Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required
Post Reply

Mime glass screen protectors

OP M2Iceman

1st February 2013, 02:04 PM   |  #11  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 29
 
149 posts
Join Date:Joined: Sep 2007
Quote:
Originally Posted by Afishl1

I ordered this:
http://m-protectors/glaz-tempered-gl...ml?pb=71&pc=20

But kind of wishing I had seen the Mime as it looks like it might be better and I like the fact that it comes with those other screen protectors to put on top of it(but looks like they may not be including those anymore?).

Haven't received it yet, so may try to cancel if possible.

Sent from my SGH-T889 using xda app-developers app

The purple protector is actually a static cleaner. You use it after using the cleaner to take off any lint or scrap that might be on the screen just before adding the glass screen so its clean and no items. My second one is taking a bit longer to get but received en email from Mime today letting me know that it has been shipped and should arrive shortly. My wife will soon enjoy the protector.
1st February 2013, 09:42 PM   |  #12  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 11
 
135 posts
Join Date:Joined: Apr 2012
Re: Mime glass screen protectors
Quote:
Originally Posted by M2Iceman

The purple protector is actually a static cleaner. You use it after using the cleaner to take off any lint or scrap that might be on the screen just before adding the glass screen so its clean and no items. My second one is taking a bit longer to get but received en email from Mime today letting me know that it has been shipped and should arrive shortly. My wife will soon enjoy the protector.

Just to clarify, I meant I might try to cancel the other company's product that I had ordered (which I think was a pre-order).

Here's the correct link by the way:

http://www.itskins.com/product/tempe...ml?pb=71&pc=20

Sent from my SGH-T889 using xda app-developers app
Last edited by Afishl1; 2nd February 2013 at 06:36 AM.
1st February 2013, 10:06 PM   |  #13  
kms108's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 856
 
4,790 posts
Join Date:Joined: Sep 2007
Quote:
Originally Posted by M2Iceman

No I didn't buy the home button. It's a bit recessed but it's not bad and I don't have any problems with turning on the phone. So fast no loss in touch sensitivity, I love this protector. I wanted a protector like this for a long time and now that it is I'm happy. A lot of smudges but a quick wipe and clear as anything.
I ordered another one for my wife and it seems the order is delayed. I haven't heard anything from the company but my last order took 4 days to get to me.

Sent from my SPH-L900 using xda premium

Hi

Is this what it looks like, this is the one I have and I'm like you very happy with it.

If you want me to remove this post just let me know, since it's not actually the mime protector.



This is what it looks like on my phone.












Last edited by kms108; 1st February 2013 at 10:11 PM.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to kms108 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
2nd February 2013, 12:18 PM   |  #14  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 29
 
149 posts
Join Date:Joined: Sep 2007
Quote:
Originally Posted by kms108

Hi

Is this what it looks like, this is the one I have and I'm like you very happy with it.

If you want me to remove this post just let me know, since it's not actually the mime protector.



This is what it looks like on my phone.












Yeah, saw your post in another thread and yes thats exactly what it looks like. Im wondering if companies are getting them from one source and selling them as thier own. Anyone wanting to see what it looks like this is what it looks like.
The Following User Says Thank You to M2Iceman For This Useful Post: [ View ]
2nd February 2013, 12:35 PM   |  #15  
kms108's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 856
 
4,790 posts
Join Date:Joined: Sep 2007
Quote:
Originally Posted by M2Iceman

Yeah, saw your post in another thread and yes thats exactly what it looks like. Im wondering if companies are getting them from one source and selling them as thier own. Anyone wanting to see what it looks like this is what it looks like.

Thats what i'm thinking of, if this is true, then this one I have is telling the truth, at least is stated korean design and made in china, whiles the mime say it's made in the USA.

I actually ordered a spare one and received it, when I posted this in another thread, and during the installation there was a bubble that will not go away, even when I removed this protector a few time, I though it was a uneven glass, and suddenly it turned into a like a oily patch like rainbow effect, and thought it was just my sample, well just last week, it gone away, so now I have a spare one.

Don't get me wrong my spare one is not for sale, so please don't PM me.

I'm really happy with this and at a price i paid, can't really fault it, and a highly recommended product, whether it's my chinese version or the mime branded version.

---------- Post added at 11:35 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:33 AM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by M2Iceman

Yeah, saw your post in another thread and yes thats exactly what it looks like. Im wondering if companies are getting them from one source and selling them as thier own. Anyone wanting to see what it looks like this is what it looks like.

You should get yourself a aluminum home button, it's a perfect match.
2nd February 2013, 03:38 PM   |  #16  
nnay's Avatar
Member
Flag Paris
Thanks Meter: 16
 
92 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jun 2010
More
Re: Mime glass screen protectors
@kms108 can you give a link for your protector?

Sent from my GT-N7100 using xda premium
2nd February 2013, 03:41 PM   |  #17  
kms108's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 856
 
4,790 posts
Join Date:Joined: Sep 2007
Quote:
Originally Posted by nnay

@kms108 can you give a link for your protector?

Sent from my GT-N7100 using xda premium

I can give you the link, but they don't ship outside china, hong kong and singapore.

but you can use www.yoybuy.com to buy it, but at extra cost.

just let me know and i'll post the link.
The Following User Says Thank You to kms108 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
4th February 2013, 05:49 AM   |  #18  
Member
Thanks Meter: 18
 
91 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jan 2007
Re: Mime glass screen protectors
I received my glass screen protector from mime. I have two issues. One on the top and botton corners on the left side does not adhere on the corner edges and the second issue is that I have these very small like bubbles in random places that I can get out. I have applied and re applied and still get them in random places. Anyway besides that the screen seems to been good quality.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using xda app-developers app
4th February 2013, 12:36 PM   |  #19  
kms108's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 856
 
4,790 posts
Join Date:Joined: Sep 2007
Quote:
Originally Posted by xfaega

I received my glass screen protector from mime. I have two issues. One on the top and botton corners on the left side does not adhere on the corner edges and the second issue is that I have these very small like bubbles in random places that I can get out. I have applied and re applied and still get them in random places. Anyway besides that the screen seems to been good quality.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using xda app-developers app

read my post 15.
4th February 2013, 06:45 PM   |  #20  
qmel777's Avatar
Member
Flag Providence
Thanks Meter: 9
 
43 posts
Join Date:Joined: Oct 2010
More
I was wondering about this one and its s-pen responsiveness.

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes