Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required
Thread Closed

[ROM][4.2.2][AOKP/CM/PA] SCH-I605 Vanilla RootBox [6/8/13][v4.0]

OP slick_rick

2nd February 2013, 08:09 PM   |  #21  
Member
Thanks Meter: 28
 
46 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jan 2013
I mean yeah, it still lasts all day and I should probably just stick with aokp since I like it better but on tw I get like maybe 1-2% drain overnight and I am using an extended battery so I go a couple of days without charging (which probably means I should worry even less) but I'm just curious why android os on aokp/aosp is accounting for 63% of my battery usage. I meant no disrespect, in fact I love the stuff you are working on. I was just curious. I guess I'll just deal with it and go ahead and flash this anyway :P
The Following User Says Thank You to Pickleweasel For This Useful Post: [ View ]
2nd February 2013, 08:39 PM   |  #22  
basedboii's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 22
 
155 posts
Join Date:Joined: May 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by slick_rick

Just curious and not calling you out at all, just saying in general but why are so much people obsessed with their battery and every single wakelock, drain, etc? Even if I am experiencing all of that, don't know/care really, my battery still lasts me plenty throughout the day listening to music, etc and still have 25%+ left over. And I leave my phone on the charger overnight so IDK/IDC if I'm getting battery drain. Does anyone else's battery not last throughout the day? Again not calling you out, just in general I've seen this in all of our AOSP threads.

Sent from my SPH-L900 using Tapatalk 2

I dont have any problems with battery. It lasts all day for me, I dont even check the battery stats. Awesome rom by the way.
2nd February 2013, 09:53 PM   |  #23  
Ohh_Trenton's Avatar
Recognized Contributor
Flag ▂ ▃ ▅ ▆ █
Thanks Meter: 2,966
 
1,152 posts
Join Date:Joined: May 2010
Donate to Me
More
Re: [ROM][4.2.1][AOKP/CM] SCH-I605 Vanilla RootBox [2/1/13][v3.6][Per-App-DPI][PIE]
Whoa aren't you a busy bee slick! Time for me to go to work!

Sent from my SCH-I605 using xda premium
2nd February 2013, 10:24 PM   |  #24  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 93
 
205 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jan 2008
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by ks3rv3rg

Yes. If its not touchwiz theres no spen without third party apps.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk 2

Out of curiosity, (1) without the addition of any third party apps, does the spen still work to navigate the UI, and (2) which third party apps are you talking about that can restore some of the spen functionality?

Thanks in advance.
2nd February 2013, 10:27 PM   |  #25  
Account currently disabled
Thanks Meter: 1,765
 
2,366 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jul 2012
More
Re: [ROM][4.2.1][AOKP/CM] SCH-I605 Vanilla RootBox [2/1/13][v3.6][Per-App-DPI][PIE]
Quote:
Originally Posted by slick_rick

Just curious and not calling you out at all, just saying in general but why are so much people obsessed with their battery and every single wakelock, drain, etc? Even if I am experiencing all of that, don't know/care really, my battery still lasts me plenty throughout the day listening to music, etc and still have 25%+ left over. And I leave my phone on the charger overnight so IDK/IDC if I'm getting battery drain. Does anyone else's battery not last throughout the day? Again not calling you out, just in general I've seen this in all of our AOSP threads.

Sent from my SPH-L900 using Tapatalk 2

It's probably the single most annoying thing in android. The posts you just described. Get a life, people. Batteries drain. In other news, the world is round.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk 2
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to 1ManWolfePack For This Useful Post: [ View ]
2nd February 2013, 10:29 PM   |  #26  
Senior Member
Champaign, IL
Thanks Meter: 53
 
325 posts
Join Date:Joined: Feb 2008
Re: [ROM][4.2.1][AOKP/CM] SCH-I605 Vanilla RootBox [2/1/13][v3.6][Per-App-DPI][PIE]
It isnt super clear in the screen shots but whats the advantages on this over your pa build? More aokp settings?

Sent from my SCH-I605 using xda premium
2nd February 2013, 10:39 PM   |  #27  
WizeGuyDezignz's Avatar
Senior Member
San Diego
Thanks Meter: 1,139
 
2,901 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jun 2008
Re: [ROM][4.2.1][AOKP/CM] SCH-I605 Vanilla RootBox [2/1/13][v3.6][Per-App-DPI][PIE]
I'm not understanding the sd card instructions. If I'm coming from a TW 4.1.x rom, I have to format my sd card before I flash this? Or if it's already fat 32 I'm fine?

And then if I go back to a TW 4.1.x rom I have to reformat the sd card again and flash the sd card file or just flash the file?

Thanks, I want to try this out!

Sent from my SCH-I605 using xda premium
2nd February 2013, 11:06 PM   |  #28  
Ohh_Trenton's Avatar
Recognized Contributor
Flag ▂ ▃ ▅ ▆ █
Thanks Meter: 2,966
 
1,152 posts
Join Date:Joined: May 2010
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by WizeGuyDezignz

I'm not understanding the sd card instructions. If I'm coming from a TW 4.1.x rom, I have to format my sd card before I flash this? Or if it's already fat 32 I'm fine?

And then if I go back to a TW 4.1.x rom I have to reformat the sd card again and flash the sd card file or just flash the file?

Thanks, I want to try this out!

Sent from my SCH-I605 using xda premium

If youre going from 4.1 to AOSP/AOKP, format your card. It only works on fat 32 sd cards.

You do not have to format your card if youre going from AOSP/AOKP to 4.1 but you have to flash the restore-downgrade zip in the OP.

---------- Post added at 10:54 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:43 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by minazaki

Out of curiosity, (1) without the addition of any third party apps, does the spen still work to navigate the UI, and (2) which third party apps are you talking about that can restore some of the spen functionality?

Thanks in advance.

1. Yes

2.
Quote:

Originally Posted by weehooherod2
1. S Pen works (try out the app Papyrus as a replacement to S Note, Papyrus does utilize the S Pen button as well).
2. Air View works (Go to settings, Language & input, check "Show icon when using stylus".
3. The S Pen button works (Go to settings, Language & input, Stylus gestures, those all use the s pen button).
4. Pop up browser = OverSkreen from the Google Play Store.
5. I use the 4.2 Camera on Touchwiz anyway. There are plenty of good camera apps in the market if you want more features.
6. Multiwindow, I don't know of an alternative. Onskreen's Cornerstone could surely do it!



---------- Post added at 11:06 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:54 PM ----------

I doubt some of that is accurate as it's from the CM thread, but the apps/workarounds are all there.

Code:
Stick it! (Pop-up Player)
MoboPlayer- It's another very capable, free video player with floating player functionality. Plus its free!
FloatNote
Memo
Papyrus Beta
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Ohh_Trenton For This Useful Post: [ View ]
2nd February 2013, 11:50 PM   |  #29  
Senior Member
Flag Chino Hills, CA
Thanks Meter: 24
 
192 posts
Join Date:Joined: May 2007
More
Re: [ROM][4.2.1][AOKP/CM] SCH-I605 Vanilla RootBox [2/1/13][v3.6][Per-App-DPI][PIE]
I love all these aosp builds especially this one I just wish the audio sounded better when making calls over bluetooh. .. is there any workaround to this?

Sent from my SCH-I605 using xda premium
Last edited by mrfuzzie23; 3rd February 2013 at 12:38 AM.
The Following User Says Thank You to mrfuzzie23 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
3rd February 2013, 12:18 AM   |  #30  
slick_rick's Avatar
OP Recognized Contributor
Immokalee/Tampa FL
Thanks Meter: 6,201
 
2,877 posts
Join Date:Joined: Sep 2011
Donate to Me
More
Re: [ROM][4.2.1][AOKP/CM] SCH-I605 Vanilla RootBox [2/1/13][v3.6][Per-App-DPI][PIE]
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrfuzzie23

I love ask these aosp builds especially this one I just wish the audio sounded better when making calls over bluetooh. .. is there any workaround to this?

Sent from my SCH-I605 using xda premium

Sorry its just a bug we have to deal with for now after the switch to the open source audio hal. Codeworkx and sbrissen will get to it when they can I'm sure.

Sent from my SPH-L900 using Tapatalk 2

The Following User Says Thank You to slick_rick For This Useful Post: [ View ]
Thread Closed Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes