Mime glass screen protectors

OP M2Iceman

24th February 2013, 03:37 AM   |  #91  
Thanks Meter: 18

91 posts
Re: Mime glass screen protectors
Quote:
Originally Posted by farfromovin

Pretty sure that's a film and not glass...

Sent from my GIANT internet thingy.

If you go to descriptions it clearly states it's reinforce glass 9H.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using xda app-developers app
24th February 2013, 03:59 AM   |  #92  
Flag Brooklyn, NY
Thanks Meter: 282

1,894 posts
More
I think there should have a separate "tempered glass screen protector" thread because it's unique, tough, scratch-resistant, and VERY EXPENSIVE.

-----------UPDATE--------------

I got an email from MIMEUSA:
Quote:

Thank you for your pictures Matt. Quality control is something I personally take very seriously and I am sorry about this issue. I have forwarded your photos to our team members and we will be shipping out your replacement this coming Monday.

Best,

Olivia M.

Last edited by mingkee; 24th February 2013 at 04:53 AM.
The Following User Says Thank You to mingkee For This Useful Post: [ View ]
24th February 2013, 05:15 AM   |  #93  
Flag East York
Thanks Meter: 106

1,063 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by mingkee

I think there should have a separate "tempered glass screen protector" thread because it's unique, tough, scratch-resistant, and VERY EXPENSIVE.

-----------UPDATE--------------

I got an email from MIMEUSA:

Great customer service, I'm going to order one. Thanks for sharing.

Sent from my Note 2
24th February 2013, 06:46 AM   |  #94  
I had my doubts but I had to replace my JLG protector and the MIME was my next choice. Really happy about the purchase. I have the nonstick edges like everyone else. Luckily my choice of bumper works perfectly with the MIME protector.

The handwritten note in the box and just the presentation alone made it awesome! Not the best pics but you can see my setup here:
CLICK HERE
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Ghost_1 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
24th February 2013, 12:33 PM   |  #95  
Thanks Meter: 856

4,790 posts
Hi

I was the first to actually use the mime like protector, mine was the chinese version, and upto now i'm very happy with it, as someone futher up the post asked me, do I get lifting from the edge, well my protector doesn't lift up ,pretty good fit, but thers is a concern about other peoples problems about the bubble along the side, mine has something like that but you cannot see it unless you put the phone at a angle and against the light, but this is normal, unless the protector is made smaller you won't get that problem, this is due to the curve of the glass on the edge of the main screen,

I also don't get dust or anthing else sticking to the edge of the screen, and I have a very secure fit.

If people are worried about the edge problem I would suggest you select a PET screen protector, it's not a problem that can be sorted out unless they make the protector smaller, then people will start to say the protector are too small and won't cover near to the edges of the phone.
24th February 2013, 01:13 PM   |  #96  
Thanks Meter: 9

93 posts
The none stick edge is uniform all around the edge, except at the top of the phone, there it's completely down. I think it's the adhesive don't go completely to the edge. This isn't a issue for me cause the screen protector is hard and I don't see in the future it peeling up. The screen still should be well protected. The only problem I had, was I bought a seidio surface case which is a hard case, when I put it on it pulled up the screen protector up on the left top side. I removed the case and smooth the screen protector back down. Just ordered another case that should work with the screen protector.

Sent from my SGH-T889 using xda premium
24th February 2013, 01:18 PM   |  #97  
Thanks Meter: 856

4,790 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack143

The none stick edge is uniform all around the edge, except at the top of the phone, there it's completely down. I think it's the adhesive don't go completely to the edge. This isn't a issue for me cause the screen protector is hard and I don't see in the future it peeling up. The screen still should be well protected. The only problem I had, was I bought a seidio surface case which is a hard case, when I put it on it pulled up the screen protector up on the left top side. I removed the case and smooth the screen protector back down. Just ordered another case that should work with the screen protector.

Sent from my SGH-T889 using xda premium

The adhesive is also along the edge, it's just the main screen that starts to curve slightly just where the edge of the protector is positioned.
The Following User Says Thank You to kms108 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
24th February 2013, 01:56 PM   |  #98  
Flag Brooklyn, NY
Thanks Meter: 282

1,894 posts
More
I hope the stickiness can go all the way to the entire protector, or the dust will be collected in the air space and it will turn to other color over time.
This is my main concern.
Last edited by mingkee; 24th February 2013 at 02:09 PM.
24th February 2013, 05:20 PM   |  #99  
Thanks Meter: 34

164 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by mingkee

I hope the stickiness can go all the way to the entire protector, or the dust will be collected in the air space and it will turn to other color over time.
This is my main concern.

Or liquid

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using xda app-developers app
25th February 2013, 01:03 AM   |  #100  
Flag BALTIMORE MD
Thanks Meter: 306

1,658 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by kms108

Hi

Is this what it looks like, this is the one I have and I'm like you very happy with it.

If you want me to remove this post just let me know, since it's not actually the mime protector.

This is what it looks like on my phone.

What case is that?

Sent from my SPH-L900 using xda app-developers app

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread