Boost the Brightness of Your Sony Xperia Z1’s LED

I think the last time anyone has ever used a physical torch to find their earphones, … more

XDA Xposed Tuesday: Modify the Look of Your Volume Control – XDA TV

How many screenshots have you seen with a volume status bar in the … more

Prepare Your Nokia X2 for Battle with Nokia X2 Tools

Unveiled in June this year, the Nokia X2 is the Finnish companys second crack at an … more

Increase the Speaker Volume of Your Samsung Gear 2 with Tool and Tutorial

I think its pretty safe to say that any sound coming out of a … more
View Poll Results: Did the help ?
OMG THANKS 4 100.00%
COOL 0 0%
@#$%^&* 0 0%
Voters: 4. You may not vote on this poll

ROOT Optimus G 2600 after OTA fix found & bootloader unlock with cwm update

2nd February 2013, 06:37 AM   |  #11  
Flag The Shangri-La Motel
Thanks Meter: 732

2,373 posts
More
THIS THREAD NEEDS MORE ATTENTION!!!!

QUICK AND EASY ALL IN ONE ROOT AND BOOTLOADER UNLOCK WITHOUT A NEED TO DOWNGRADE SOFTWARE, OR DO ANY KDZ WORK OF ANY KIND! (something I still am unsure how to do)

Thanks a TON kentek. I put off rooting this phone and unlocking the booloader because of all the software downgrading and different soft brick possibilities with OTA's and other things. This made things SUUUUUPER easy.

It almost scary how easy it was, lol. I think you should include a little bit more information in the OP however. Things like "USB debugging" must be turned on. Even instructions on how to boot the phone into recovery. Personally I use quick boot. Maybe recommend people root first, then install QuickBoot before unlocking with freegee, as an easy way to get into the CWM that freegee installs. Then you can use quickboot to get into recovery and update it to sk8ers touch recovery (the BEST recovery ive ever used across numerous devices.)

Anyway..... Thanks again kentek, and hopefully more people who were having trouble, or like me, hesitant to do anything, will see this thread and have their freedom granted as quick and easy as I did.

SWEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE EEEEEEEETTTT!!!!!!!
The Following User Says Thank You to ATRIXXIRTA For This Useful Post: [ View ]
2nd February 2013, 02:32 PM   |  #12  
OP Member
Flag Hamilton Ontario
Thanks Meter: 15

44 posts
More
ATRIXXIRTA I took your advice and did just that thank you for the props.

? Hows the weather up there still no snow here.
Last edited by kentek; 2nd February 2013 at 02:37 PM.
2nd February 2013, 04:54 PM   |  #13  

2,373 posts
More
Re: Rogers e971 Root with update work around found and bootloader unlock with cwm upd
Ahhhh. Now THATS an OP! lol.

With the explanation so thorough now, nobody should have any issues. Just the more in-depth info about how freegee works. One of the things I was trying to find out was whether or not freegee replaced your recovery. Even the video on the freegee official thread doesn't explain ANYTHING. Just shows the guy booting into recovery, with no mention of the replacement cwm touch. You've pretty much made it fool proof now!

The weather here has been ridiculous. Its +12 one day, -10 the next. Its plague weather for sure, lol. Its funny, I'm literally on my way to Niagara right now as I type this. So I'll be passing through your neighborhood in about an hour, haha. I'll check out your weather as I pass through, lol.

Sent from my LG-E971 using Tapatalk 2
2nd February 2013, 05:17 PM   |  #14  
OP Member
Flag Hamilton Ontario
Thanks Meter: 15

44 posts
More
yes freegee injects the recovery i guess if i play with freegee a bit i could replace the one it has with the update i will check it out and post if its possible.

when your on the sky-way look right that me waving lol
2nd February 2013, 05:50 PM   |  #15  

2,373 posts
More
Re: Rogers e971 Root with update work around found and bootloader unlock with cwm upd
Saw ya. Waved back! Haha. What a ****ty grey day, lol

8th February 2013, 11:32 AM   |  #16  
In the space
Thanks Meter: 2

74 posts
To the OP, I wanted to thank you for posting all the information in an easy to follow manner. I can confirm that I am now rooted even though I had applied the latest OTA update from rogers prior attempting this method. Only tricky part was getting into recovery mode.. it should be "Hold the Volume UP & power buttons at the same time."
8th February 2013, 01:48 PM   |  #17  
Flag Toronto, Ontario
Thanks Meter: 44

80 posts
More
So will using this method to root and unlock bootloader cause me to lose the OTA function?

I'm on Rogers e971 with latest OTA update. I would like root so i can get back to using Titanium, but i'm not sure if i want to sacrifice my ability to run future OTA updates.
8th February 2013, 02:59 PM   |  #18  
Thanks Meter: 434

2,066 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaMeatMan

So will using this method to root and unlock bootloader cause me to lose the OTA function?

I'm on Rogers e971 with latest OTA update. I would like root so i can get back to using Titanium, but i'm not sure if i want to sacrifice my ability to run future OTA updates.

You still gets OTA with root. You can't update only if your bootloader is unlocked.

LG Optimus G E971
8th February 2013, 09:44 PM   |  #19  
Flag toronto
Thanks Meter: 28

451 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Elisha

You still gets OTA with root. You can't update only if your bootloader is unlocked.

LG Optimus G E971

Can we relock the bootlader and accept an update if we wanted to? Assuming we were OK with the possibility that a new root method might not come
10th February 2013, 02:56 AM   |  #20  

2,373 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaMeatMan

As soon as official updates are released, there's always a flashable .zip released within a week. Hell, were flashing the official update based on the Korean version of the software AND hardware, which are both slightly different. I wouldn't worry too much about ota's, lol.

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
root unlock bootloader cwm
Previous Thread Next Thread