[Updated] Kindle fire hd 8.9 tweaks

Search This thread

timnan

Aug 31, 2008
Thanks but can you tell us what the benefit is from this tweek?

PERSANO´S TWEAKS FOR KINDLE FIRE HD 8.9

This post will be updated gradually:D

YOU NEED A ROOTED DEVICE
AND LATEST BUSYBOX INSTALLED

dont use supercharged v6 or other script or tweak, if you want me to add a tweak to this tell me and i will see if it is compatible

I made this post to show you my ultimate script pack that i make with different tweaks. specially thanks to ryuinfierno who make easy for to have init.d scripts in stock rom for all devices and thanks to LENAROX who made the engine (exellent and one of the best mods)

Delete supercharged v6 and all other tweaks before installing , i wont use v6 because mp9engine work better without it, mp9engine will speed your kindle and make it smoother, it will improve a bit the baterry life and improve a lot perfomance, gta 3 is as smooth as ps2 or more

INSTALL THE LATEST BUSYBOX 1.20.2

THIS ISNT FLASHABLE, you have to do it manually.

1. The first thing you will need to do is to enable init.d scripts in stock rom (thanks ryuinfierno) download this zip and extract, then run the script and do the following

http://db.tt/SzmIVvX6 install init.d in all devices

Install -recovery.sh in Etc folder in /system/etc delete the existing one and paste this
Runparts in Xbin folder in /system/xbin

Set permission
Install-recovery.sh rwxr-xr-x
Runparts rwxr-xr-x

Or you can download pimp my rom from here and use it to enable init.d scripts

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.androguide.pimp.my.rom Pimp My Rom App

2. After enabling init.d scripts in stock rom, download the file that correspond to your software version.

3. paste all in their folders
/system/etc/init.d for init.d tweaks in init.d folder
/system for mpengine folder
/system for build.prop, delete the old one and paste the new one that correspond to your version

4. Now set permission
Dont set permission to mpengine folder or any file in it or it wont work.
Set rwxrwxrwx permission t to init.d scripts.
set rw-r----- permission to build.prop.

5. Before rebooting check that all have the correct permission and all is in place.

Thanks for using my tweaks ;)

Sent From My Super Modded KFHD

http://db.tt/rAtz4WrA version 8.1.4

persano

Nov 25, 2012
Buenos Aires

better multitasking, faster device, no more lag, best signal, snappier ur, no aggresive battery drain, auto cleaner and better gaming. make your device perfect! this tweaks can be used in all devices but i modified them for make them faster in kindle devices, this tweak pack was created by me but use a tweak from lenarox that is mp9enginex that is one of the best tweaks created, this is better than supercharged or any other tweak, i test all existing tweaks and this will give you the best and drain less battery

Reactions: timnan

timnan

Aug 31, 2008
Nice. I will give it a try tonight.

better multitasking, faster device, no more lag, best signal, snappier ur, no aggresive battery drain, auto cleaner and better gaming. make your device perfect! this tweaks can be used in all devices but i modified them for make them faster in kindle devices, this tweak pack was created by me but use a tweak from lenarox that is mp9enginex that is one of the best tweaks created, this is better than supercharged or any other tweak, i test all existing tweaks and this will give you the best and drain less battery

timnan

Aug 31, 2008
Re: Kindle fire hd 8.9 tweaks

Pimp is easy and it tells me success init.d supported.
Boot animation is gone after tweak although still image of Kindle Fire shows up, scare me.
Antutu goes down from 9989 to 9229.
I am using Apex launcher I still feel lag but not sure whether improve a little bit.

Sent from my KFJWI using Tapatalk 2

Last edited:

persano

Nov 25, 2012
Buenos Aires

Pimp is easy and it tells me success init.d supported.
Boot animation is gone after tweak although still image of Kindle Fire shows up, scare me.
Antutu goes down from 9989 to 9229.
I am using Apex launcher I still feel lag but not sure whether improve a little bit.

But, do you set fine the permission of the init.d tweaks, this have to give you a best perfomance, score sometimes lie, a kindle fire hd 7" user had the same"problem" he says it run smoother but it isnt slow, it decreased score because my z tweaks have interactive governors in both cores, this may give all less score but, is better battery saving that performance, change interactive words for performance in ztweaks and use antutu and you will have an higher score, this isnt a score tweaks, this is an overall tweak. Tweaks thinks that you dont see like better mount system or read sd. It is more smoother? Interactive governor give less score but is the more battery friendly in the amazon os. This tweaks are for make kindle a better device. Change this lines in ztweak file in init.d folder

echo "interactive" > /sys/devices/system/cpu/cpu0/cpufreq/scaling_governor

echo "interactive" > /sys/devices/system/cpu/cpu1/cpufreq/scaling_governor

To

echo "performance" > /sys/devices/system/cpu/cpu0/cpufreq/scaling_governor

echo "performance" > /sys/devices/system/cpu/cpu1/cpufreq/scaling_governor

And run antutu, for daily use change it back to interactive, performance drains the battery too fast. Performance is a governor for make test.

Later, i will upload a updatedversion of my tweaks for kindle fire 8.9, i dont have a 8.9, i have a kindle fire hd 7", this tweaks are for all devices, but improve device a lot.

Use nova launcher than is better

Last edited:

timnan

Aug 31, 2008

After using it for a while , I think this tweak makes it faster than before while it is not as fast as original android.

Another thing is that this device is not as hot as it does before tweak especially during charging make it really good benefit for me to use it.

About permission:
1. all files under /system/etc/init.d are set as rwxrwxrwx, folder init.d is set as rwxrwxrwx as well.
2. /system/build.prop is rw-r-----.
3. /system/mpengine is rwxrwxr-x, /system/mpengine/MPEngine9 is rwxrwxr-x, /system/mpengine/MPEngine9/MPEngine9X is rw-rw-r--.

EDIT:
Nova now is amazing smooth, no lag at all. I used to have nova but it is not fast like this. not sure why.
After rebooting several times, everything is faster. cheers.

But, do you set fine the permission of the init.d tweaks, this have to give you a best perfomance, score sometimes lie, a kindle fire hd 7" user had the same"problem" he says it run smoother but it isnt slow, it decreased score because my z tweaks have interactive governors in both cores, this may give all less score but, is better battery saving that performance, change interactive words for performance in ztweaks and use antutu and you will have an higher score, this isnt a score tweaks, this is an overall tweak. Tweaks thinks that you dont see like better mount system or read sd. It is more smoother? Interactive governor give less score but is the more battery friendly in the amazon os. This tweaks are for make kindle a better device. Change this lines in ztweak file in init.d folder

echo "interactive" > /sys/devices/system/cpu/cpu0/cpufreq/scaling_governor

echo "interactive" > /sys/devices/system/cpu/cpu1/cpufreq/scaling_governor

To

echo "performance" > /sys/devices/system/cpu/cpu0/cpufreq/scaling_governor

echo "performance" > /sys/devices/system/cpu/cpu1/cpufreq/scaling_governor

And run antutu, for daily use change it back to interactive, performance drains the battery too fast. Performance is a governor for make test.

Later, i will upload a updatedversion of my tweaks for kindle fire 8.9, i dont have a 8.9, i have a kindle fire hd 7", this tweaks are for all devices, but improve device a lot.

Use nova launcher than is better

Last edited:

persano

Nov 25, 2012
Buenos Aires

After using it for a while , I think this tweak makes it faster than before while it is not as fast as original android.

Another thing is that this device is not as hot as it does before tweak especially during charging make it really good benefit for me to use it.

About permission:
1. all files under /system/etc/init.d are set as rwxrwxrwx, folder init.d is set as rwxrwxrwx as well.
2. /system/build.prop is rw-r-----.
3. /system/mpengine is rwxrwxr-x, /system/mpengine/MPEngine9 is rwxrwxr-x, /system/mpengine/MPEngine9/MPEngine9X is rw-rw-r--.

EDIT:
Nova now is amazing smooth, no lag at all. I used to have nova but it is not fast like this. not sure why.
After rebooting several times, everything is faster. cheers.

This tweaks clean your device and zipaling apps, use sd maid and clean trash.files and cache and then reboot and you willbsee is more smooth, this make your device smooth without performance governor, so more battery save and gaming never was better

persano

Nov 25, 2012
Buenos Aires

if any developer wan to add my tweaks or something of this pack to your roms do it.

mdblaze

Mar 25, 2009
A friend had me try an app from the market called "LagFix Free". You have to be rooted to run it, but I was amazed by the decrease in lag throughout normal tasks. It increases read/write scores in benchmark tests. These tweaks and this app, has me running pretty smooth right now.

persano

Nov 25, 2012
Buenos Aires
A friend had me try an app from the market called "LagFix Free". You have to be rooted to run it, but I was amazed by the decrease in lag throughout normal tasks. It increases read/write scores in benchmark tests. These tweaks and this app, has me running pretty smooth right now.

mine tweaks are good but are very battery friendly (very!), for better performance use sd maid too!

mi next release will be more battery friendly but with more higher performance (its real!)

Last edited:

persano

Nov 25, 2012
Buenos Aires

this trim your partitions, is good, but sd maid clean all device, this two are good,it isnt lag, are trash files, that is the "lag" you have.

sd maid clean cache, trash files and corpse files, so its one of the better cleaners and "lag fixers" you will find

Last edited:

persano

Nov 25, 2012
Buenos Aires

No.more lag fix app people, i will add a.script that trim like the app, its the same like in the app, but this will be at boot!

Geekybiker

Sep 30, 2010
Chicagoland
It would be helpful if you could be more specific about permissions. Especially if you mean all files in a folder, or the folder itself.

Geekybiker

Sep 30, 2010
Chicagoland
i say in my post files in init.d folder! do you know english, understand it?

I understand it, however...

4. Now set permission
Dont set permission to mpengine folder or any file in it or it wont work.
Set rwxrwxrwx permission t to init.d scripts.
set rw-r----- permission to build.prop.

It doesn't specify all the files and there is a folder named the same. I assumed it meant the files inside the folder. Just trying to clarify. What I'm trying to say is that ./system/etc/init.d/*.* set to RWXRWXRWX is a little clearer. Just trying to make it easier for other folks who want to try this too. Thanks for your work!

persano

Nov 25, 2012
Buenos Aires
redownload, i used a program to open the system.img of my backup and extracted my tweaks and modified them a bit and added some other tweaks.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

it is not necesary, first use script then remplace files and that is all. no need to say that xD
    after try many install method, i use this:
    - use Pim my room and install init.d
    - replace recovery.sh in /system/etc
    - replace Runparts in /system/xbin
    - reboot
    - done :D

@persano: i think you should add more guide in your first page to help newbie like me to install more easy
    thanks your works !