Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,741,857 Members 44,844 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

New OTA ROM - T999UVDLJC

Tip us?

allenjthomsen
Old
(Last edited by allenjthomsen; 31st January 2013 at 11:24 AM.)
Thanks Meter 1179

DONATE TO ME
Default Re: New OTA ROM - T999UVDLJC

Already mading a deodexed rom and will be uploading soon

Sent from my SGH-T999 using xda premium
The Following User Says Thank You to allenjthomsen For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

techfired
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by allenjthomsen View Post
Did you guys factory data reset afterwards to see if the android version changed

The email from T-Mobile also says its 4.1.1:

"Beginning January 31, the Samsung Galaxy S III will have an optional software update to Android version 4.1.1/ Baseband version T999UVDLJC via Over The Air (OTA) and Samsung Kies."

Jose0726
Old
(Last edited by Jose0726; 31st January 2013 at 02:39 PM.)
Thanks Meter 292

Who knows it could be and update to prevent network unlocking since that new law is around the corner o_O lol im not even going to bother flashing this until I see a changelog just to be sure xD

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Jose0726 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

rhay
Old
Thanks Meter 5
Sammobile updated their Firmware to 4.1.1. It was 4.1.2 early this morning.
Carrier: T-Mobile
Phone: Samsung Galaxy S3

slowjazz
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jose0726 View Post
Who knows it could be and update to prevent network unlocking since that new law is around the corner o_O lol im not even going to bother flashing this until I see a changelog just to be sure xD

the baseband version # changed. I checked around and found that LTE is no longer showing in the phones network mode menu. (it showed up when we did the 4.1.1 jb install) It is now back to gsm/wcdma, gsm only and wcdma only.

DigitalUnderground
Old
Thanks Meter 2258

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jose0726 View Post

This is my thoughts too... I'm not flashing it... Or any update for that matter as 4.2.1 is working beautifully on my phone with rootbox

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk 2

revwillie
Old
(Last edited by revwillie; 31st January 2013 at 03:50 PM.)
Thanks Meter 24
I let the update run and reboot. Since it was small I assumed it was to fix that bricking problem I read about a month or so ago. I'm still on stock JB non-rooted until someone makes a ROM with reliable wifi calling.

PS: Bluetooth A2DP still sounds like garbage on my motorola headsets. The crackling is so bad on my S305, that if the headset is at the other end of the room from you, it sounds like someone is opening a bag of chips.
"Grumpy Bear"

G1: Colorized Xtra CM 6.1 (tnpapadakos) with that new radio

G2: PureKAT

White GSIII T999 32GB: S3Rx 3.0

josediaz1
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Default How to disable "phone modified" message from this update?

Recieved the update today as well. Thinkng it was 4.1.2 so I went ahead and updated it. Well unfortunately the update seems to be a "security improvement" for rootes and flashed devices. (Maybe to prevent th from getting 4.1.2, not sure).. Here's the problem I went to check for update and that annoying pop up that my device is modified came up.. so I opened up Triangle Away and reset the flash count to zero and click on"system modified workaround", rebooted amd nothing. Device status still shows as modified. I was always able to get it to say to normal using triangle away. This new update prevents it. Any help? Thanks

DigitalUnderground
Old
Thanks Meter 2258

Quote:
Originally Posted by josediaz1 View Post
Recieved the update today as well. Thinkng it was 4.1.2 so I went ahead and updated it. Well unfortunately the update seems to be a "security improvement" for rootes and flashed devices. (Maybe to prevent th from getting 4.1.2, not sure).. Here's the problem I went to check for update and that annoying pop up that my device is modified came up.. so I opened up Triangle Away and reset the flash count to zero and click on"system modified workaround", rebooted amd nothing. Device status still shows as modified. I was always able to get it to say to normal using triangle away. This new update prevents it. Any help? Thanks
You have to be 100% stock (ROM, kernel, and recovery) in order to flash ota updates

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk 2
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to DigitalUnderground For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Woody
Old
Moderator & RC/RT Committees - Particle Physics Gives me a Hadron
Thanks Meter 8671
Yep ^^^ But also need to be unRooted as well.

You can use OTA Rootkeeper from Supercurio and preserve root that way. Save SU, temp unroot, take OTA, reboot, open OTArk and restore root. That is as long as you have what he said above in place as well.
<a href=http://www.whiskey103.nl/x/sigs/Woody6_15fps.gif target=_blank rel=nofollow >http://www.whiskey103.nl/x/sigs/Woody6_15fps.gif</a>
ZFFZ

I GPL I

"The work of men of genius, however wrongly directed, hardly ever fails to open the eyes of men to new possibilities."
- Dr. Victor Frankenstein (Mary Shelley)

The Following User Says Thank You to Woody For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]