[ROOT] Framaroot, a one-click application to root some devices
Here an one-click application to install Superuser and su binary on phone. Look at the compatibility lists below to see if this application can be useful for you.
Feedbacks on compatibility devices will be greatly appreciated in order to update the compatibility list.
Superuser and su binary include in application work from android 2 to 4.
!! Important !!
Success with this application void warranty on your device.
Read the FAQ before posting your question.
: Fix a bug in exploitation due to the different kernel data alignement between version and devices, so if exploits didn't work before it "may" work with this version if your device is vulnerable
: Add Gandalf exploit (potentially affect Qualcomm based devices, tested on Nexus 4, as always feedbacks are welcome)
: Add Aragorn and Legolas exploits (could affect wide range of samsung devices including non exynos devices, please give feedbacks for your devices. Thanks)
: Fix unroot bug. Improvements for exploitation. Embed SuperSU 1.25
: Add possibility to Install Superuser, Install SuperSU and Unroot
: Frodo exploit added
: Initial release
Compatibility for Qualcomm devices :
Compatibility for Samsung devices :
- Google Nexus 4
- LG L7 II P710/P714/P715
- LG Optimus L3 II
- Karbonn Titanium S5
- Huawei Honor Pro (U8950-1)
- Samsung Galaxy Win I8552
- BW T18+ (Fortis Evo)
- Orange Nivo
- Asus Padfone 1
- Waiting feedbacks ...
Compatibility for Exynos devices :
- Galaxy Young GT-S6312/GT-S6310
- Samsung Lightray SCH-R940
- Waiting feedbacks ...
Compatibility for Omap36XX devices :
- Samsung Galaxy S2 Epic 4G Touch - SPH-D710
- Samsung Galaxy S2 AT&T SGH-I777
- Samsung Galaxy S2 GT-I9100
- Samsung Galaxy S3 GT-I9300
- Samsung Galaxy S3 LTE GT-I9305
- Samsung Galaxy Note GT-N7000
- Samsung Galaxy Note 2 GT-N7100
- Samsung Galaxy Note 2 LTE GT-N7105
- Samsung Galaxy Note 8.0
- AT&T Galaxy Note 2 SGH-I317
- Verizon Galaxy Note 2 SCH-I605
- T-Mobile Galaxy Note 2 T-889
- Samsung Galaxy Camera EK-GC100
- Samsung Galaxy Tab Plus GT-P6210
- Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1 GT-N8000, GT-N8010, GT-N8013, GT-N8020
- iBerry Auxus CoreX2 3G and CoreX4 3G
Possible case once application is launched
- Motorola Droid X
- Droid 2 (a955)
- Droid 2 Global (a956)
- R2D2 (a957)
- Droid X (MB810)
- Cliq 2 MB611
- Archos Gen8
- Coolpad Quattro 4G
- LG P970 Optimus Black
- LG Marquee LS855
- Parrot ASTEROID Smart
Possible case once exploit is launched
- A popup saying "Your device seems not vulnerable to exploit included in Framaroot", in this case you can uninstall app
- You seeing one or more exploit name, also click on one after you have selected an action and you will see one of the above messages
Is framaroot work on my device ?
- "Success ... Superuser and su binary installed. You have to reboot your device"
- "Failed ... Exploit work but installation of Superuser and su binary have failed"
- "Half-Success :-/ ... system partition is read-only, use local.prop trick. Reboot your device and use adb to see if it run as root", happen when the filesystem in use on system partition is a read only filesystem (ex: squashfs)
- "Failed ... Try another exploit if available"
If your device is in the compatibility list above, the short answer is : yes.
If your device is not in the compatibility list and it embed one of the processor mentionned above, the answer is : try it and see.
Why framaroot doesn't root anymore after I update my device ?
Because framaroot exploit security holes present in several devices which has been patched with update you have done, so exploits can't root your device anymore. Framaroot's exploits have a very short life to keep your device "less exposed" to others malicious application. Keep in mind that framaroot is not a permanent rooting application.
I loose root after update, what I can do to root my device now ?
An advice : if you want to have a chance to keep root after update, don't update with Kies or ODIN for samsung devices or don't flash system partition, prefer OTA update and use OTA survival feature in Superuser or SuperSU.
And if you have no choice, you can use the traditional method : flash tools specific to your device
Will framaroot include more exploits ?
Yes, but don't ask when since I don't know myself, it depend of the vendors fix response.