Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,769,208 Members 38,137 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum
View Poll Results: Did the help ?
OMG THANKS 4 100.00%
COOL 0 0%
@#$%^&* 0 0%
Voters: 4. You may not vote on this poll

ROOT Optimus G 2600 after OTA fix found & bootloader unlock with cwm update

Tip us?

holydhaliwal
Old
Thanks Meter 0
This doesn't work for me, When I run the Runme.bat I get a bunch of "the system cannot find the path specified errors". Also in the prompt it says to look at the device and press "Restore" on the phone, however no such windows pop up on my phone :S.

And when I run the Root.bat I get a bunch of "'adb' is not recognized as an internal or external command,
operable program or batch file." errors. So nothing seems to be working here for me. I am using the latest firmware (e), any ideas?

kentek
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by holydhaliwal View Post
This doesn't work for me, When I run the Runme.bat I get a bunch of "the system cannot find the path specified errors". Also in the prompt it says to look at the device and press "Restore" on the phone, however no such windows pop up on my phone :S.

And when I run the Root.bat I get a bunch of "'adb' is not recognized as an internal or external command,
operable program or batch file." errors. So nothing seems to be working here for me. I am using the latest firmware (e), any ideas?

reinstall your lg drivers make sure adb is enabled on your phone

htc0101
Old
Thanks Meter 15
Not working for me either gets stuck after I hit restore. can I use the adb method in the ``original optimus g`` forum

I have the rogers version

holydhaliwal
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by kentek View Post
reinstall your lg drivers make sure adb is enabled on your phone
By making sure adb is enabled on my phone do you mean make sure USB debugging is enabled? Because it is. I'll try reinstalling the USB drivers. Also what mode am I supposed to put the phone into when its plugged in? It gives me options like "charge only" or "media sync" and I'm not sure which one to choose.

htc0101
Old
(Last edited by htc0101; 17th February 2013 at 05:12 AM.)
Thanks Meter 15
My phone has the e971-10e version do I need to downgrade?
Downloading e971-10d as I type this, 2hrs left on the DL...
Not as bad as using hex edit to make gold cards I guess....lol

Edit: Well 2hrs later and a firmware downgrade later, yes everything worked perfectly. This did not work for me on E971-10e I had to downgrade! I tried every trick in the book (I've been doing this since the htc magic came out) and I could not get it to work without downgrading.

kentek
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by htc0101 View Post
My phone has the e971-10e version do I need to downgrade?
Downloading e971-10d as I type this, 2hrs left on the DL...
Not as bad as using hex edit to make gold cards I guess....lol

Edit: Well 2hrs later and a firmware downgrade later, yes everything worked perfectly. This did not work for me on E971-10e I had to downgrade! I tried every trick in the book (I've been doing this since the htc magic came out) and I could not get it to work without downgrading.
Sorry it didn't go as planned

htc0101
Old
Thanks Meter 15
Default Re: ROOT Optimus G2600 after OTA work around found + bootloader unlock with cwm updat

Hey man not your fault. Just wanted to let people know they "may" need to downgrade to root. And it was a little frustrating not being able to easily find the info I needed. All good now.

Thanks for putting this together. It helped a lot.

Sent from my LG-E973 using xda premium

Ezzaam4Futbol
Old
Thanks Meter 1
the E97110E doesn't seem to let my JB 4.1.2 boot but the E97110C(not listed here) works. With that one, i cant install cwm and it seems it corrupts my boot... Any idea???

kentek
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ezzaam4Futbol View Post
the E97110E doesn't seem to let my JB 4.1.2 boot but the E97110C(not listed here) works. With that one, i cant install cwm and it seems it corrupts my boot... Any idea???
Factory reset will fix it

kentek
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 15
power and vol down then power when the factory reset shows hit power 2 times

Tags
root unlock bootloader cwm