: May 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by saloums7

I managed to install it through stock recovery and so far it's working just fine! I'm booting it up as I'm writing this.
The only difference in the way I did it was that instead of keeping the zip on the SD move it to /Cache!

Here are my steps:
1. Download & put ZIP on SD.
2. Using ES File Explorer with Root I moved the file to /cache NOT system/cache.
3. Boot up in recovery using Volume Up and Volume Down, select Recovery.
4. Select "Update from cache" & select your file
5. Give it time
6. Enjoy JB!

NOTE: To preserve root you must use OTA Rootkeeper or the Survival mode on SuperSU
Edit: Survival mode didn't preserve root...

Thanks for that but even using your method I'm getting an error message and it won't install.
2nd February 2013, 05:59 PM   |  #29  
Recognized Contributor
Flag Toronto
Thanks Meter: 239
 
889 posts
Join Date:Joined: Sep 2011
Donate to Me
More
Re: RAZR HD XT925 Rogers/Fido now receiving Jelly bean!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sumanji

Thanks dani!

This will work over Fido software too, right?

Su

This should work for Fido, you should try it out though.

Sent from my XT925 using Tapatalk 2

---------- Post added at 11:59 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:56 AM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by davidjames4

I think I'm just going to use this time to back up my phone, wipe it, root it and and put on root keeper and wait the few days for my turn for a nice clean update.

Sent from my XT925 using xda app-developers app

Fyi, they did come up with a jelly bean root hack recently. Check the development forum. I don't think you need to apply root before going to JB since you can do it after you update.

Sent from my XT925 using Tapatalk 2
2nd February 2013, 06:37 PM   |  #30  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 182
 
730 posts
Join Date:Joined: May 2011
We really need to figure out how people can install this when they have flashed other ROMs. Even after flashing back to the stock Rogers ROM using RSD Lite I cannot install this update. It's really upsetting. I would have never flashed to a different ROM had I known that you can not go back to stock properly.

---------- Post added at 07:37 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:00 PM ----------

how long do you guys think it will be before we have the full ROM that we can flash in RSD Lite?

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes