It looks like they realised their mistakes with the one S and X i.e. making the one S better on the whole and so this time are making sure that it won't happen again
The M4 is looking crap at the minute.
M7 looks fantastic, it is going to be between the M7, GS 4 and the google/motorola X phone. And the main deciding factors for me, will be:
- screen (preferably SAMOLED, could live with the M7 screen though)
- camera (want to see a big improvement in low lit shots and by the sounds of this new sensor/camera tech. in the M7, it should be very good, obviously the GS 4 will improve to and no idea about the X phone but supposedly it is using sony's new camera sensor so it should be very good)
- design (if the GS 4 has a similar design to the gs 3, then an instant no once again
- battery (think they are all going to be very good, GS 4 will probably be better and the X phone will be the best as motorola love to use huge batteries in their phones). The DNA has excellent battery life, better than one S, gs 3 so the m7 with a bigger battery and possibly improvements in sense V5 will be even better
- software skin (don't mind any of them except touchwiz but even if their crap stock apps still look disorganised and have no unified feel as well as a terrible colour scheme, it won't be much of a problem since Samsung devices are a heck of a lot easier to root and flash custom ROMs than htc. The X phone will apparently be stock android but with more features so much like the current RAZR devices software probably)
Regarding the design etc. of the M4, I think it looks fine, not as nice as the S but it looks a heck of a lot more ergonomic and curvy so should be nicer/more comfortable in the hand. Thickness is supposedly 9.8mm. The M7 looks the same (from the leaked shots) so perhaps it is due to the camera sensor that they are using.