[ROM] [AOSP] [4.2.2] Perfect Android [MANTA]

OP jakdillard

30th January 2013, 05:30 PM   |  #1  
OP Senior Member
Flag Indianapolis' west side
Thanks Meter: 883

754 posts
More
This is a ROM based off of the Android Open Source Project that I'm maintaining for myself that I'm sharing with the community.

This ROM doesn't have any special features found in most ROM's, instead I am more focused on keeping this a "STOCK" open source alternative to the shipped firmware.

If you are looking for something that is more developed I would suggest CyanogenMOD, AOKP, TeamEOS, or ParaniodAndroid, that offers more.

THIS ROM IS NOT ROOTED:
There are 3 different root apps out there in the wild and in the spirit of keeping everything as open as possible I have chosen NOT to include root, also I don't need root for anything that I do.

THIS ROM IS ODEXED:
De-odexing a rom has many pros and cons to it, one of the pros being that any modification to any apk such as theming is easier since all of the parts and info would be in one place, the apk being modified. One of the cons of de-odexing is that apks would take longer to into memory and this takes a hit on performance, not anything that is major but one example is first boot after a flash takes way longer on de-odexed roms vs odexed roms. There are apps and scripts out there to run if you need to de-odex.

If you have an error or something pops up I ask that before you post about it please make sure that you are running the ROM as provided. I cannot troubleshoot anything that is related to using other kernels, mods, or themes.

Google Apps are NOT included:

DOWNLOAD:
http://d-h.st/P0s

This rom is open source.

Source:
https://github.com/jakdillard

Always remember that XDA started out as a great place and will remain a great place as long as we are great to each other anything used in this ROM is available upon request and feel free to use this as a base rom for any other project.

WANT TO CUSTOMIZE THIS ROM READ THIS:
Like the ROM and want to add or remove anything or customize for yourself use this http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=633246 DSIXDA's Kitchen. Its a great kitchen for customizing prebuilt ROMs.

CREDITS:
AOSP - of course
Last edited by jakdillard; 18th March 2013 at 02:23 PM.
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to jakdillard For This Useful Post: [ View ]
3rd February 2013, 05:11 PM   |  #2  
OP Senior Member

754 posts
More
Update 2-3-13
http://d-h.st/Qgp

Updates build to JOP40G
6th February 2013, 03:50 AM   |  #3  
Thanks Meter: 5

76 posts
This is exactly what I'm looking for. Clean and simple, very basic mods to AOSP. Thanks!
6th February 2013, 05:55 AM   |  #4  
OP Senior Member

754 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by cuguy

This is exactly what I'm looking for. Clean and simple, very basic mods to AOSP. Thanks!

No problem.
6th February 2013, 06:17 AM   |  #5  
Flag Utah
Thanks Meter: 19

265 posts
More
Just flashed this. I'm really looking forward to it. I hope it doesn't give me issues like all the other roms I've tried so far.
6th February 2013, 05:58 PM   |  #6  
OP Senior Member

754 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by jbdavies

Just flashed this. I'm really looking forward to it. I hope it doesn't give me issues like all the other roms I've tried so far.

what were your issues ?
6th February 2013, 06:05 PM   |  #7  
Flag Utah

265 posts
More
Re: [ROM] [AOSP] [4.2.1] Perfect Android [MANTA] [2-3-13]
Quote:
Originally Posted by jakdillard

what were your issues ?

Lots of random reboots. The last one I flashed would reboot while in a game, then wouldn't boot back up.

So far this seems great. My only issue is Mint isn't working. At all. I go to log in and it just sits there saying "Downloading data. This can take a couple minutes." Or something along those lines. Then it just sits there. When it does do something, it says "Unable to connect. Please check network connection."

I've cleared data, uninstalled, reinstalled, everything. But still won't work. No other apps are having issues with connectivity.

Any ideas on what it could be?
6th February 2013, 06:37 PM   |  #8  
OP Senior Member

754 posts
More
Quote:

Lots of random reboots. The last one I flashed would reboot while in a game, then wouldn't boot back up.

So far this seems great. My only issue is Mint isn't working. At all. I go to log in and it just sits there saying "Downloading data. This can take a couple minutes." Or something along those lines. Then it just sits there. When it does do something, it says "Unable to connect. Please check network connection."

I've cleared data, uninstalled, reinstalled, everything. But still won't work. No other apps are having issues with connectivity.

Any ideas on what it could be?

Honestly I'd have to try it out.

edit: you're talking about mint.com? if so its working for me
Last edited by jakdillard; 6th February 2013 at 06:46 PM.
6th February 2013, 06:56 PM   |  #9  
Flag Utah

265 posts
More
Re: [ROM] [AOSP] [4.2.1] Perfect Android [MANTA] [2-3-13]
Quote:
Originally Posted by jakdillard

Honestly I'd have to try it out.

edit: you're talking about mint.com? if so its working for me

Correct, Mint.com. That's weird. I'll try again when I get home. I'll report back later.
6th February 2013, 07:28 PM   |  #10  
OP Senior Member

754 posts
More
Quote:

Correct, Mint.com. That's weird. I'll try again when I get home. I'll report back later.

it could just be that the app may be having some issues with your bank

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread