Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required
Post Reply

3 'New' cool apps

OP adelancker

15th March 2013, 07:17 PM   |  #1  
adelancker's Avatar
OP Senior Member
Antwerp
Thanks Meter: 162
 
535 posts
Join Date:Joined: May 2012
Hey guys,

I just wanted to inform you about two apps I found recently that appear to boost performance and battery life a bit.

The one that boosts performance is a better and more efficient version of Seeder. It's called SeFix and (as opposed to Seeder) really does seem to work!

The second (the battery booster) is actually way more versatile:
It's called Greenify and it lets you disable apps to run in the background.
Eg. I set it to decline the Google Maps request to run in the background all the time; because as we all know, Maps often sucks somewhere near 7% of the battery.
(However, it needed me to root uninstall it and then install it from the play store, so it wasn't a system app anymore)

Anyway: I hope this helped and that it makes your device nicer to use (like it did for me)

Last but not least: as you are probably aware: Orange Backup is a backup app that lets you do complete (CWM or TWRP style backups) without having to go into the recovery!

Really awesome.
Last edited by adelancker; 15th March 2013 at 07:38 PM.
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to adelancker For This Useful Post: [ View ]
15th March 2013, 08:08 PM   |  #2  
adelancker's Avatar
OP Senior Member
Antwerp
Thanks Meter: 162
 
535 posts
Join Date:Joined: May 2012
I guess you could use it for Facebook too, to keep it from running in the background all the time.
Or... You could also *not* use Facebook and switch to cooler social media, such as Google+
16th March 2013, 05:26 PM   |  #3  
Member
Flag Ottawa, ON
Thanks Meter: 9
 
66 posts
Join Date:Joined: Mar 2011
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by adelancker

Hey guys,

I just wanted to inform you about two apps I found recently that appear to boost performance and battery life a bit.

The one that boosts performance is a better and more efficient version of Seeder. It's called SeFix and (as opposed to Seeder) really does seem to work!

The second (the battery booster) is actually way more versatile:
It's called Greenify and it lets you disable apps to run in the background.
Eg. I set it to decline the Google Maps request to run in the background all the time; because as we all know, Maps often sucks somewhere near 7% of the battery.
(However, it needed me to root uninstall it and then install it from the play store, so it wasn't a system app anymore)

Anyway: I hope this helped and that it makes your device nicer to use (like it did for me)

Last but not least: as you are probably aware: Orange Backup is a backup app that lets you do complete (CWM or TWRP style backups) without having to go into the recovery!

Really awesome.

Greenify looks the app I have been looking for. Maps constantly runs in the background (not on my tf700 but on HTC One S). I am trying this app to see if it works. Thanks for sharing!
18th March 2013, 10:24 AM   |  #4  
adelancker's Avatar
OP Senior Member
Antwerp
Thanks Meter: 162
 
535 posts
Join Date:Joined: May 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by new_convert

Greenify looks the app I have been looking for. Maps constantly runs in the background (not on my tf700 but on HTC One S). I am trying this app to see if it works. Thanks for sharing!

You might have to root uninstall it and then reinstall it from the Play Store (to get rid of the 'system app' issue).

It worked for me

Definitely some better battery life after stopping those battery hungry apps
18th March 2013, 04:24 PM   |  #5  
robertolices's Avatar
Junior Member
Flag Rome
Thanks Meter: 1
 
20 posts
Join Date:Joined: Dec 2010
More
thank you, i will try them...
20th March 2013, 07:49 AM   |  #6  
buhohitr's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 1,628
 
5,449 posts
Join Date:Joined: Nov 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by adelancker

I guess you could use it for Facebook too, to keep it from running in the background all the time.
Or... You could also *not* use Facebook and switch to cooler social media, such as Google+

I'm trying to use Orange backup with twrp but received error "expr: applet not found" , do you have any idea???
20th March 2013, 10:21 AM   |  #7  
adelancker's Avatar
OP Senior Member
Antwerp
Thanks Meter: 162
 
535 posts
Join Date:Joined: May 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by buhohitr

I'm trying to use Orange backup with twrp but received error "expr: applet not found" , do you have any idea???

Never happened to me.
Are you using data2sd?
Maybe it's confused because of the switch?

I can only say that it works like a treat for me and that it makes these backups quite fast considering that it doesn't need to boot into recovery.

Have you tried contacting the developer? He's called snoopy333 and is to be found in the original thread. Maybe he can tell you what's going on?
The Following User Says Thank You to adelancker For This Useful Post: [ View ]
20th March 2013, 04:00 PM   |  #8  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 17
 
368 posts
Join Date:Joined: Feb 2011
Thank you for sharing the existence of greenify.
EXCELLENT

How do I block the playstore?

Titanium Backup does not turn me or makes user application and remains in system application.

thanks
20th March 2013, 07:11 PM   |  #9  
adelancker's Avatar
OP Senior Member
Antwerp
Thanks Meter: 162
 
535 posts
Join Date:Joined: May 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by MarkAndroid

Thank you for sharing the existence of greenify.
EXCELLENT

How do I block the playstore?

Titanium Backup does not turn me or makes user application and remains in system application.

thanks

I have never tried doing that with the PlayStore.
maybe you could try SystemTuner or another app?
I am not an expert in these things lol
The Following User Says Thank You to adelancker For This Useful Post: [ View ]
20th March 2013, 07:18 PM   |  #10  
buhohitr's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 1,628
 
5,449 posts
Join Date:Joined: Nov 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by adelancker

Never happened to me.
Are you using data2sd?
Maybe it's confused because of the switch?

I can only say that it works like a treat for me and that it makes these backups quite fast considering that it doesn't need to boot into recovery.

Have you tried contacting the developer? He's called snoopy333 and is to be found in the original thread. Maybe he can tell you what's going on?

No data2sd, I installed it, went well, config backup desitnation folder which is on my sdcard or microsdcard (tried both). Did you use cloud instead of internal storage? I uninstalled/reinstalled still same issue, WTF! This app seems very well done.

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes