Sony Updates AOSP Sources to Android 5.0.1

Just a few days ago, Sony did an utterly fantastic job by pushing out numerous device trees for … more

Stop Your Screen From Turning Off with KeepItOn

We all know the feeling of reading a news article orrather longdocument, when our screen … more

The XDA LG QPair Developer Challenge Voting Has Begun!

It seems like it was just yesterday that weannounced that we had paired up with LGto … more

Major Update for the Sony Smartwatch 2 Brings DND and More

With the wearables landscape now dominated by Android Wear and Pebble, its … more

Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

[Q] Battery Taking Too Long to Charge

OP JJ2525

1st February 2013, 12:26 PM   |  #1  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 30

296 posts
I've had my N2 for a few weeks now. Suddenly, it has taken much, much longer to charge the phone. I calibrated the battery, drained it to 0 and plugged it in. 3 hours later it's still at 50% (and the phone is charging while off. Any suggestions?
1st February 2013, 12:59 PM   |  #2  
Thanks Meter: 20

96 posts
More
Are you using the stock wall charger and cable that came in the box?
2nd February 2013, 06:14 AM   |  #3  
Thanks Meter: 18

91 posts
Re: [Q] Battery Taking Too Long to Charge
The reason the battery is taking so long to charge is because you ran it down to 0. If you want your batter to last longer it's best to use the 80 / 20. What I'm saying is use the phone down to 20% and recharge back to 100%.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using xda app-developers app
The Following User Says Thank You to xfaega For This Useful Post: [ View ]
2nd February 2013, 09:34 AM   |  #4  
Thanks Meter: 148

679 posts
More
edit...remove my post.
Last edited by andrawer; 6th February 2013 at 12:57 AM.
2nd February 2013, 09:37 AM   |  #5  
Thanks Meter: 67

349 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by JJ2525

I've had my N2 for a few weeks now. Suddenly, it has taken much, much longer to charge the phone. I calibrated the battery, drained it to 0 and plugged it in. 3 hours later it's still at 50% (and the phone is charging while off. Any suggestions?

May be a faulty battery. Contact Samsung (I'm assuming that by n2 you mean note 2) and they'll probably send you a new battery.

Sent from a galaxy far far away.
2nd February 2013, 10:41 PM   |  #6  
Thanks Meter: 32

208 posts
I only had one issue, yesterday, and it was that my phone showed 25 percent charge on stock white Samsung charger/cable and I knew it had been on the charger longer than that. I rebooted and it showed 74%. Not sure what the hell this was about.
5th February 2013, 03:40 AM   |  #7  
Thanks Meter: 18

91 posts
Old rules by what standard? Anytime using lithium type of battry is best not to run it down to 0%. I guess you don't have much experence with them besides your phone. I use them everday for my hobby. Sure you can run them down to 0% if you like replacing them quicker.

5th February 2013, 04:36 AM   |  #8  
Thanks Meter: 76

694 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by andrawer

Huh? Its a lithium battery...those old rules dont apply. A little quick google on lithium batteries will explain this.

More than likely slow charges are due to a slow charge plug/cable...many prior posts on the charger.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Tapatalk 2

Old rules were for NiCad tyoe batteries, where you did want to run them down to 100% and had to deal with other issues. If you do end up doing that Google search you will find the advice given is pretty accurate. Staying out of the high and low ends for long periods will give you many more cycles.

-- Note II, TapaTalk II--
6th February 2013, 01:00 AM   |  #9  
Thanks Meter: 148

679 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by xfaega

Old rules by what standard? Anytime using lithium type of battry is best not to run it down to 0%. I guess you don't have much experence with them besides your phone. I use them everday for my hobby. Sure you can run them down to 0% if you like replacing them quicker.

my bad.

I realize now that I actually misread your post and thought your were saying the opposite....I think something is wrong with me?
11th February 2013, 07:00 PM   |  #10  
Thanks Meter: 2

52 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by JJ2525

Buddy i am having the same problem ... did you find any sloutions
i went to service centre those assh**** have no idea and said that note 2 is a bigger phone so it will take 6 hrs to fully charge.
pl help me out

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread