knew it punk! 0 0%
Voters: 14. You may not vote on this poll

7.8 official update for LG E900 (optimus 7) Available through rce update

Tip us?

geoana20
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 19
Talking 7.8 official update for LG E900 (optimus 7) Available through rce update

I just updated my LG optimus 7 to 7.8 a few sec ago. here are the pictures to prove it and of course the link on how to do it (i cant post the link so just copy it in to your browser). So, after all, seems like all WP7 devices are getting this update!

The link for HOW TO...

wpcentral.com/forcing-windows-phone-78-update-camera-button-not-required-patience
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	WP_20130131_002.jpg
Views:	2633
Size:	255.5 KB
ID:	1691562   Click image for larger version

Name:	WP_20130131_003.jpg
Views:	1920
Size:	168.3 KB
ID:	1691563   Click image for larger version

Name:	WP_20130131_004.jpg
Views:	1868
Size:	173.4 KB
ID:	1691564   Click image for larger version

Name:	WP_20130131_006.jpg
Views:	2296
Size:	125.5 KB
ID:	1691565  
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to geoana20 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

kevyn82
Old
Thanks Meter 8
I got it without forcing it.. lucky me!?

But yes, definitely it's official!
always up-to-date

asbesto
Old
Thanks Meter 9
Quote:
Originally Posted by geoana20 View Post
I just updated my LG optimus 7 to 7.8 a few sec ago. here are the pictures to prove it and of course the link on how to do it (i cant post the link so just copy it in to your browser). So, after all, seems like all WP7 devices are getting this update!

The link for HOW TO...

wpcentral.com/forcing-windows-phone-78-update-camera-button-not-required-patience
GREAT! how about the MFG menu? can we still unlock the phone via the mfg? after 7.8 does it relock?

slipknot28
Old
Thanks Meter 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by asbesto View Post
GREAT! how about the MFG menu? can we still unlock the phone via the mfg? after 7.8 does it relock?
The phone can be unlocked after update. MFG still works.

vicious6969
Old
Thanks Meter 5
Unhappy Can't get my phone to update

Hi,

Thanks for the tips, however I can't get my LG Optimus E900 to update.

I have tried the force update method and also the manual cab method but the manual cab method backs up the phone and installs the cabs, then fails with an error saying no applicable package...

Any further ideas on how I can update my device? It's a European LG Optimus E900 model if that makes any difference.

Thanks

oustas
Old
Thanks Meter 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by vicious6969 View Post
Hi,

Thanks for the tips, however I can't get my LG Optimus E900 to update.

I have tried the force update method and also the manual cab method but the manual cab method backs up the phone and installs the cabs, then fails with an error saying no applicable package...

Any further ideas on how I can update my device? It's a European LG Optimus E900 model if that makes any difference.

Thanks
I have a European Optimus and i forced the update.Just follow the steps provided in the link.

vicious6969
Old
Thanks Meter 5
Hi, thanks however I have tried the force update method several times as well as ensuring all the cabs are in as per the manual update instructions including ensuring the right language packs are there but still get exactly the same error as before.. no applicable packages... guess I'll have to give up for the time being and try again in a couple of weeks or so...

djassa1
Old
(Last edited by djassa1; 2nd February 2013 at 02:09 AM.)
Thanks Meter 1
E900H: Update went smoothly, even if I had to use the disconnect trick (force update). I had an Internet sharing option form another ROM, and it was not removed for the simple reason that when you use an other carrier ROM, it's this one that's get updated, leaving all the functions and features like they were before.

Unlock is removed by the way but seems that you can get it back with MFG.

I hope also that SIP (VOIP) is now available with 7.8 because it's what I am really missing from IOS or Android!

minep
Old
Thanks Meter 23
Angry What has 80072FA8 error or just no update found!

On this time I tried a long time update with disconnect trick. But... no updates.
NOW... from FIRST time update was found!

Solution:
yeah... first of all good things happen to UK. So we will use UK proxy.
Go to Settings - mobile network , then edit apn. In "APN, Username, Password" I typed my provider settings. In "Proxy server/URL" type 109.169.40.229 and in "Proxy port" type 8080. Here Done.
Next step: in computer STILL connected internet, in phone wifi is disconnected.
And last step: in Zune click update. Waiting about ~2 minutes, because proxy is very slow.
Result:

Thanks for UK proxy
app: Lost Alarm

robbie2k
Old
(Last edited by robbie2k; 2nd February 2013 at 07:04 PM.)
Thanks Meter 14
Got it! from Colombia with a euro open optimus7.
Tried starting from 2 second of wait between push "update" and disconnecting internet, incrementing by half seconds every step, I got it at the 6th attempt, with 4,5 seconds between click "update" and disconnect internet (I disconnected from internet pulling out the power plug of the ethernet hub connected to my computer)

Good luck to everybody, I go to enjoy my new WP7.8! ..and to update my sign

Edit: I got 3 updates, the first, left the phone still with WP7.5, the second too, the third effectively updated the phone to WP7.8, the right update have this build number:
Zopo ZP990 Rooted Searching for a 4.4 ROM
Asus TF-101 CM10 RaymanFX/Gierdo V7 + Tim Kernel 70 Lidpatch - working stable @ 1504Mhz (Timduru's Katkiss 4.3.1 coming up)
Asus TF-300 Factory locked yet
Cube U35GT2 Rooted (Searching for a 4.4 ROM)
Zopo P980+ 32Gb Octa-Core@1.7Ghz Rooted (Waiting for a 4.4 ROM)