Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,780,834 Members 50,901 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Question HTC M7 vs HTC DROID DNA...

Tip us?

Dri94
Old
Thanks Meter 559

DONATE TO ME
Default Re: Question HTC M7 vs HTC DROID DNA...

Quote:
Originally Posted by globalgpj View Post
Boy, you would think they would have checked that one out after their last experience and the iphone4 which did tarnish their reputation after users found that signals were being lost and calls dropping out, left, right and center. And that was only for a metal side strip that was interferring with the radios. That would be disaterous for a struggling HTC.

Thanks for pointing this out. I will definetely be waiting for users reviews before taking the plunge on this one, which I was very keen to do so.
All you guys need do to get signal on a phone is cough up forty dollars for a bumper case. And remember if it still doesn't work. Your holding it wrong

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

WizeGuyDezignz
Old
Thanks Meter 1,004

The people who don't think the One is a significant upgrade are in severe denial. Which often happens when you buy a phone that you are stuck with for 2 years. You need to keep telling yourself everything else isn't much better. It's just the way humans and the brain work.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using xda premium

Bigandrewgold
Old
Thanks Meter 531

Quote:
Originally Posted by WizeGuyDezignz View Post
The people who don't think the One is a significant upgrade are in severe denial. Which often happens when you buy a phone that you are stuck with for 2 years. You need to keep telling yourself everything else isn't much better. It's just the way humans and the brain work.

It's obviously better than the dna, but its really not that significant of an upgrade to the dna.

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using xda app-developers app

WizeGuyDezignz
Old
Thanks Meter 1,004

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigandrewgold View Post
It's obviously better than the dna, but its really not that significant of an upgrade to the dna.

How so? Better cpu, better screen (supposedly), more storage, bigger battery, better camera (supposedly) and better software/ui (supposedly), better build quality (supposedly) and it looks sexier. Isn't that most of what makes up a phone?

I'm just bummed it's not coming for Verizon. I would have been all over it.

atishpatel2012
Old
Thanks Meter 21
Great device, and if you are not using Verizon, then you should totally get that over DNA. It is a great improvement. I personally would have liked a smaller 4.7" device, but ah well, stuck with Verizon. I'll probably get the DNA, but a bunch of phones are coming out soon like the G4 in a month or so.

Bigandrewgold
Old
Thanks Meter 531

Quote:
How so? Better cpu, better screen (supposedly), more storage, bigger battery, better camera (supposedly) and better software/ui (supposedly), better build quality (supposedly) and it looks sexier. Isn't that most of what makes up a phone?

Yes, but all those things are just a little better. And sense 5 will come to the dna, so that's bit really an advantage.

Ndaoud360
Old
Thanks Meter 164

Quote:

Screen is the same but just higher ppi but won't be a visual difference you can spot. Also processor won't make a difference you can notice because there both real fast. Better software yes but were probably getting that via port. Better sound yes but with xloud and volume+ on the market they can really amp up your speakers quite nicely. Camera is not that much better. My friend got a test unit some how and we compared a picture we took and DNA was better but maybe because it was a test unit but still.

Yes everything is technically an upgrade in specs but most you won't notice a difference for most except for possible camera and sound.

rfarrah
Old
Thanks Meter 325
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ndaoud360 View Post
Screen is the same but just higher ppi but won't be a visual difference you can spot. Also processor won't make a difference you can notice because there both real fast. Better software yes but were probably getting that via port. Better sound yes but with xloud and volume+ on the market they can really amp up your speakers quite nicely. Camera is not that much better. My friend got a test unit some how and we compared a picture we took and DNA was better but maybe because it was a test unit but still.

Yes everything is technically an upgrade in specs but most you won't notice a difference for most except for possible camera and sound.

...... and the look is NOT sexier than the DNA. (IMHO)
Now test-driving the Awesome LG G3

jerrickdamon
Old
Thanks Meter 25

From what I've seen of the M7 I can tell I wouldn't like it at all...the tiling and live background would be annoying. The specs look great, don't get me wrong, the UI looks like scrap though. I'm pretty damn satisfies with the DNA and wouldn't trade it for anything.

irockthebear
Old
(Last edited by irockthebear; 25th February 2013 at 06:50 AM.)
Thanks Meter 3
Quote:

The M7 will prally suck Vs S4 software & hardware... it doesn't even have wireless charging. +1 for DNA

I think the bezel on the DNA is thinner which is a plus for me.

Everything else is just slightly better M7.... If I could choose one or the other (for no cost) I would take the M7 but not worth it to upgrade.

IMHO the DNA looks more badass, the M7 looks more refined.