Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,734,168 Members 51,198 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

HTC M4(News updated on #55) finally leaked news!

Tip us?

TheEndHK
Old
(Last edited by TheEndHK; 22nd April 2013 at 06:36 AM.)
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 286
Default HTC M4(News updated on #55) finally leaked news!

News updated on #55

http://www.gsmarena.com/htc_readying...-news-5462.php

4.3" 720P
2GB ram
1.2G S4 CPU(lol?)
16GB rom(still...)
13M cam f/2.0(same as M7)
720p front cam
LTE
1700mAH battery
Sense 5.0 on JB4.2

The CPU is same as One SV(down-clocked S4) but I doubt it very much because it would not make any existing One S customer to upgrade. So, I think the CPU should at least stay the same with One S(1.5G) or little faster(like 1.7G).

I think the LCD should change to SLCD2 this time instead of AMOLED Plus like One SV(4.3" SLCD2). I actually quite like AMOLED on phone because of perfect black but SLCD2(IPS) has better viewing experiences under sunlight which is more important to me. At the end, I don't care if it's still AMOLED or IPS, they both have pros and cons.

I have a high chance to get M4 because I don't want any size larger than 4.3". However, my One S is still lovely and used only 8 months.

http://www.phonearena.com/news/Sony-...camera_id39165
I may wait Sony and see, they are also going to out 4.0" ~ 4.3" 720P LTE with ExmorRS, Qualcomm MSM8960T Dual 1.7GHz with Adreno 320 GPU(I think M4 will use 8960T). Model name: C5302, C5303, C5306 (Code name:HuaShan).

Vauix
Old
Thanks Meter 75
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheEndHK View Post
4.3" 720P
2GB ram
1.2G S4 CPU(lol?)
16GB rom(still...)

The CPU is same as One SV(down-clocked S4) but I doubt it very much because it would not make any existing One S customer to upgrade. So, I think the CPU should at least stay the same with One S(1.5G) or little faster(like 1.7G).

I think the LCD should change to SLCD2 this time instead of AMOLED Plus like One SV(4.3" SLCD2). I actually quite like AMOLED on phone because of perfect black but SLCD2(IPS) has better viewing experiences under sunlight which is more important to me. At the end, I don't care if it's still AMOLED or IPS, they both have pros and cons.

http://www.phonearena.com/news/Sony-...camera_id39165
I may wait Sony and see, they are also going to out 4.0" ~ 4.3" 720P LTE with ExmorRS, Qualcomm MSM8960T Dual 1.7GHz with Adreno 320 GPU(I think M4 will use 8960T). Model name: C5302, C5303, C5306 (Code name:HuaShan).
Well I actually lover the cpu choice. Everything runs smooth on this cpu, and with a less heavy skinned Jb (sense 5) this will only improve. Every singel game runs brilliant. I don't think you will notice its downclocked on sense 5 and will bring a lot better battery life I gues.

The display in the one S is great. But when I hold it next to the One X or the SGIII or even the xperia T it really looks dreadfull. The colors and brightness seems fine but compared to these crisp screens it really falls out of the boat.

I'm wondering what the impact will be of a higher res lcd display on the 1.2ghz S4 though.

There are some Sony alternatives. Something I really like about those phones is the waterproof ones. But than again the Sony skin on these phones are just lame. All that grey bled stuff makes it really boring (and ugly), a funeral looks more cheerfull than that.

As I'm looking to replace my One S in march, my preference will still be the Xiaom MI-2.

---------- Post added at 02:12 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:02 PM ----------

And I cant edit my post because my post is to short (less than 2 characters) which its obviously not... So umh.. Yes the S4 Pro quad core is a lot more powerful without sacrificing a lot of battery, but comes with a price tag. And I think this phone will be launched as a sub-high-end alternative for the M7 (like the One S was with the one X).

TheEndHK
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 286
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vauix View Post
Well I actually lover the cpu choice. Everything runs smooth on this cpu, and with a less heavy skinned Jb (sense 5) this will only improve. Every singel game runs brilliant. I don't think you will notice its downclocked on sense 5 and will bring a lot better battery life I gues.
You can trick the Power Saving on in JB, it will limit both cores to 1134mhz max on One S to save battery.

yup, I spoke many times in this broad 720P is a lot better(I was own a Xperia S and that is only a suck TFT mon, not IPS). QHD resolution is really not enough for text reading though. 720P does drains more cpu power over QHD because more pixels to render on screen so it's questionable to make cpu slower while the device actually needs more cpu.

All 1080P devices go with quad-core because they need even more cpu power to render extra pixels. 8960T is just a dual core ver of 1.7G S4 but with a upgraded GPU(Adreno 320).

Closed Source Project
Old
Thanks Meter 358

DONATE TO ME
HTC is really slipping. Three is nothing good about this device. The one thing I hated most about this phone is the terrible memory and HTC made the same mistake again... Better off with the Samsung galaxy s4 or the next nexus device. I strongly recommend skipping any HTC device for a long time.

This is NOT an upgrade to the One S, it's a sad excuse.
Samsung Galaxy S 4 (JFLTETMO)
HTC One S (HTC Ville)
Google Nexus One (HTC Passion)
T-Mobile G1 (HTC Dream)
iPhone (3G)

Vauix
Old
Thanks Meter 75
Quote:
Originally Posted by Closed Source Project View Post
HTC is really slipping. Three is nothing good about this device. The one thing I hated most about this phone is the terrible memory and HTC made the same mistake again... Better off with the Samsung galaxy s4 or the next nexus device. I strongly recommend skipping any HTC device for a long time.

This is NOT an upgrade to the One S, it's a sad excuse.
Everyone has right on his own opinion, but I completely disagree with you with everything you just said.

I actually LOVE this device! the only thing i would change was the display. It shows quality all around. Incredible sound quality for both headphone and speaker, a slick (aluminum) design, great performance (was the best of its time) and a really really great camera. And although you can't fully unlock it and they released only a partial sourcecode doesn't mean its instantly trash.

Every single thing on the M4 is an upgrade for the One S, besides the CPU. And quite frankly I really don't see the use for a quadcore in a 4.3 inch phone with android 4.2. As the one S proved JB is buttery smooth on this chipset. Yes the IPS display will but its tax on the CPU, but with a lighter (and a lot lighter by the looks of the leaks) sense running on 4.2, I highly doubt you will notice it.

And yes I love the idea of the nexus serie and love the looks of stock android. But I never ever want it as a daily driver. It's just to formal and vannila for my taste. In the Gingerbread and ICS days i would have loved it because it was so much smoother than skinned phones. But JB brought a lot of chance in that, and the phone manufactures really stepped up there game with software development and drivers. Therefor a Nexus phone doesn't have any appeal for me AT ALL.
The Following User Says Thank You to Vauix For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

MrToastedAndroid
Old
Thanks Meter 78
Default Re: HTC M4(One S upgrade) finally leaked news!

Great! When this phone comes out, one s prices will drop!

Sent from my HTC Desire C using xda app-developers app

read this and this if you are new to the wonderful world of XDA

Goatshocker
Old
Thanks Meter 407
The specs looks quite ok... But wtf? 1.2Ghz cpu speed? WHY!? Ive downclocked my S to 1.2Ghz a few times to save battery, and the difference is very noticable in speed. The battery I save I lose right away when having to wait extra long for something to finish loading.
Quick ADB Pusher v0.5 (discontinued)
--------------------------------------------------------------------
Phone(ancient junk): ZTE Blade some CM11 build
Tablet 7": Novo 7 Basic running stock HC 3.2.1
Tablet 10": ASUS Transformer TF101 16GB running Team EOS nightly (build 26)

Phone(new): HTC One S S4 running Dark Jelly S CM10 build23
Phone(junk): Xperia P running resurrection remix or Honami MW
Phone(Newest): Galaxy S4 Mini running slimKat
-----
ლ(ಠ益ಠლ) Y U NO THANK ME? ლ(ಠ益ಠლ)

TheEndHK
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 286
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goatshocker View Post
The specs looks quite ok... But wtf? 1.2Ghz cpu speed? WHY!? Ive downclocked my S to 1.2Ghz a few times to save battery, and the difference is very noticable in speed. The battery I save I lose right away when having to wait extra long for something to finish loading.
Since every other mid-range phone is running S4 1.5G now, I don't think HTC will use 1.2G on their 2013 new phone. Sony's up coming mid-range will use MSM8960T 1.7G dual, I think HTC will just follow Sony.

TheEndHK
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 286
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vauix View Post
Everyone has right on his own opinion, but I completely disagree with you with everything you just said.
Hey, sorry to forget mention about Xiaom MI-2. We have many chances to use China smartphone/tablet here in Hong Kong. I've to say it depends on your usage.

They are general powerful on hardware and cheap at price because they cut the cost from software development. You have no chance to get a stock rom close to the HTC/Samsung/Sony level, don't even to think get as many updates as HTC. So, the performance totally depends by custom roms and flash rom is almost a necessary on China stuffs. I see Xiaom MI-2 got a dev broad on XDA now.

If you are going to use it with only some general apps and not a heavy usage user, the stock rom may works fine and China stuffs almost never come with google playstore and map and others google apps, you have to get root access and install them by yourself. Not sure about Xiaom MI-2.

slainbybeats
Old
Thanks Meter 74
Default AW: HTC M4(One S upgrade) finally leaked news!

I think apart from the weak cpu clockspeed(hopefully they will change to something like 1.5-1.7ghz), this phone is nice. But I think I am gonna keep my one S for this year and afterwards there will be new phones as well, so no need to buy one. One S is still just fine for everything.

Sent from my HTC One S using xda app-developers app
HTC ONE S//CyanogenMod 11//Android 4.4.2//TWRP