Question HTC M7 vs HTC DROID DNA...

3rd February 2013, 10:39 AM   |  #1  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 31

346 posts
Hellow Guys i want to ask... wats the diference? about the new M7? i mean the Screen is more smaller... and the CPU is 1.7Ghz... but as i know the QUalcom CPU that the Droid Dna have is the same and can be overlocked at 1.7Ghz.. because the CPU can Handle That the COmpany of HTC dow-clock the CPU of the HTC DROID DNA to 1.5GHz... when can Reach with no risk at 1.7Ghz... so wats the Difference the SCreen Density is 480Dpi and the M7 Screen Density is 460Dpi so? whts the Diferencie...

if the HTC M7 Uses the SAme CPU as the HTC DROID DNA (but the DNA is down-clock) whats the Big Deal About that? i mean... we can be at 1.7GHz with no problem on the HTC DROID DNA? i have been for 5 days using the 1.7GHz and in the GPU 487MHz... no probelms no SOD or reebots ... so whats the diference on the New HTC M7 on the HTC DROID DNA? if we can be at the same range ... because the hardware is the same...
3rd February 2013, 03:20 PM   |  #2  
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter: 2,233

5,296 posts
Donate to Me
More
I thought and don't quote me on this that the M7 has additional storage 32GB, a removable battery and an SD Card slot. All the stuff that the DNA is kinda lacking.
3rd February 2013, 03:40 PM   |  #3  
Thanks Meter: 8

81 posts
Being someone who just got the DNA, i kinda hope the m7 will have horrible battery life so i can still feel good about my phone lol.
The Following User Says Thank You to treahuggs For This Useful Post: [ View ]
3rd February 2013, 03:56 PM   |  #4  
San Diego
Thanks Meter: 1,042

2,677 posts
Re: Question HTC M7 vs HTC DROID DNA...
Quote:
Originally Posted by treahuggs

Being someone who just got the DNA, i kinda hope the m7 will have horrible battery life so i can still feel good about my phone lol.

It won't. It's going to have a 2300mah battery, so unless HTC makes a monumental mistake with Sense 5, it should have better battery life.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using xda premium
3rd February 2013, 05:20 PM   |  #5  
Flag Davis, CA
Thanks Meter: 331

742 posts
Donate to Me
More
Wow, that post was close to incomprehensible. The m7 is not a "droid" branded device, and will not be a flagship phone. Samsung has their s3 series, sure they make other phones, but the s3 line is their top product. For Htc, it is there incredible series, usually distinguished by the name, or the red highlighting. The dna is latest phone in that series of great phones.

The m7, while a capable device, is not in the same league as the dna. Regarding s-off, I assume you have not had Htc devices before. S-off always comes, and honestly it's really not that big of a deal anyway. Like others have mentioned, it only makes things slightly easier.

Good luck on your purchase

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using Tapatalk 2
3rd February 2013, 05:27 PM   |  #6  
Thanks Meter: 1

5 posts
Cloud Search
:@
3rd February 2013, 06:12 PM   |  #7  
Flag Spokane, Washington
Thanks Meter: 4,185

8,708 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Serinety

The m7 is not a "droid" branded device, and will not be a flagship phone.

Huh? The DNA/Butterfly is a regional interim release based on the One XL. The M7 will be HTC's "flagship" global phone to compete with the XZ, SGS4, and LG E940 and will include quad-band HSPA which the Butterfly intentionally did not. Here are features it's supposed to have (based on leaks) not in the DNA:
  • First use of SoLux display technology in a mobile device
  • 32GB+ internal storage
  • 2,300 mAh battery
  • 13MP Exmor RS camera sensor
  • First official use of Sense 5
It's supposed to follow Samsung's lead with the SGS3 and be released on multiple U.S. carriers without any changes (unlike the One XL, EVO 4G LTE) and Sprint's supposed to carry it so a CDMA version will exist. If VZW decides not to carry it then the DNA will remain the HTC "flagship" but only on VZW. There’s not one feature on the DNA that’s superior to the leaked specs of the M7. And while the M7’s display might be 3/10 of an inch smaller SoLux stands to set a new standard in brightness and outdoor usability. As it is, the DNA’s display is 30% dimmer than the OG One X.

If you’re on VZW wait until the HTC U.S. launch of the M7 on February 19th to see if their one of the carriers that’s going to carry it. If they don’t and you want an HTC device the DNA’s still a solid choice if you can live with the battery and storage constraints.
Last edited by BarryH_GEG; 3rd February 2013 at 07:20 PM.
The Following User Says Thank You to BarryH_GEG For This Useful Post: [ View ]
3rd February 2013, 06:36 PM   |  #8  
Thanks Meter: 531

2,373 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by BarryH_GEG

Huh? The DNA/Butterfly is a regional interim release based on the One XL. The M7 will be HTC's "flagship" global phone to compete with the XZ, SGS4, and LG E940 and will include quad-band HSPA which the DNA/Butterfly intentionally did not. Here are features it's supposed to have (based on leaks) not in the DNA:

• First use of SoLux display technology in a mobile device
  • 32GB+ internal storage
  • 2,300 mAh battery
  • 13MP Exmor RS camera sensor
  • First official use of Sense 5
It's supposed to follow Samsung's lead with the SGS3 and be released on multiple U.S. carriers without any changes (unlike the One XL, EVO 4G LTE) and Sprint's supposed to carry it so a CDMA version will exist. If VZW decides not to carry it then the DNA will remain the HTC "flagship" but only on VZW. Thereís not one feature on the DNA thatís superior to the leaked specs of the M7. And while the M7ís display might be 3/10 of an inch smaller SoLux stands to set a new standard in brightness and outdoor usability. As it is, the DNAís display is 30% dimmer than the OG One X.

If youíre on VZW wait until the HTC U.S. launch of the M7 on February 19th to see if their one of the carriers thatís going to carry it. If they donít and you want an HTC device the DNAís still a solid choice if you can live with the battery and storage constraints.

The DNA has quad band hspa...

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using xda app-developers app
3rd February 2013, 06:52 PM   |  #9  
Flag Spokane, Washington
Thanks Meter: 4,185

8,708 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigandrewgold

The DNA has quad band hspa...

The J Butterfly/Butterfly which are the generic versions of the DNA sold everywhere directly by HTC do not. All of HTC's "flagships" that they've sold directly globally do.

Global Butterfly

Global One X+

3rd February 2013, 07:03 PM   |  #10  
Thanks Meter: 531

2,373 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by BarryH_GEG

The J Butterfly/Butterfly which are the generic versions of the DNA sold everywhere directly by HTC do not. All of HTC's "flagships" that they've sold directly globally do.

Global Butterfly

Global One X+

ok... I never said the butterfly had it, I was just commenting on the fact that you were wrong on stating that the dna does not have quad band hspa

The Following User Says Thank You to Bigandrewgold For This Useful Post: [ View ]
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread