XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[ROM-AOSP] Unofficial CM10.1 (JB 4.2.2) [08/12 ICON DRAG FIX]

Tip us?

vaggolena
Old
Thanks Meter 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hashcode View Post
You can definitely do the install w/o a fastboot cable, but you do need to have a working fastboot driver on your machine. The KFHD's stock bootloader will check for fastboot commands for a short period of time during the boot.

There are other methods as well to get the partitions setup for this, however, in the case of disaster having a working fastboot setup will be required to restore.
Hashcode,

Does a factory/fastboot cable work on the 8.9? Some say to buy it, and others say that it only works for the Kindle fire 2 and 7" and that there is no need for it. If it is needed, is there a specific cable that you recommend? Thanks

Hashcode
Old
Recognized Developer - OP
Thanks Meter 19650

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by vaggolena View Post
Hashcode,

Does a factory/fastboot cable work on the 8.9? Some say to buy it, and others say that it only works for the Kindle fire 2 and 7" and that there is no need for it. If it is needed, is there a specific cable that you recommend? Thanks
I do all my work without a fastboot cable but I have my fastboot driver configured correctly so that the KFHD8 is recognized as a fastboot device during the bootup.

So, while I have tested fastboot on almost every other device that I own, I've never needed to use it on the KFHD8.

EDIT: I just did a quick functional test and my Motorola OEM factory cable did *NOT* place me in fastboot mode. So I think getting a fastboot cable may be a waste of time for the HD 8.9. Rather that users download the Android SDK and make sure it's setup correctly for fastboot. Updating my OP's.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Hashcode For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

vaggolena
Old
Thanks Meter 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hashcode View Post
I do all my work without a fastboot cable but I have my fastboot driver configured correctly so that the KFHD8 is recognized as a fastboot device during the bootup.

So, while I have tested fastboot on almost every other device that I own, I've never needed to use it on the KFHD8.

EDIT: I just did a quick functional test and my Motorola OEM factory cable did *NOT* place me in fastboot mode. So I think getting a fastboot cable may be a waste of time for the HD 8.9. Rather that users download the Android SDK and make sure it's setup correctly for fastboot. Updating my OP's.
Thank you!!

JuannTwo3
Old
Thanks Meter 29
Hashcode, I'm getting a black screen after installing the rom + gapps. Any help?

traxxx79
Old
Thanks Meter 1
same here... wiped, factory reset, then installed cm10.1, then wiped and factory reset, then gapps. After blue Kindle screen just a black screen, nothing happens. installed again, cm10.1, then gapps, no wipe/reset. black screen. Got an Fire 8.9 32GB.

Hashcode
Old
Thanks Meter 19650

DONATE TO ME
Default Re: [ROM-AOSP] Unofficial CM10.1 (JB 4.2.1) [02/01 ALPHA]

are both of you using 32gb devices?

has anyone had a successfully installed this?

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk 2
The Following User Says Thank You to Hashcode For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

siruba
Old
(Last edited by siruba; 2nd February 2013 at 07:45 AM.)
Thanks Meter 0
Just tried your build on my 16GB wifi model but got a black screen on boot (right after the blue KF logo). Happens no matter gapps installed and wiped or not.

I have a recently synced copy of your git repo and I could build myself and run the rom properly though.

Hashcode
Old
Thanks Meter 19650

DONATE TO ME
Default Re: [ROM-AOSP] Unofficial CM10.1 (JB 4.2.1) [02/01 ALPHA]

Quote:
Originally Posted by siruba View Post
Just tried your build on my 16GB wifi model but got a black screen on boot (right after the blue KF logo). Happens no matter gapps installed and wiped or not.

I have a recently synced copy of your git repo and I could build myself and run the rom properly though.
Can you get a copy of /proc/last_kmsg from the black screen boot and send it to my email? Dont pastebin as there is serial #, etc information that shouldnt be shared. hashcode0f at gmail.com

I will also wipe and flash this build again. could have been a bad build somehow.

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk 2
The Following User Says Thank You to Hashcode For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

siruba
Old
Thanks Meter 0
I am afraid I couldn't. After the black screen I had to hold the power button to forcefully turn the tablet off and on again - it seemed that the kmsg didn't persist through that to recovery.

Poke851Le
Old
(Last edited by Poke851Le; 2nd February 2013 at 12:46 PM.) Reason: miss spelling
Thanks Meter 2
Hashcode

first of all, Thank you very much for developing this roms. I bought KD HD 8.9 16Gb when you were developing cm10.1

I read your post (bootloader and this rom) and follow steps. and succeed to enter twrp recovery. (+ blue amazon logo)

but after i installed this rom and gapps, logo appeared and black screen ...

I can enter twrp recover (by power + volume button) but i can't connect kindle 8.9 to pc (windows7 can't recognize KD driver )

so I can't move the file or enter the fastboot .. ( I ordered a factory cable.)

If you know to connect kindle to pc at black screen or at the twrp recovery mode ( I tried to mount use mode of twrp recovery but it was no useful)
tell me something please.