Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,730,490 Members 40,996 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

New OTA ROM - T999UVDLJC

Tip us?

josediaz1
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Default system 'modified'

Not necessary. The only reason why you need to be on stock rom is because samsung checks the status of your phone for warranty purposes. You don't, however, need to be on stock if you hack this "security check" by using Triangle Away which makes the devce status to "normal" even if your device is rooted and what not. How else would have I recieved the OTA update if my device is rooted and flashed with cwmod recovery..

Naaser
Old
Thanks Meter 106
Default Re: New OTA ROM - T999UVDLJC

I got it.. Is not a big update just 4m! Wating for more details

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk 2

josediaz1
Old
(Last edited by josediaz1; 31st January 2013 at 05:02 PM.)
Thanks Meter 0
Null

---------- Post added at 11:17 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:55 AM ----------

You don't need to be unrooted to update. The only reason why you need to be on stock rom is because samsung checks the status of your phone for warranty purposes. You don't, however, need to be on stock if you hack this (thanks to Triangle Away). Just make sure your dwvice tricks samsung device stutus to "normal". I didn't even lose my root or cwmod recovery... my problen now is that the update brought a "security improvement". Now triangle away doesn't seem to be working of this update.

TheLastSidekick
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 1913

DONATE TO ME
Default Re: New OTA ROM - T999UVDLJC

Thanks for the helpful post. It doesn't look like this update will be too much of a game changer for most of us though.

Sent from my SGH-T999 using xda app-developers app
Proud owner of LG Google Nexus 5.

tamasrepus
Old
Thanks Meter 20
Quote:
Originally Posted by josediaz1 View Post
Not necessary. The only reason why you need to be on stock rom is because samsung checks the status of your phone for warranty purposes. You don't, however, need to be on stock if you hack this "security check" by using Triangle Away which makes the devce status to "normal" even if your device is rooted and what not. How else would have I recieved the OTA update if my device is rooted and flashed with cwmod recovery..
To be a bit more explicitů install TriangleAway, enable the "Allow tracker to run" option, reboot, and try to download the update again. It won't claim the device has been modified.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to tamasrepus For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

metalfingers_
Old
Thanks Meter 7
The rumor that I have heard is that this update re-enables IPv6 functionality in the baseband/RIL. I'm unsure of what other changes it may include.

Of course, I'm still unable to post links because of the anti-spam policy. Google "T999UVDLJC IPv6", first result.

M9x3mos
Old
Thanks Meter 27
oh wait so triangle away won't work anymore?
SG4 - 4.4.2 Insane or WarpDrive rom MDL bootloader
SG3 - 4.3 TW rooted
HTC One S arround in a drawer somewhere for backup

rhay
Old
Thanks Meter 5
Over the air (OTA) update to T999UVDLJC: OTA push update is available as of 1/31/2013. Please wait for the notification to update. The OTA will continue to be delivered until Marth 8. The update is also available for manual update using Kies.

Does this mean they will update the S3 to 4.1.2 on March? This is ridiculous.
Carrier: T-Mobile
Phone: Samsung Galaxy S3

slowjazz
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by metalfingers_ View Post
The rumor that I have heard is that this update re-enables IPv6 functionality in the baseband/RIL. I'm unsure of what other changes it may include.

Of course, I'm still unable to post links because of the anti-spam policy. Google "T999UVDLJC IPv6", first result.
Not sure about ip6, but I do know that LTE is now gone from the network settings. I also know there were alot of problem with the phone loosing cell towers when it sleeps. I'm wondering if dropping LTE fixes that problem.

Jose0726
Old
Thanks Meter 289
Sooo....how to root new update lol ive never rooted my self just flash pre rooted builds