Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,740,095 Members 40,864 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Kindle fire root for 10.2.6

Tip us?
 
patel989
Old
#1  
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 10
Posts: 20
Join Date: Jul 2005
Default Kindle fire root for 10.2.6

THANKS TO JORDAN011 FOR SOME OF THIS INFO. i tried the origional post but got confused with some of the bits esspeciaolly as i didnt find mention of installing Java which was a big stumbling block so i did more tial and error and research and Rooted my Kindle - heres what i did with links: hope it helps (sorry pics didnt come out and niether did the highlighted instructions but short of time and have to popout -- follow it word for word and it will definately work


1. Turn your Kindle Fire on and swipe down the top bar and tap on More+
2. Goto device and turn on the “allow installation of applications” button (ontop of the reset factory defaults)
3. Go back and then goto Security and turn on the “enable ADB” button
4. On your PC Figure out if you have 32 bit or 64 bit windows running and download the correct versions of java and android sdk below:
5. Download and install Java se7u11 the JDK file. From http://www.oracle.com/technetwork/ja...s-1880260.html. This is needed for the android SDK to work (otherwise ADB wont work). You may have to register and reboot
6. Download android SDK then extract the folder to your desktop and install the (green icon). download from https://developer.android.com/sdk/index.html
7. If you have installed java and the android sdk – you should get the following screen:


8. If SDK manager asks you to install any missing packages (button on bottom right corner) then install them/accept and install
9. Download then extract to desktop and install the Kindle fire ADB Drivers (don’t worry if there’s an error message – Just install Anyway as its an unsigned file. Download from http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1893838
10. Open up device manager ie start/control panel/hardware and sound/devices and printers/device manager
11. Turn on your kindle and plug it into the PC
12. Your kindle should be recognised in device manager as Andriod composite adb interface.

13. Download Bin4rysroot from here http://uploaded.net/file/0fpyh5c5
14. download Quemu root from here http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1893838
15. Extract both the above files to your C Drive into two new folders and rename the folders Qemu (for quemuroot contents) and Root (forbin4ryroot contents)
16. THE ROOTING PART NOW!!
17. On the Pc goto Start and type in CMD then right click on the CMD icon at the top of the window and select “Run as Administrator” and hit yes if the User Account Control window pops up and a dos window will appear
18. Copy and past (or type this into the window) cd ..\..\Root then hit enter
19. Copy and past (or type this into the window) runme.bat then hit enter
20. When the screen shows an interface, type 1 then hit enter, A lot of errors will show up but that's fine
21. When your kindle shows a "Restore" screen hit restore my data your kindle will restore and reboot (may take some time be patient!)
22. After it finishes out you should get a command line on the pc saying “press any key to continue” when you do that you will see C:|\Root>
23. Copy and past (or type this into the window) cd ..\Qemu then hit enter
24. Copy and past (or type this into the window) rootqemu.bat then hit enter
25. When you get another interface type 1, then hit enter, press enter twice until it starts the steps.
26. It'll restart your kindle a couple times make sure you don't press enter until it has booted up again whenever it prompts you to (ie wait 3 mins before pressing enter) your Now rooted – you don’t have to press any key on the pc now.
27. If you want proof, you can download Es File explorer and in the apps settings goto root settings grant it Root permissions in the settings by ticking root explorer boxe and clicking yes and grant for both
The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to patel989 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
 
baztard_jt
Old
#2  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter 0
Posts: 1
Join Date: Feb 2008
thank for sharing..wil try root my kindle fire...cheerzz
 
tuktukscotty
Old
#3  
tuktukscotty's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 56
Posts: 590
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Bridlington
Thought this was great, could finally get my mum's Kindle rooted and put Play Store on it....... Then found that it says I've reached my download limit and that I need to register and pay...

Back to the drawing board.
I'm the luckiest man alive!!, just a pity it's all bad luck!!.
 
snoopdujour
Old
#4  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter 1
Posts: 3
Join Date: Oct 2006
Quote:
Originally Posted by patel989 View Post
THANKS TO JORDAN011 FOR SOME OF THIS INFO. i tried the origional post but got confused with some of the bits esspeciaolly as i didnt find mention of installing Java which was a big stumbling block so i did more tial and error and research and Rooted my Kindle - heres what i did with links: hope it helps (sorry pics didnt come out and niether did the highlighted instructions but short of time and have to popout -- follow it word for word and it will definately work


1. Turn your Kindle Fire on and swipe down the top bar and tap on More+
2. Goto device and turn on the “allow installation of applications” button (ontop of the reset factory defaults)
3. Go back and then goto Security and turn on the “enable ADB” button
4. On your PC Figure out if you have 32 bit or 64 bit windows running and download the correct versions of java and android sdk below:
5. Download and install Java se7u11 the JDK file. From http://www.oracle.com/technetwork/ja...s-1880260.html. This is needed for the android SDK to work (otherwise ADB wont work). You may have to register and reboot
6. Download android SDK then extract the folder to your desktop and install the (green icon). download from https://developer.android.com/sdk/index.html
7. If you have installed java and the android sdk – you should get the following screen:


8. If SDK manager asks you to install any missing packages (button on bottom right corner) then install them/accept and install
9. Download then extract to desktop and install the Kindle fire ADB Drivers (don’t worry if there’s an error message – Just install Anyway as its an unsigned file. Download from http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1893838
10. Open up device manager ie start/control panel/hardware and sound/devices and printers/device manager
11. Turn on your kindle and plug it into the PC
12. Your kindle should be recognised in device manager as Andriod composite adb interface.

13. Download Bin4rysroot from here http://uploaded.net/file/0fpyh5c5
14. download Quemu root from here http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1893838
15. Extract both the above files to your C Drive into two new folders and rename the folders Qemu (for quemuroot contents) and Root (forbin4ryroot contents)
16. THE ROOTING PART NOW!!
17. On the Pc goto Start and type in CMD then right click on the CMD icon at the top of the window and select “Run as Administrator” and hit yes if the User Account Control window pops up and a dos window will appear
18. Copy and past (or type this into the window) cd ..\..\Root then hit enter
19. Copy and past (or type this into the window) runme.bat then hit enter
20. When the screen shows an interface, type 1 then hit enter, A lot of errors will show up but that's fine
21. When your kindle shows a "Restore" screen hit restore my data your kindle will restore and reboot (may take some time be patient!)
22. After it finishes out you should get a command line on the pc saying “press any key to continue” when you do that you will see C:|\Root>
23. Copy and past (or type this into the window) cd ..\Qemu then hit enter
24. Copy and past (or type this into the window) rootqemu.bat then hit enter
25. When you get another interface type 1, then hit enter, press enter twice until it starts the steps.
26. It'll restart your kindle a couple times make sure you don't press enter until it has booted up again whenever it prompts you to (ie wait 3 mins before pressing enter) your Now rooted – you don’t have to press any key on the pc now.
27. If you want proof, you can download Es File explorer and in the apps settings goto root settings grant it Root permissions in the settings by ticking root explorer boxe and clicking yes and grant for both
I get to step #2 in the script

Step 2 - Exploiting...
/system/bin/sh: cannot create /data/local.prop: Permission denied

My kindle is 10.2.6_user_2630020

What else can be done?

Thank you.
 
Wilkinsss
Old
#5  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter 2
Posts: 20
Join Date: Dec 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by snoopdujour View Post
I get to step #2 in the script

Step 2 - Exploiting...
/system/bin/sh: cannot create /data/local.prop: Permission denied

My kindle is 10.2.6_user_2630020

What else can be done?

Thank you.
This happened to me. And I googled extensively about the problem. Honestly.. the only thing to do is keep running the script.. worked for me after about 20 tries. Sorry I couldn't be of more help.
 
mindmajick
Old
#6  
mindmajick's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 2891
Posts: 3,504
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Cape Coral, FL

 
DONATE TO ME
Default Re: Kindle fire root for 10.2.6

Quote:
Originally Posted by snoopdujour View Post
I get to step #2 in the script

Step 2 - Exploiting...
/system/bin/sh: cannot create /data/local.prop: Permission denied

My kindle is 10.2.6_user_2630020

What else can be done?

Thank you.
Nothing. It's normal and doesn't mean anything. Root still works even with the error

--
Sent from my Kindle Fire 2, CM 10.1
 
snoopdujour
Old
#7  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter 1
Posts: 3
Join Date: Oct 2006
Thumbs up Rooting Kindle Fire 10.2.6

I was able to get my Kindle Fire .v2 rooted. I ran through the process again. This time going back to the beginning.

I wasn't able to get it to run, so I refreshed the files, and ran it again. It took 2 attempts to get the first script to run. I thought it didn't run, so I was searching for a reason why. Then I looked up, and the script had finished. Then it took 3 times for the second part of the script to complete.


After getting the the launcher I wanted installed (APEX failed, so did Novo and a few others) AWD worked, but I was unable to get it to be the default launcher. (the kindle launchers 'default' settings were grayed out.

I then went into /system/app and renamed Launcher.apk to Launcher Default.apk and the com.awd.launcher-1.apk to Launcher.apk.
the system didn't respond when I pressed the home key, so I took a chance and rebooted my kindle.
When it rebooted, I was asked which launcher I wanted to use, so I clicked set as default, and clicked on AWD.

All is good now. Thanks
The Following User Says Thank You to snoopdujour For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
 
blythefam5
Old
#8  
blythefam5's Avatar
Junior Member
Thanks Meter 10
Posts: 28
Join Date: Apr 2010
Default help

i keep getting a runme.bat is not recognized as a internal or external command , operable program or batch file
 
rkerrddd
Old
#9  
rkerrddd's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 17
Posts: 217
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: hadley
when i select 1 and hit enter i'm not getting the restore screen on the kindle it just says that it couldnt' push busybox and superuser and then it asks me wich superuser i want too install 1 or 2 and when i select one it just goes back too prompt. any ideas drivers are all good adb good cant figure it out
LIVE FREE OR DIE
The Following User Says Thank You to rkerrddd For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
 
regulatorc2d
Old
#10  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter 0
Posts: 1
Join Date: Aug 2013
Default hey did u ever get help with that

Quote:
Originally Posted by blythefam5 View Post
i keep getting a runme.bat is not recognized as a internal or external command , operable program or batch file
hey did u ever get help with that

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes


XDA PORTAL POSTS

Rotation Lets You Take Full Control of Your Device’s Orientation Settings

To be brutally honest, the native options for screen … more

Change the Alarm Icon in the Status Bar with Xposed

It’s hard to find a more hated object than your alarm clock. They wake us up nearly … more

Return to Outer Space Outer Space with Ship Up Game

Since the release of Flappy Birds, we’ve had the “fortune” to see … more

Device Review: OnePlus One

Seemingly every day, there are a bunch of new devices being released. Some are budget devices and some are … more