Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required
Post Reply

Compiling frandom module for kernel 2.6.32.9

OP desalesouche

2nd February 2013, 10:31 PM   |  #1  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 2,304
 
2,130 posts
Join Date:Joined: Feb 2012
hi.
i would like to get some information about how to compile frandom module for my kernel.

here is the wiki... https://github.com/pier11/kernel_hua...hable-boot.img
and git https://github.com/pier11/kernel_huawei_u8220
so which command i should use ? (i ve been told ---> CONFIG_*=m)
and when ?
i have the frandom kernel module tarball. dl it here= http://billauer.co.il/frandom.html
do i have to extract it? in which directory?
thank you very much...
Last edited by desalesouche; 16th February 2013 at 01:49 PM. Reason: solved
11th February 2013, 11:10 AM   |  #2  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 2,304
 
2,130 posts
Join Date:Joined: Feb 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by desalesouche

hi.
i would like to get some information about how to compile frandom module for my kernel.

here is the wiki... https://github.com/pier11/kernel_hua...hable-boot.img
and git https://github.com/pier11/kernel_huawei_u8220
so which command i should use ? (i ve been told ---> CONFIG_*=m)
and when ?
i have the frandom kernel module tarball. dl it here= http://billauer.co.il/frandom.html
do i have to extract it? in which directory?
thank you very much...

as there is no teachers(for the moment) in that "university", i had to "harass" some regonized people from xda...(sorry for that)
and they kindly try to help me...
i had this kind of answer which i could do : i think that the following is to build the module included in the kernel..
Download Makefile, Kconfig, and frandom.c and put all three in your downloaded kernel source (drivers/char directory) overwriting any existing file.
this part is done...
but how to do that ? add FRANDOM=m to the kernel .config file ? and where is located that file?
Last edited by desalesouche; 11th February 2013 at 11:33 AM.
11th February 2013, 05:04 PM   |  #3  
pulser_g2's Avatar
Developer Admin / Senior Recognized Developer
Thanks Meter: 11,251
 
19,382 posts
Join Date:Joined: Nov 2009
More
2 minutes of googling suggests you take a look at these:

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1236576
http://yatsec.blogspot.co.uk/2011/01...om-kernel.html
The Following User Says Thank You to pulser_g2 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
12th February 2013, 10:49 PM   |  #4  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 2,304
 
2,130 posts
Join Date:Joined: Feb 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by pulser_g2

2 minutes of googling suggests you take a look at these:

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1236576
http://yatsec.blogspot.co.uk/2011/01...om-kernel.html

i have been googling far much more than 2 minutes and i already found these threads...but couldn't manage...
by egg with this one ...which contains error... http://yatsec.blogspot.co.uk/2011/01...om-kernel.html


PREPARING YOUR KERNEL SOURCE

First we must retrieve and copy the kernel config from our device.

Code:

$ cd /path/to/android-sdk/tools ----->ok
$ ./adk pull /proc/config.gz ----->not good! you have to make first $ adb devices in terminal....then $ adb pull /proc/config.gz

$ gunzip ./config.gz ----->ok
$ cp config /path/to/kernel/.config not working! ----> cp: cannot create regular file /path/to/kernel/.config : No such file or directory....
so what to do now?
how to solve this please? i will keep on googling to try to find out solution...any help is welcome
thank you
when i will finish my little project , i think that other people would benefit from that... i might make a how to .
for information ,i have been setting ubuntu 12.10 64 bits from this thread ---->http://soupdawg.wordpress.com/2012/1...-all-variants/

new link : http://nathanpfry.com/2014/02/07/how...e-android-roms
Last edited by desalesouche; 4th September 2014 at 01:50 PM.
13th February 2013, 12:38 PM   |  #5  
pulser_g2's Avatar
Developer Admin / Senior Recognized Developer
Thanks Meter: 11,251
 
19,382 posts
Join Date:Joined: Nov 2009
More
Re: [Q] Compiling frandom module for kernel 2.6.32.9
Quote:
Originally Posted by desalesouche

i have been googling far much more than 2 minutes and i already found these threads...but couldn't manage...
by egg with this one ...which contains error... http://yatsec.blogspot.co.uk/2011/01...om-kernel.html


PREPARING YOUR KERNEL SOURCE

First we must retrieve and copy the kernel config from our device.

Code:

$ cd /path/to/android-sdk/tools ----->ok
$ ./adk pull /proc/config.gz ----->not good! you have to make first $ adb devices in terminal....then $ adb pull /proc/config.gz

$ gunzip ./config.gz ----->ok
$ cp config /path/to/kernel/.config not working! ----> cp: cannot create regular file /path/to/kernel/.config : No such file or directory....
so what to do now?
how to solve this please? i will keep on googling to try to find out solution...any help is welcome
thank you
when i will finish my little project , i think that other people would benefit from that... i might make a how to .
for information ,i have been setting ubuntu 12.10 64 bits from this thread ---->http://soupdawg.wordpress.com/2012/1...-all-variants/


That's because you are meant to put in the path to your kernel, rather than literally /path/to/kernel...
13th February 2013, 03:21 PM   |  #6  
sgt. meow's Avatar
Recognized Contributor
Flag Dhaka
Thanks Meter: 2,834
 
4,346 posts
Join Date:Joined: Dec 2011
More
@OP
I know you sent me a PM, but it's better if I reply here.
THIS is what did it for me. Of course my goal wasn't achieved as the extraversion bit was wrong. The X8 is a tricky device.
And make sure to go through the whole thread first.
And also try to use the arm-eabi toolchain from CM as that one throws the least errors.
sgt. meow
15th February 2013, 06:52 PM   |  #7  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 2,304
 
2,130 posts
Join Date:Joined: Feb 2012
hi all. i manage to compile the module thanks to Blechd0se http://forum.xda-developers.com/member.php?u=4855459 i will soon edit the working how to kindly provided by him.
i thank all people who have been providing help and advices... and XDA
16th February 2013, 01:26 PM   |  #8  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 2,304
 
2,130 posts
Join Date:Joined: Feb 2012
here are the change provided by bledchOse to be able to compile the frandom module for my kernel. and little how to
1---> https://github.com/pier11/kernel_hua...hable-boot.img
2---> https://github.com/desalesouche/kernel_huawei_u8220
make the change in kernel before to build it ( change are in green)
3---> https://github.com/desalesouche/jord...235bdda7a87b5b
4---> Originally Posted by Blechd0se
" change CONFIG_FRANDOM=y to CONFIG_FRANDOM=m, it make you a nice and shiny *.ko file.
And if you already compiled your kernel its inside the kernel, no need to compile another module which does exactly the same and you can instead push your kernel to your device "
5 build the kernel and or module and finish to follow explanation of link 1...
you will find the frandom .ko under drivers/char/frandom/ where your kernel is located... copy it under system/lib/modules/ in your rom zip.
you will need a script to make it load:be activated at boot

Et voilą!!!
Last edited by desalesouche; 16th February 2013 at 01:48 PM.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to desalesouche For This Useful Post: [ View ]
2nd April 2013, 07:16 PM   |  #9  
jamieg71's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 7,541
 
3,005 posts
Join Date:Joined: Mar 2011
More
It's funny because it is true.....
Quote:
Originally Posted by pulser_g2

2 minutes of googling suggests you take a look at these:

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1236576
http://yatsec.blogspot.co.uk/2011/01...om-kernel.html

Had been researching kernel mods came across frandom, googled "frandom module".... Your post was number 2 result.... your first link was my answer.... I win! 5 seconds googling!!! Thank you sir!

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes