Originally Posted by SickBeast
Here are the steps:
1. put the .zip file onto your external sd card
2. boot into recovery by holding volume up and then pressing power, then use volume down until you get to "recovery" and press volume up to select it
3. once the Android with the belly open logo shows, press both Volume Up and Volume Down
4. use Volume Down to navigate 'Update from External Data' and press 'Power' to select it
5. use Volume Down to navigate to the .zip file and press 'Power' to select it
There is something else we have to do thought; we need to alter the .zip file so that it will install correctly. I tried a few things already but nothing is working.
I managed to install it through stock recovery and so far it's working just fine! I'm booting it up as I'm writing this.
The only difference in the way I did it was that instead of keeping the zip on the SD move it to /Cache!
Here are my steps:
1. Download & put ZIP on SD.
2. Using ES File Explorer with Root I moved the file to /cache NOT system/cache.
3. Boot up in recovery using Volume Up and Volume Down, select Recovery.
4. Select "Update from cache" & select your file
5. Give it time
6. Enjoy JB!
NOTE: To preserve root you must use OTA Rootkeeper or the Survival mode on SuperSU
Edit: Survival mode didn't preserve root...