[BOOTLOADER] 2nd-bootloader for Custom ROMs on KFireHD 8.9 [06/24 CM12.1/TWRP 2.8.x]

Search This thread

Hashcode

Senior Recognized Developer
Sep 3, 2011
Introducing: Kindle Fire 2nd-bootloader + TWRP 2.8.x.x for the Kindle Fire HD 8.9

*** USE AT YOUR OWN RISK! WHILE I TRY MY BEST TO PROVIDE WORKING KERNELS/ROMS, I AM NOT RESPONSIBLE IF THIS SOFTWARE OR ANYTHING I'VE WORKED ON SUDDENLY FRIES YOUR DEVICE. ***

** THESE FILES WILL ONLY WORK ON A KINDLE FIRE HD 8.9. DO NOT ATTEMPT TO USE THESE FILES ON ANY OTHER DEVICE. **

** WHEN MODDING THE KFIRE HD YOU SHOULD HAVE WORKING FASTBOOT DRIVERS ON YOUR PC. **

FASTBOOT CABLES ARE NOT REQUIRED FOR USING FASTBOOT MODE ON THE KINDLE FIRE HD 8.9.
DOWNLOAD THE ANDROID SDK AND GO FROM THERE.
POSSIBLE ALSO THAT USING A FASTBOOT CABLE ON THE 8.9 WILL CAUSE DAMAGE.

http://developer.android.com/sdk/index.html

MAC USERS: USEFUL LINKS
http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=41199927&postcount=230

Q: How do I know if my fastboot works?
A: With the Kindle powered down, type the following command into a cmd/terminal window on your PC (should return with: < waiting for device> ):
fastboot -i 0x1949 getvar product

Then connect USB to the Kindle and reboot. It *SHOULD* show a Fastboot screen and your terminal window should show something like:
product: Jem-PVT-Prod-04

Type this to reboot out of fastboot mode:
fastboot -i 0x1949 reboot

** IF YOU HAVE QUESTIONS, RE-READ THROUGH THE THREAD FOR ANSWERS. WHEN YOU'RE ABSOLUTELY SURE NO ONE HAS ASKED YOUR QUESTION, GO AHEAD AND RE-READ THE THREAD AGAIN AND USE THE SEARCH FEATURE. THEN POST YOUR QUESTION IF YOU STILL CAN'T FIND THE ANSWER **

INSTRUCTIONS FOR INSTALLING A 2ND-BOOTLOADER TO LOAD CUSTOM KERNELS / ROMS / RECOVERY:
*** BE SURE YOU HAVE A GOOD CHARGE ON THE DEVICE ***

STEP 1. Backup your stock partitions to your own HD for later if you need disaster recovery:
Code:
adb shell su -c "dd if=/dev/block/mmcblk0boot0 of=/sdcard/boot0block.img"
adb shell su -c "dd if=/dev/block/platform/omap/omap_hsmmc.1/by-name/boot of=/sdcard/stock-boot.img"
adb shell su -c "dd if=/dev/block/platform/omap/omap_hsmmc.1/by-name/recovery of=/sdcard/stock-recovery.img"
adb shell su -c "dd if=/dev/block/platform/omap/omap_hsmmc.1/by-name/system of=/sdcard/stock-system.img" # This will take a few minutes
adb pull /sdcard/boot0block.img
adb pull /sdcard/stock-boot.img
adb pull /sdcard/stock-recovery.img
adb pull /sdcard/stock-system.img # This will take a few minutes
Take those files and put them somewhere safe.

**** MAC USERS MAY NEED TO SPARSE THE FILES FOR RE-FLASHING TO THE DEVICE. I NEED A MAC USER TO PROBABLY WORK THROUGH THAT PROCESS AND I CAN POST BACKUP COPIES OF THE STOCK PARTITIONS FOR DISASTER RECOVERY ****

STEP 2: Download the files you will need to install 2nd-bootloader, TWRP and CM:

ON THE FOLLOWING DEV-HOST LINKS
USE THE BLUE "DOWNLOAD NOW" BUTTON
-- DO NOT INSTALL AN EXECUTABLE DOWNLOADER TO YOUR SYSTEM! --
I'LL LOOK FOR A BETTER HOST WHEN I GET MORE TIME.

1. Stack override file:
    Mirror 1: Download "stack" from Dev-Host
  2. [12/09] kfhd8-freedom-boot-8.4.6.img (USED ONLY THE FIRST TIME -- .zip files will have their own boot.img's from now on):
    Mirror 1: Download "kfhd8-freedom-boot-8.4.6.img" from Dev-Host
    md5sum: 8374cf88e75abda8c374044a1f0daa5f
  3. [06/24] TWRP 2.8.7.0 recovery flash Image
    Mirror 1: Download TWRP from Dev-Host
    md5sum: a0c7533fd853849184850580350abd18
  4. CM-12.1 for the Kindle Fire HD 8.9 (choose the latest version from):
    Mirror 1: Downloads CM
  5. Google Apps from Android File Host:
    https://www.androidfilehost.com/?w=files&flid=25361 (Use 5.1 version!)
  6. Download the older 8.1.4 bootloader file and flash to your device via fastboot:
    Mirror 1: Download bootloader from Dev-Host
    md5sum a56f24c0c01aaea4bf408bc710faadaa
    (You SHOULD check this before using fastboot -- downloads CAN be corrupted)
Place the CM-12.1 ROM and the gapps .zip on your device in the /sdcard area

STEP 3. Install the stack override in /system:
ADB commands entered while booted up into STOCK *rooted* Amazon Kindle OS -- May need to enable ADB debugging in Settings:
[2013-08-21] edited the location where stack is placed on device due to permissions changes
Code:
adb push stack /sdcard/
adb shell su -c "dd if=/sdcard/stack of=/dev/block/platform/omap/omap_hsmmc.1/by-name/system bs=6519488 seek=1"

STEP 4. Stop the auto recovery update script (this file may or may not be present):
Code:
adb shell su -c "mount -o remount,rw ext4 /system"
adb shell su -c "mv /system/etc/install-recovery.sh /system/etc/install-recovery.sh.bak"
adb shell su -c "mount -o remount,ro ext4 /system"

STEP 5:
[ With the device powered off: Issue the following commands into your command/terminal window on your PC. Start with the first command and press enter. Then connect USB to the Kindle and power on ]

Code:
fastboot -i 0x1949 flash bootloader kfhd8-u-boot-prod-8.1.4.bin
fastboot -i 0x1949 flash boot kfhd8-freedom-boot-8.4.6.img
fastboot -i 0x1949 flash recovery kfhd8-twrp-2.8.7.0-recovery.img

*DONT RE-FLASH FREEDOM-BOOT.IMG LATER AFTER FLASHING CUSTOM ROMS -- IT'S FOR STOCK AMAZON OS ONLY / FIRST INSTALL ONLY*

** If everything was done correctly your Kindle will reboot and you will at first see the normal Kindle Fire ORANGE logo and then it will fade and come back as a BLUE logo. **

TO ENTER RECOVERY:
Press the left volume button (volume up) while the logo is still YELLOW and keep pressing until the logo turns BLUE. Wait a moment and you should enter recovery.

STEP 6:
CM-12.1 AND GAPPS INSTALLATION:
  • (OPTIONAL) Make a backup by selecting "Backup" and then slide your finger to the right on the "Swipe to Back Up"
  • Once complete use the pentagon "Home" icon in the upper right corner of the screen (next to the back arrow and terminal icon)
  • Now, select "Wipe"
  • Swipe the "Swipe to Factory Reset"
  • Use the "Home" icon
  • Select "Install"
  • Browse to the location on your device where you saved the CM-11.0 / GAPPS .ZIP files
  • Select the CM12.1 ZIP file in the list by touching it, then confirm it says the name of the CM-12.1 .ZIP file on the next screen under "File to flash:"
  • Select "Add More Zips"
  • Select the GAPPS ZIP file in the list by touching it -- make sure it says the name of the .ZIP again under "File to flash:"
  • Swipe the "Swipe to Confirm Flash", and wait for it to finish.
  • If the screen is blank at any time you can hit the power button to "wake up" the device
  • Once the flash is done, you'll see a "Home" and "Reboot" buttons at the bottom of the screen
  • Select "Reboot"

CONGRATULATIONS YOU NOW HAVE THE ABILITY TO INSTALL CUSTOM KERNELS / RECOVERY AND ROMS.

FLASHING BACK TO STOCK:
** FIND THE FILES WE BACKED UP IN STEP #1: ** OR Follow this thread's instructions:
http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2011126

**** MAC USERS MAY NEED TO SPARSE THE FILES FOR RE-FLASHING TO THE DEVICE. I NEED A MAC USER TO PROBABLY WORK THROUGH THAT PROCESS AND I CAN POST BACKUP COPIES OF THE STOCK PARTITIONS FOR DISASTER RECOVERY ****

Once you have these files (we'll name them boot.img/recovery.img and system.img for the purpose of these instructions, but they could be different on your system).

Plug in your fastboot cable and reboot so that you see the fastboot screen and enter the following commands:
Code:
fastboot -i 0x1949 flash boot [B]boot.img[/B]
fastboot -i 0x1949 flash recovery [B]recovery.img[/B]
fastboot -i 0x1949 flash system [B]system.img[/B] # This one will take a few minutes

THANKS TO:
  • fattire for finding the original bootloader exploit
  • verygreen for doing some initial work on the 2nd-bootloader and fixing bugs (and letting me copy some of his bootloader installation instructions)

Attachments

• kfhd8-initlogo-new2-rotated.jpg
    kfhd8-initlogo-new2-rotated.jpg
    6.5 KB · Views: 7,366
Last edited:

timnan

Aug 31, 2008
WOW.....
Finally. :laugh:

*** USE AT YOUR OWN RISK! WHILE I TRY MY BEST TO PROVIDE WORKING KERNELS/ROMS, I AM NOT RESPONSIBLE IF THIS SOFTWARE OR ANYTHING I'VE WORKED ON SUDDENLY FRIES YOUR DEVICE. ***

** THESE FILES WILL ONLY WORK ON A KINDLE FIRE HD 8.9 (UNTESTED ON THE LTE VERSION). DO NOT ATTEMPT TO USE THESE FILES ON ANY OTHER DEVICE. **

** WHEN MODDING THE KFIRE HD YOU SHOULD HAVE A WORKING FASTBOOT CABLE + FASTBOOT DRIVERS/ACCESS ON YOUR PC. **

A: Plug the cable into your device and then reboot the Kindle. It *SHOULD* show a Fastboot screen.

Once at the screen use this command on your computer:
fastboot devices

You should see something like this:
0123456789ABCDEF fastboot

Q: How is this different than the 2nd-bootloader from verygreen's thread?
A: Verygreen's 2nd-bootloader was more of a proof of concept and doesn't allow for button entry into recovery and may have issues booting from custom sized boot.imgs. I've been using this one for about a month during my CM10.1 development.

** IF YOU HAVE QUESTIONS, RE-READ THROUGH THE THREAD FOR ANSWERS. WHEN YOU'RE ABSOLUTELY SURE NO ONE HAS ASKED YOUR QUESTION, GO AHEAD AND RE-READ THE THREAD AGAIN AND USE THE SEARCH FEATURE. THEN POST YOUR QUESTION IF YOU STILL CAN'T FIND THE ANSWER **

INSTRUCTIONS FOR INSTALLING A 2ND-BOOTLOADER TO LOAD CUSTOM KERNELS / ROMS / RECOVERY:

STEP 1. Backup your stock partitions to your own HD for later if you need disaster recovery:
Code:
adb pull /dev/block/platform/omap/omap_hsmmc.1/by-name/boot
adb pull /dev/block/platform/omap/omap_hsmmc.1/by-name/recovery
adb pull /dev/block/platform/omap/omap_hsmmc.1/by-name/system # This will take a few minutes

STEP 2: Download the files you will need to install 2nd-bootloader, TWRP and CM10.1:
  1. Stack override file: http://goo.im/devs/Hashcode/jem/stack
  2. kfhd8-freedom-boot.img (USED ONLY THE FIRST TIME -- .zip files will have their own boot.img's from now on): http://goo.im/devs/Hashcode/jem/kfhd8-freedom-boot.img
  3. TWRP Recovery: http://goo.im/devs/Hashcode/jem/kfhd8-twrp-2.3.3.0-recovery.img
  4. CM-10.1 for the Kindle Fire HD 8.9 (choose the latest version from): http://goo.im/devs/Hashcode/jem/cm10.1
  5. Google Apps from: http://goo.im/gapps (choose the top rom CM10.1 version)
Place the CM-10.1 ROM and the gapps .zip on your device in the /sdcard area

ADB commands entered while booted up into STOCK *rooted* Amazon Kindle OS -- May need to enable ADB debugging in Settings:
Code:
adb push stack /data/local/tmp/
adb shell su -c "dd if=/data/local/tmp/stack of=/dev/block/platform/omap/omap_hsmmc.1/by-name/system bs=6519488 seek=1"

STEP 4. Connect fastboot cable OR if you have fastboot drivers setup correctly you can use a standard USB cable to issue the following commands. Start with the first command and press enter. This will show <waiting for device> and then power on the Kindle. Once the fastboot screen is shown and the first command completes you can enter the rest of the commands.
*DONT RE-FLASH FREEDOM-BOOT.IMG LATER AFTER FLASHING CM10.1 -- IT'S FOR STOCK AMAZON OS ONLY / FIRST INSTALL ONLY*
Code:
fastboot -i 0x1949 flash boot kfhd8-freedom-boot.img
fastboot -i 0x1949 flash recovery kdh8-twrp-2.3.3.0-recovery.img

** If everything was done correctly your Kindle will reboot and you will at first see the normal Kindle Fire ORANGE logo and then it will fade and come back as a BLUE logo. **

CONGRATULATIONS YOU NOW HAVE THE ABILITY TO INSTALL CUSTOM KERNELS / RECOVERY AND ROMS.

TO ENTER RECOVERY:
Press the left volume button (volume up) while the logo is still YELLOW and keep pressing until the logo turns BLUE. Wait a moment and you should enter recovery.

FLASHING BACK TO STOCK:
** FIND THE FILES WE BACKED UP IN STEP #1: **

Once you have these files (we'll name them boot.img/recovery.img and system.img for the purpose of these instructions, but they could be different on your system).

Plug in your fastboot cable and reboot so that you see the fastboot screen and enter the following commands:
Code:
fastboot -i 0x1949 flash system [B]system.img[/B] # This one will take a few minutes

THANKS TO:
  • verygreen for doing some initial work on the 2nd-bootloader and fixing bugs (and letting me copy some of his bootloader installation instructions)

Reactions: m0nkeysensei

supernoman

Mar 31, 2008
Sweet! Can't wait to try. Just got my ebay fastboot cable last night. Time to finally open the KF. :p

Hashcode

Sep 3, 2011
I added a missing step where the auto recovery updater runs in the OS on stock boot:

To disable this auto recovery installer do this via adb:
Code:
adb shell su -c "mv /system/etc/install-recovery.sh /system/etc/install-recovery.sh.bak"

Born2BeMild

Mar 5, 2011
Re: [BOOTLOADER] Install 2nd-bootloader for Custom ROMs on KFireHD 8.9

Neat, gonna get around to this later on tomorrow. Thanks man!

Sent from my KFJWI

slacka-vt

Nov 17, 2009
Southern Vermont
well, it was a three hour epic battle but I finally got the boot and recovery installed. getting into fastboot and having the device recognized was pretty darn hard. i found using the recovery tool found here: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2011126 to be invaluable for getting into fastboot with a non fastboot cable. Also, eveytime I tried to flash the recovery, i kept getting an error complaining about the file size being too big to upload to my device. oddly enough, I downloaded the TWRP recovery once more and renamed it "recovery.img" and was able to flash. not sure if that was coincidence. another trick is to keep device manager open, in fast boot, the kindle will show up as "Jem -XXX-XXX" and you need to use the "Android ADB Composite USB" driver. right now I'm in recovery and about to flash CM10.1 BUT, ONE IMPORTANT QUESTION - WILL WIPING PARTITIONS DO IRREVERSIBLE DAMAGE ? sorry for yelling and thanks so much for your hard work -it's greatly appreciated.

Hashcode

Sep 3, 2011

If you make a backup in TWRP, you can always restore it later.

Hold off on CM10.1, I'm rebuilding.

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk 2

FroyoShark

Sep 12, 2011
Minnesota
youtube.com
Can't get fastboot working...
Tried 2 different 8.9's, with 3 different USB cables on Windows 7 and Linux with each.
EDIT: Nevermind, finally got it working :)

Last edited:

Hashcode

Sep 3, 2011

Can't get fastboot working...
Tried 2 different 8.9's, with 3 different USB cables on Windows 7 and Linux with each.
EDIT: Nevermind, finally got it working :)

Awesome, feel free to share any tips.

Reactions: sprkat85

FroyoShark

Sep 12, 2011
Minnesota
youtube.com
After installing CM10.1+ Gapps, it booted to a black screen, so I did a hard reset. Went back into TWRP, wiped system, and flashed just CM10.1. After that, it got stuck on the orange Kindle Fire logo (doesn't get to the blue one) and even reflashing the bootloader/recovery doesn't fix it.
EDIT: Tried restoring my system backup from the stock ROM, that didn't work either. Restoring the stock boot image makes it so I can boot into the stock ROM though.

EDIT 2: Must have done something wrong. It's working fine again, but CM10.1 still doesn't work.

Last edited:

Hashcode

Sep 3, 2011
After installing CM10.1+ Gapps, it booted to a black screen, so I did a hard reset. Went back into TWRP, wiped system, and flashed just CM10.1. After that, it got stuck on the orange Kindle Fire logo (doesn't get to the blue one) and even reflashing the bootloader/recovery doesn't fix it.
EDIT: Tried restoring my system backup from the stock ROM, that didn't work either. Restoring the stock boot image makes it so I can boot into the stock ROM though.

EDIT 2: Must have done something wrong. It's working fine again, but CM10.1 still doesn't work.

When re-setting up the Kindle for the 2nd-bootloader, PLEASE re-review the steps in the OP, I added a missing step later after the original posting.

(It's the disabling of the "install-recovery.sh" file)

FroyoShark

Sep 12, 2011
Minnesota
youtube.com
When re-setting up the Kindle for the 2nd-bootloader, PLEASE re-review the steps in the OP, I added a missing step later after the original posting.

(It's the disabling of the "install-recovery.sh" file)

Yeah, that's how I got it working. Also, there's a typo in the OP, you put "fastboot -i 0x1949 flash recovery kdh8-twrp-2.3.3.0-recovery.img" instead of "fastboot -i 0x1949 flash recovery kfhd8-twrp-2.3.3.0-recovery.img"

Hashcode

Sep 3, 2011

Guh. I actually fixed (or thought I did) that typo last night. Ah well, I re-editted it just now and it looks like it took.

Thanks for pointing that out.

Hashcode

Sep 3, 2011

it is a little slow to respond. i built it with a custom kernel a while back.

i may try either an updated kernel or using stock kernel to see if it helps.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Introducing: Kindle Fire 2nd-bootloader + TWRP 2.8.x.x for the Kindle Fire HD 8.9

** THESE FILES WILL ONLY WORK ON A KINDLE FIRE HD 8.9. DO NOT ATTEMPT TO USE THESE FILES ON ANY OTHER DEVICE. **

** WHEN MODDING THE KFIRE HD YOU SHOULD HAVE WORKING FASTBOOT DRIVERS ON YOUR PC. **

FASTBOOT CABLES ARE NOT REQUIRED FOR USING FASTBOOT MODE ON THE KINDLE FIRE HD 8.9.
    DOWNLOAD THE ANDROID SDK AND GO FROM THERE.
    POSSIBLE ALSO THAT USING A FASTBOOT CABLE ON THE 8.9 WILL CAUSE DAMAGE.

http://developer.android.com/sdk/index.html

MAC USERS: USEFUL LINKS
    http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=41199927&postcount=230

A: With the Kindle powered down, type the following command into a cmd/terminal window on your PC (should return with: < waiting for device> ):
    fastboot -i 0x1949 getvar product

Then connect USB to the Kindle and reboot. It *SHOULD* show a Fastboot screen and your terminal window should show something like:
    product: Jem-PVT-Prod-04

Type this to reboot out of fastboot mode:

Code:
    adb shell su -c "dd if=/dev/block/mmcblk0boot0 of=/sdcard/boot0block.img"
    adb shell su -c "dd if=/dev/block/platform/omap/omap_hsmmc.1/by-name/boot of=/sdcard/stock-boot.img"
    adb shell su -c "dd if=/dev/block/platform/omap/omap_hsmmc.1/by-name/recovery of=/sdcard/stock-recovery.img"
    adb shell su -c "dd if=/dev/block/platform/omap/omap_hsmmc.1/by-name/system of=/sdcard/stock-system.img" # This will take a few minutes
    adb pull /sdcard/boot0block.img
    adb pull /sdcard/stock-boot.img
    adb pull /sdcard/stock-recovery.img
    adb pull /sdcard/stock-system.img # This will take a few minutes

STEP 2: Download the files you will need to install 2nd-bootloader, TWRP and CM:

ON THE FOLLOWING DEV-HOST LINKS
    USE THE BLUE "DOWNLOAD NOW" BUTTON
    -- DO NOT INSTALL AN EXECUTABLE DOWNLOADER TO YOUR SYSTEM! --
    I'LL LOOK FOR A BETTER HOST WHEN I GET MORE TIME.

1. Stack override file:
      Mirror 1: Download "stack" from Dev-Host
    2. [12/09] kfhd8-freedom-boot-8.4.6.img (USED ONLY THE FIRST TIME -- .zip files will have their own boot.img's from now on):
      Mirror 1: Download "kfhd8-freedom-boot-8.4.6.img" from Dev-Host
      md5sum: 8374cf88e75abda8c374044a1f0daa5f
    3. [06/24] TWRP 2.8.7.0 recovery flash Image
      Mirror 1: Download TWRP from Dev-Host
      md5sum: a0c7533fd853849184850580350abd18
    4. CM-12.1 for the Kindle Fire HD 8.9 (choose the latest version from):
      Mirror 1: Downloads CM
    5. Google Apps from Android File Host:
      https://www.androidfilehost.com/?w=files&flid=25361 (Use 5.1 version!)
    6. Download the older 8.1.4 bootloader file and flash to your device via fastboot:
      Mirror 1: Download bootloader from Dev-Host
      md5sum a56f24c0c01aaea4bf408bc710faadaa
      (You SHOULD check this before using fastboot -- downloads CAN be corrupted)
    Place the CM-12.1 ROM and the gapps .zip on your device in the /sdcard area

[2013-08-21] edited the location where stack is placed on device due to permissions changes
    Code:
    adb push stack /sdcard/
    adb shell su -c "dd if=/sdcard/stack of=/dev/block/platform/omap/omap_hsmmc.1/by-name/system bs=6519488 seek=1"

STEP 4. Stop the auto recovery update script (this file may or may not be present):
    Code:

STEP 5:
    [ With the device powered off: Issue the following commands into your command/terminal window on your PC. Start with the first command and press enter. Then connect USB to the Kindle and power on ]

Code:
    fastboot -i 0x1949 flash bootloader kfhd8-u-boot-prod-8.1.4.bin
    fastboot -i 0x1949 flash boot kfhd8-freedom-boot-8.4.6.img
    fastboot -i 0x1949 flash recovery kfhd8-twrp-2.8.7.0-recovery.img

*DONT RE-FLASH FREEDOM-BOOT.IMG LATER AFTER FLASHING CUSTOM ROMS -- IT'S FOR STOCK AMAZON OS ONLY / FIRST INSTALL ONLY*

TO ENTER RECOVERY:

STEP 6:
    CM-12.1 AND GAPPS INSTALLATION:
    • (OPTIONAL) Make a backup by selecting "Backup" and then slide your finger to the right on the "Swipe to Back Up"
    • Once complete use the pentagon "Home" icon in the upper right corner of the screen (next to the back arrow and terminal icon)
    • Now, select "Wipe"
    • Swipe the "Swipe to Factory Reset"
    • Use the "Home" icon
    • Select "Install"
    • Browse to the location on your device where you saved the CM-11.0 / GAPPS .ZIP files
    • Select the CM12.1 ZIP file in the list by touching it, then confirm it says the name of the CM-12.1 .ZIP file on the next screen under "File to flash:"
    • Select "Add More Zips"
    • Select the GAPPS ZIP file in the list by touching it -- make sure it says the name of the .ZIP again under "File to flash:"
    • Swipe the "Swipe to Confirm Flash", and wait for it to finish.
    • If the screen is blank at any time you can hit the power button to "wake up" the device
    • Once the flash is done, you'll see a "Home" and "Reboot" buttons at the bottom of the screen
    • Select "Reboot"

FLASHING BACK TO STOCK:
    ** FIND THE FILES WE BACKED UP IN STEP #1: ** OR Follow this thread's instructions:
    http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2011126

Code:

THANKS TO:
    Who thinks I should write an APK installer for the initial installation of the 2nd-bootloader, TWRP and an automated re-install of the Amazon OS to fix any damage the stack drop did?

I forgot to put up the stock flash .zip that I put together. I'll try and get it uploaded tonight.

Added a stock Amazon OS flash .zip (8.1.4) for use in TWRP here:
    http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2142241

FOR USE ONCE 2ND-BOOTLOADER / TWRP ARE INSTALLED