OP Hashcode

1st February 2013, 06:26 PM   |  #11  
NYC
Thanks Meter: 7

39 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hashcode

You can definitely do the install w/o a fastboot cable, but you do need to have a working fastboot driver on your machine. The KFHD's stock bootloader will check for fastboot commands for a short period of time during the boot.

There are other methods as well to get the partitions setup for this, however, in the case of disaster having a working fastboot setup will be required to restore.

Hashcode,

Does a factory/fastboot cable work on the 8.9? Some say to buy it, and others say that it only works for the Kindle fire 2 and 7" and that there is no need for it. If it is needed, is there a specific cable that you recommend? Thanks
1st February 2013, 06:32 PM   |  #12  
OP Recognized Developer
Thanks Meter: 22,698

3,243 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by vaggolena

Hashcode,

Does a factory/fastboot cable work on the 8.9? Some say to buy it, and others say that it only works for the Kindle fire 2 and 7" and that there is no need for it. If it is needed, is there a specific cable that you recommend? Thanks

I do all my work without a fastboot cable but I have my fastboot driver configured correctly so that the KFHD8 is recognized as a fastboot device during the bootup.

So, while I have tested fastboot on almost every other device that I own, I've never needed to use it on the KFHD8.

EDIT: I just did a quick functional test and my Motorola OEM factory cable did *NOT* place me in fastboot mode. So I think getting a fastboot cable may be a waste of time for the HD 8.9. Rather that users download the Android SDK and make sure it's setup correctly for fastboot. Updating my OP's.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Hashcode For This Useful Post: [ View ]
1st February 2013, 06:34 PM   |  #13  
NYC
Thanks Meter: 7

39 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hashcode

I do all my work without a fastboot cable but I have my fastboot driver configured correctly so that the KFHD8 is recognized as a fastboot device during the bootup.

So, while I have tested fastboot on almost every other device that I own, I've never needed to use it on the KFHD8.

EDIT: I just did a quick functional test and my Motorola OEM factory cable did *NOT* place me in fastboot mode. So I think getting a fastboot cable may be a waste of time for the HD 8.9. Rather that users download the Android SDK and make sure it's setup correctly for fastboot. Updating my OP's.

Thank you!!
1st February 2013, 10:56 PM   |  #14  
Thanks Meter: 40

170 posts
More
Hashcode, I'm getting a black screen after installing the rom + gapps. Any help?
2nd February 2013, 12:16 AM   |  #15  
Thanks Meter: 1

11 posts
More
same here... wiped, factory reset, then installed cm10.1, then wiped and factory reset, then gapps. After blue Kindle screen just a black screen, nothing happens. installed again, cm10.1, then gapps, no wipe/reset. black screen. Got an Fire 8.9 32GB.
2nd February 2013, 05:40 AM   |  #16  
OP Recognized Developer

3,243 posts
Donate to Me
More
Re: [ROM-AOSP] Unofficial CM10.1 (JB 4.2.1) [02/01 ALPHA]
are both of you using 32gb devices?

has anyone had a successfully installed this?

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk 2
The Following User Says Thank You to Hashcode For This Useful Post: [ View ]
2nd February 2013, 08:30 AM   |  #17  
Hong Kong
Thanks Meter: 0

9 posts
Just tried your build on my 16GB wifi model but got a black screen on boot (right after the blue KF logo). Happens no matter gapps installed and wiped or not.

I have a recently synced copy of your git repo and I could build myself and run the rom properly though.
Last edited by siruba; 2nd February 2013 at 08:45 AM.
2nd February 2013, 09:21 AM   |  #18  
OP Recognized Developer

3,243 posts
Donate to Me
More
Re: [ROM-AOSP] Unofficial CM10.1 (JB 4.2.1) [02/01 ALPHA]
Quote:
Originally Posted by siruba

Just tried your build on my 16GB wifi model but got a black screen on boot (right after the blue KF logo). Happens no matter gapps installed and wiped or not.

I have a recently synced copy of your git repo and I could build myself and run the rom properly though.

Can you get a copy of /proc/last_kmsg from the black screen boot and send it to my email? Dont pastebin as there is serial #, etc information that shouldnt be shared. hashcode0f at gmail.com

I will also wipe and flash this build again. could have been a bad build somehow.

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk 2
The Following User Says Thank You to Hashcode For This Useful Post: [ View ]
2nd February 2013, 10:25 AM   |  #19  
Hong Kong
Thanks Meter: 0

9 posts
I am afraid I couldn't. After the black screen I had to hold the power button to forcefully turn the tablet off and on again - it seemed that the kmsg didn't persist through that to recovery.
2nd February 2013, 01:36 PM   |  #20  
Thanks Meter: 2

18 posts
Smile
Hashcode

first of all, Thank you very much for developing this roms. I bought KD HD 8.9 16Gb when you were developing cm10.1

I read your post (bootloader and this rom) and follow steps. and succeed to enter twrp recovery. (+ blue amazon logo)

but after i installed this rom and gapps, logo appeared and black screen ...

I can enter twrp recover (by power + volume button) but i can't connect kindle 8.9 to pc (windows7 can't recognize KD driver )

so I can't move the file or enter the fastboot .. ( I ordered a factory cable.)

If you know to connect kindle to pc at black screen or at the twrp recovery mode ( I tried to mount use mode of twrp recovery but it was no useful)
tell me something please.
Last edited by Poke851Le; 2nd February 2013 at 01:46 PM. Reason: miss spelling

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread