Retired Forum Moderator
Flag Raleigh
Thanks Meter: 2,939

5,639 posts
More
Re: Question HTC M7 vs HTC DROID DNA...
Quote:
Originally Posted by BarryH_GEG

Huh? The DNA/Butterfly is a regional interim release based on the One XL. The M7 will be HTC's "flagship" global phone to compete with the XZ, SGS4, and LG E940 and will include quad-band HSPA which the DNA/Butterfly intentionally did not. Here are features it's supposed to have (based on leaks) not in the DNA:

• First use of SoLux display technology in a mobile device
  • 32GB+ internal storage
  • 2,300 mAh battery
  • 13MP Exmor RS camera sensor
  • First official use of Sense 5
It's supposed to follow Samsung's lead with the SGS3 and be released on multiple U.S. carriers without any changes (unlike the One XL, EVO 4G LTE) and Sprint's supposed to carry it so a CDMA version will exist. If VZW decides not to carry it then the DNA will remain the HTC "flagship" but only on VZW. Thereís not one feature on the DNA thatís superior to the leaked specs of the M7. And while the M7ís display might be 3/10 of an inch smaller SoLux stands to set a new standard in brightness and outdoor usability. As it is, the DNAís display is 30% dimmer than the OG One X.

If youíre on VZW wait until the HTC U.S. launch of the M7 on February 19th to see if their one of the carriers thatís going to carry it. If they donít and you want an HTC device the DNAís still a solid choice if you can live with the battery and storage constraints.

Totally true. The M7 will absolutely be a flagship device on every carrier its launched on.....at least until the snapdragon 800 SoCs arrive in phones by mid year...

M7 should be launched in march I believe and looks to have the 600 series SoC probably... Given Rajs discussion of it being in hands of consumers earlier...

Sent from my EVO using Tapatalk 2
3rd February 2013, 07:21 PM   |  #13  
Flag Spokane, Washington
Thanks Meter: 4,286

8,828 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigandrewgold

ok... I never said the butterfly had it, I was just commenting on the fact that you were wrong on stating that the dna does not have quad band hspa

I corrected it.
3rd February 2013, 07:22 PM   |  #14  
San Diego
Thanks Meter: 1,090

2,787 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Serinety

Wow, that post was close to incomprehensible. The m7 is not a "droid" branded device, and will not be a flagship phone. Samsung has their s3 series, sure they make other phones, but the s3 line is their top product. For Htc, it is there incredible series, usually distinguished by the name, or the red highlighting. The dna is latest phone in that series of great phones.

The m7, while a capable device, is not in the same league as the dna. Regarding s-off, I assume you have not had Htc devices before. S-off always comes, and honestly it's really not that big of a deal anyway. Like others have mentioned, it only makes things slightly easier.

Good luck on your purchase

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using Tapatalk 2

Lol.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using xda premium
3rd February 2013, 07:28 PM   |  #15  
Thanks Meter: 531

2,373 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Serinety

Wow, that post was close to incomprehensible. The m7 is not a "droid" branded device, and will not be a flagship phone. Samsung has their s3 series, sure they make other phones, but the s3 line is their top product. For Htc, it is there incredible series, usually distinguished by the name, or the red highlighting. The dna is latest phone in that series of great phones.

The m7, while a capable device, is not in the same league as the dna. Regarding s-off, I assume you have not had Htc devices before. S-off always comes, and honestly it's really not that big of a deal anyway. Like others have mentioned, it only makes things slightly easier.

Good luck on your purchase

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using Tapatalk 2

Wow. I like my DNA as much as the next guy, but the m7 is definitely an all around better specced device.

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using xda app-developers app
3rd February 2013, 08:19 PM   |  #16  
Beating up dumbbells
Thanks Meter: 604

1,971 posts
How much more of a difference does 280mAmps make with the M7's battery?
3rd February 2013, 08:29 PM   |  #17  
San Diego
Thanks Meter: 1,090

2,787 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by orangechoochoo

Isn't it almost 300mah more?

Edit: I meant 300 lol

You're right about 280. It will make some difference but not night and day.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using xda premium
Last edited by WizeGuyDezignz; 3rd February 2013 at 08:46 PM.
3rd February 2013, 08:47 PM   |  #18  
Beating up dumbbells
Thanks Meter: 604

1,971 posts
2300 v 2020.
3rd February 2013, 09:04 PM   |  #19  
Flag Spokane, Washington
Thanks Meter: 4,286

8,828 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by orangechoochoo

It's 12% larger. The wildcard is how much energy the SoLux display consumes. In non-mobile applications it's twice as efficient as incandescent bulbs. It's never been used in a mobile device before so all 12% of the extra battery life could be used by the display or it could consume half the energy of existing displays furthering the M7's battery life. We'll have to wait until it gets tested to know the impact.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sgt. slaughter

M7 should be launched in march I believe and looks to have the 600 series SoC probably... Given Rajs discussion of it being in hands of consumers earlier...

Itís supposed to be released Q1 and it would be fantastic for HTC if they could score being the launch customer with the M7. The XZ is using the same SoC as the DNA/Butterfly and Iíd guess LGís 1080P device will too. 600 will be far more effective against Exynos Octa. Hereís an interesting article where Qualcommís CEO describes what Samsungís trying to do with Octa and why.

http://www.unwiredview.com/2013/01/1...blicity-stunt/
3rd February 2013, 09:06 PM   |  #20  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 31

346 posts
So whats the amswer of my qiestion about ot jave thw aame stuff thw only diferrence is thw camera

Sent from my HTC Droid DNA using xda premium

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread