[ROM][WIP][AOSP][P7510][4.0.4]Infamous Open Source Project - **ALPHA** - 02.01.2013
All right, here we go...alpha time. Can't wait any longer to get this out! READ THIS WHOLE OP. TWICE.
INFAMOUS OPEN SOURCE PROJECT
This is a VERY
new project, that will grow and span across multiple devices and Android versions over time. This particular release is the first one under the IOSP name. Each IOSP rom that our team releases will be built entirely from source, with our own hand-picked tweaks and enhancements baked in throughout the process of preparing a ROM for general release. We're learning a lot as we go and hope that you will enjoy what we can crank out!
This has taken the better part of 2 months for me to research, learn, build, soft brick, re-build, re-build again, cry, re-build and finally get this. I really hope you enjoy using this as much as I do - it has become my DD.
MANY THANKS GO TO:
, THE Infamous developer and fearless leader. Rock on bro, this is gonna be exciting!!
- The other members of Team Infamous
- shnn2011, jookdakang23, and Blesstheattack. A super talented group of which I am proud to be a member!
- a GENIUS and huge source of inspiration! His work with this device has been uncanny.
- The entire Cyanogenmod
team for inspiration and innovation in Androidland
for the included scripts, that let your device run the way it was designed to run
- The entire XDA Developers
community for providing tools, knowledge, and support
All right, enough with the sappy stuff. Let's get down to business.
* Your warranty is now void.
* This is an ALPHA ROM. Its target audience is stronger users at this
* time. It is VERY stable, but may not be entirely noob-friendly right
* now. If you are inexperienced, it may be better to wait a
* couple of releases!! We'll get there though. :)
* I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
* thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please
* do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM
* before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
* you point the finger at me for messing up your device, I will laugh at you.
By using the rom you agree with the above terms!
- COMPLETELY built from AOSP (Google) source code for Android 4.0.4 - this is a "from scratch" ROM.
- Slim, smooth, fast. The way Google intended. This is as pure and simple as Android should be.
- pershoot's 3.1.10 kernel from CM9 and all its benefits - OC to 1400MHz, USB charging, and a huge list of other wonderful things. Check out Droid Basement for details on this kernel, and all of pershoot's current projects.
- Init.d support
- Live Wallpaper support
- Face Unlock works great (use Pattern as alternate, see Bugs section)
- Hand selected build.prop tweaks for UI optimization, improved Wifi performance, touchscreen response, and video playback
- Replaced default wallpaper with a minimalistic, texturized slick look.
- The following scripts from zepplinrox have been placed under xbin/scripts for you to use to tweak your ROM out!!! Read this. Use SManager from Play Store to execute these.
- GooManager ready right out of the gate. As updates are released, you will receive OTA notification! TWRP is the recommended recovery and you can install it directly with this app. GO GET IT!! I will bake it into the next release for convenience's sake.
* V6 Supercharger!! (this has been tested and is of course FANTASTIC. Use setting 9 for minfrees!)
* KickAssKernelizer (this is awesome)
* Die-Hard Battery Calibrator (this is also awesome)
02.01.2013 - Initial Release. See above.
There is some stuff to be aware of, yes. I told you it was an alpha.
- With every reboot, the ROM will enable physical keyboard as default...effectively rendering the soft keyboard inoperable. DON'T PANIC! On first boot, SKIP THE WIFI CONNECTION AND GMAIL ACCOUNT SETUP. Go straight into the ROM, go into Settings > Language & Input, and set the default keyboard to AOSP Keyboard. Then look for a keyboard icon on the status bar...click on it, and set the toggle for "Use Physical Keyboard" to OFF. This will give you the soft keyboard and away you go! I am working to determine how to resolve this with the source and will try to provide a fix in a future update.
- Gmail may force close when you download it. Go to settings - accounts and sync - your Google account and check off 'sync Gmail'. Wait 30 seconds and you should be good.
- As a result of the above...DO NOT USE PIN UNLOCK!! A reboot will lock your tab and you won't be able to unlock it again. Use pattern or swipe...and if you use Face Unlock use Pattern as your alternate for now.
- Wallpaper scrolling may be a bit screwy. Using a different launcher to prevent wallpaper scrolling covers this problem up nicely. Nova Launcher is SERIOUSLY recommended...and the V6 Supercharger will "supercharge" the launcher beautifully for you!
- There is no baked in camera app at this time. I'm working on a port to be included for the next release. All the drivers for both cameras are there and function correctly though - just download "Camera ICS" from the Play Store and you'll have a camera (although it'll probably have some ads...ad blocker being considered for upcoming release)
- No advanced power menu at this time. There is no built in reboot option as it stands today, and various power menu mods I have attempted have not been fruitful as of yet. That will take me a bit more time but I'm committed to providing that! Use ROM Toolbox Lite to gain access to 4 way reboot capability in the meantime.
Full wipe is a MUST coming from ANY ROM. If you haven't done a full wipe, wipe before complaining...
and TWRP is RECOMMENDED!
You get that cool OTA support with TWRP.
- Take a NANDROID of your current ROM
- Wipe Cache
- Wipe Dalvik
- Factory Reset
- Wipe System
- Flash the ROM
- Flash the official Gapps ICS 4/29/2012 package - Get it here.
- Reboot and enjoy!
DOWNLOADS AND OTHER LINKS
Note: PLEASE DO NOT POST MIRRORS TO OUR WORK. If a mirror craps out and we haven't noticed, please PM me.
IOSP ICS ALPHA 1 - MAIN DOWNLOAD
IOSP ICS ALPHA 1 - ALTERNATE DOWNLOAD
Feel free to hit the Thanks button on the OP and/or hook me up with a 5 star rating if you're happy with my work!
And hey, if you're feeling especially charitable, please feel free to ship a donation to the good ol' dirty diaper fund!
My wife and son will thank you, and may even let me hang around to do more stuff for everyone! Absolutely not required but ABSOLUTELY appreciated by me and my family! Use the "Donate to Me" link to your left, and thank you again for your support!