Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,804,641 Members 43,929 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Updated] Kindle fire hd 8.9 tweaks

Tip us?
 
persano
Old
(Last edited by persano; 10th March 2013 at 06:47 PM.)
#1  
persano's Avatar
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 256
Posts: 1,570
Join Date: Nov 2012
Default [Updated] Kindle fire hd 8.9 tweaks

Moved to http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...php?p=37141532


Help a Good Cause http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2666458 Help us releasing the kernel
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to persano For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
 
timnan
Old
#2  
Member
Thanks Meter 7
Posts: 76
Join Date: Aug 2008
Thanks but can you tell us what the benefit is from this tweek?


Quote:
Originally Posted by persano View Post
PERSANO´S TWEAKS FOR KINDLE FIRE HD 8.9

This post will be updated gradually

YOU NEED A ROOTED DEVICE
AND LATEST BUSYBOX INSTALLED

dont use supercharged v6 or other script or tweak, if you want me to add a tweak to this tell me and i will see if it is compatible

I made this post to show you my ultimate script pack that i make with different tweaks. specially thanks to ryuinfierno who make easy for to have init.d scripts in stock rom for all devices and thanks to LENAROX who made the engine (exellent and one of the best mods)

Delete supercharged v6 and all other tweaks before installing , i wont use v6 because mp9engine work better without it, mp9engine will speed your kindle and make it smoother, it will improve a bit the baterry life and improve a lot perfomance, gta 3 is as smooth as ps2 or more

INSTALL THE LATEST BUSYBOX 1.20.2

THIS ISNT FLASHABLE, you have to do it manually.

1. The first thing you will need to do is to enable init.d scripts in stock rom (thanks ryuinfierno) download this zip and extract, then run the script and do the following

http://db.tt/SzmIVvX6 install init.d in all devices

Install -recovery.sh in Etc folder in /system/etc delete the existing one and paste this
Runparts in Xbin folder in /system/xbin

Set permission
Install-recovery.sh rwxr-xr-x
Runparts rwxr-xr-x

Or you can download pimp my rom from here and use it to enable init.d scripts

https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...de.pimp.my.rom Pimp My Rom App

2. After enabling init.d scripts in stock rom, download the file that correspond to your software version.

3. paste all in their folders
/system/etc/init.d for init.d tweaks in init.d folder
/system for mpengine folder
/system for build.prop, delete the old one and paste the new one that correspond to your version

4. Now set permission
Dont set permission to mpengine folder or any file in it or it wont work.
Set rwxrwxrwx permission t to init.d scripts.
set rw-r----- permission to build.prop.

5. Before rebooting check that all have the correct permission and all is in place.

Thanks for using my tweaks

Sent From My Super Modded KFHD

http://db.tt/rAtz4WrA version 8.1.4
 
persano
Old
#3  
persano's Avatar
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 256
Posts: 1,570
Join Date: Nov 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by timnan View Post
Thanks but can you tell us what the benefit is from this tweek?
better multitasking, faster device, no more lag, best signal, snappier ur, no aggresive battery drain, auto cleaner and better gaming. make your device perfect! this tweaks can be used in all devices but i modified them for make them faster in kindle devices, this tweak pack was created by me but use a tweak from lenarox that is mp9enginex that is one of the best tweaks created, this is better than supercharged or any other tweak, i test all existing tweaks and this will give you the best and drain less battery
The Following User Says Thank You to persano For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
 
timnan
Old
#4  
Member
Thanks Meter 7
Posts: 76
Join Date: Aug 2008
Nice. I will give it a try tonight.

Quote:
Originally Posted by persano View Post
better multitasking, faster device, no more lag, best signal, snappier ur, no aggresive battery drain, auto cleaner and better gaming. make your device perfect! this tweaks can be used in all devices but i modified them for make them faster in kindle devices, this tweak pack was created by me but use a tweak from lenarox that is mp9enginex that is one of the best tweaks created, this is better than supercharged or any other tweak, i test all existing tweaks and this will give you the best and drain less battery
 
persano
Old
#5  
persano's Avatar
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 256
Posts: 1,570
Join Date: Nov 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by timnan View Post
Nice. I will give it a try tonight.
if you want more perfomance or is slow tell me.
 
persano
Old
#6  
persano's Avatar
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 256
Posts: 1,570
Join Date: Nov 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by timnan View Post
Nice. I will give it a try tonight.
worked?
 
timnan
Old
(Last edited by timnan; 1st February 2013 at 01:42 AM.)
#7  
Member
Thanks Meter 7
Posts: 76
Join Date: Aug 2008
Default Re: Kindle fire hd 8.9 tweaks

Pimp is easy and it tells me success init.d supported.
Boot animation is gone after tweak although still image of Kindle Fire shows up, scare me.
Antutu goes down from 9989 to 9229.
I am using Apex launcher I still feel lag but not sure whether improve a little bit.



Quote:
Originally Posted by persano View Post
worked?


Sent from my KFJWI using Tapatalk 2
 
persano
Old
(Last edited by persano; 1st February 2013 at 02:26 AM.)
#8  
persano's Avatar
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 256
Posts: 1,570
Join Date: Nov 2012
Default Re: Kindle fire hd 8.9 tweaks

Quote:
Originally Posted by timnan View Post
Pimp is easy and it tells me success init.d supported.
Boot animation is gone after tweak although still image of Kindle Fire shows up, scare me.
Antutu goes down from 9989 to 9229.
I am using Apex launcher I still feel lag but not sure whether improve a little bit.







Sent from my KFJWI using Tapatalk 2
But, do you set fine the permission of the init.d tweaks, this have to give you a best perfomance, score sometimes lie, a kindle fire hd 7" user had the same"problem" he says it run smoother but it isnt slow, it decreased score because my z tweaks have interactive governors in both cores, this may give all less score but, is better battery saving that performance, change interactive words for performance in ztweaks and use antutu and you will have an higher score, this isnt a score tweaks, this is an overall tweak. Tweaks thinks that you dont see like better mount system or read sd. It is more smoother? Interactive governor give less score but is the more battery friendly in the amazon os. This tweaks are for make kindle a better device. Change this lines in ztweak file in init.d folder

echo "interactive" > /sys/devices/system/cpu/cpu0/cpufreq/scaling_governor

echo "interactive" > /sys/devices/system/cpu/cpu1/cpufreq/scaling_governor

To

echo "performance" > /sys/devices/system/cpu/cpu0/cpufreq/scaling_governor

echo "performance" > /sys/devices/system/cpu/cpu1/cpufreq/scaling_governor

And run antutu, for daily use change it back to interactive, performance drains the battery too fast. Performance is a governor for make test.

Later, i will upload a updatedversion of my tweaks for kindle fire 8.9, i dont have a 8.9, i have a kindle fire hd 7", this tweaks are for all devices, but improve device a lot.

Use nova launcher than is better

Sent From My Super Modded KFHD


Help a Good Cause http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2666458 Help us releasing the kernel
 
timnan
Old
(Last edited by timnan; 1st February 2013 at 04:03 AM.)
#9  
Member
Thanks Meter 7
Posts: 76
Join Date: Aug 2008
Default Re: Kindle fire hd 8.9 tweaks

After using it for a while , I think this tweak makes it faster than before while it is not as fast as original android.

Another thing is that this device is not as hot as it does before tweak especially during charging make it really good benefit for me to use it.

About permission:
1. all files under /system/etc/init.d are set as rwxrwxrwx, folder init.d is set as rwxrwxrwx as well.
2. /system/build.prop is rw-r-----.
3. /system/mpengine is rwxrwxr-x, /system/mpengine/MPEngine9 is rwxrwxr-x, /system/mpengine/MPEngine9/MPEngine9X is rw-rw-r--.


EDIT:
Nova now is amazing smooth, no lag at all. I used to have nova but it is not fast like this. not sure why.
After rebooting several times, everything is faster. cheers.



Quote:
Originally Posted by persano View Post
But, do you set fine the permission of the init.d tweaks, this have to give you a best perfomance, score sometimes lie, a kindle fire hd 7" user had the same"problem" he says it run smoother but it isnt slow, it decreased score because my z tweaks have interactive governors in both cores, this may give all less score but, is better battery saving that performance, change interactive words for performance in ztweaks and use antutu and you will have an higher score, this isnt a score tweaks, this is an overall tweak. Tweaks thinks that you dont see like better mount system or read sd. It is more smoother? Interactive governor give less score but is the more battery friendly in the amazon os. This tweaks are for make kindle a better device. Change this lines in ztweak file in init.d folder

echo "interactive" > /sys/devices/system/cpu/cpu0/cpufreq/scaling_governor

echo "interactive" > /sys/devices/system/cpu/cpu1/cpufreq/scaling_governor

To

echo "performance" > /sys/devices/system/cpu/cpu0/cpufreq/scaling_governor

echo "performance" > /sys/devices/system/cpu/cpu1/cpufreq/scaling_governor

And run antutu, for daily use change it back to interactive, performance drains the battery too fast. Performance is a governor for make test.

Later, i will upload a updatedversion of my tweaks for kindle fire 8.9, i dont have a 8.9, i have a kindle fire hd 7", this tweaks are for all devices, but improve device a lot.

Use nova launcher than is better

Sent From My Super Modded KFHD


Sent from my KFJWI using Tapatalk 2
 
persano
Old
#10  
persano's Avatar
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 256
Posts: 1,570
Join Date: Nov 2012
Default Re: Kindle fire hd 8.9 tweaks

Quote:
Originally Posted by timnan View Post
After using it for a while , I think this tweak makes it faster than before while it is not as fast as original android.

Another thing is that this device is not as hot as it does before tweak especially during charging make it really good benefit for me to use it.

About permission:
1. all files under /system/etc/init.d are set as rwxrwxrwx, folder init.d is set as rwxrwxrwx as well.
2. /system/build.prop is rw-r-----.
3. /system/mpengine is rwxrwxr-x, /system/mpengine/MPEngine9 is rwxrwxr-x, /system/mpengine/MPEngine9/MPEngine9X is rw-rw-r--.


EDIT:
Nova now is amazing smooth, no lag at all. I used to have nova but it is not fast like this. not sure why.
After rebooting several times, everything is faster. cheers.


This tweaks clean your device and zipaling apps, use sd maid and clean trash.files and cache and then reboot and you willbsee is more smooth, this make your device smooth without performance governor, so more battery save and gaming never was better




Sent from my KFJWI using Tapatalk 2


Sent From My Super Modded KFHD


Help a Good Cause http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2666458 Help us releasing the kernel

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes


Use Facebook Pictures as a LWP with Facebook View

One of the best things that Android has always offeredits users is the ability to tailor … more

Share Your Thoughts Anonymously with A Minimalist Social Network

Nowadays, almost everyone has a second life onthe Internet. Among the best … more

Enable Heads Up Notifications For The Sprint Galaxy S3

Heads up notifications, in case you didn’t already know, are an experimental … more

Android One Goes Live in India!

Android One is a Google initiative set to bring an AOSP-like experience tosome emergingmarkets like India, … more