Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,808,106 Members 41,966 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

64gb mciroSD cards??

Tip us?

Ghostly00
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Default 64gb mciroSD cards??

I saw an earlier thread about the class 10 card having issues.

I was wondering if the class 6 card is fine then. seen a few on ebay.

I just got the RAZR HD LTE and looking at getting a microsd card for it, preferably the 64gb.

thanks

saloums7
Old
Thanks Meter 41
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghostly00 View Post
I saw an earlier thread about the class 10 card having issues.

I was wondering if the class 6 card is fine then. seen a few on ebay.

I just got the RAZR HD LTE and looking at getting a microsd card for it, preferably the 64gb.

thanks
I have a class 10 32gb Patriot microSDHC in there and I have absolutely no issues with it. Class 6 should be fine too!

TRF-Inferno
Old
Thanks Meter 42
I have a 64 GB Sandisk MicroSDXC card and haven't had any issue. I supposed it's the way it's formatted?

hth715
Old
Thanks Meter 0
I have a class 10 64 gb Sandisk SDXC and am using it with no issues. $60 at Microcenter.

Mr. Jones
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Got my class 10 64gb card during the holidays for $40 from amazon. Pretty good prices today also. No issues at all. Ever.

Around $45 today.

Ghostly00
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
One of the lucky few with good 64 gb sd cards or are people just panicking online?

g1701gst
Old
Thanks Meter 1
I have not had any issues with my SanDisk class 10 64GB card in my RHD, just had to format the card. I bought this card from amazon in Oct for $44.
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B009QZH6JS/

superbrowndude
Old
Thanks Meter 16
Default Re: 64gb mciroSD cards??

I bought a scan disk of Amazon and got it a week ago, I put it in my phone and formatted it. It seems to work fine, I also transfered about 20gigs worth of stuff from my computer to the new card. So far so good.

Sent from my XT925 using xda app-developers app
:Having a Fast Honda is like coming out the closet,you surprise everyone at first,but in the end your still gay:
Rogers X10 Wolfbreak/Razr XT910 Just Rooted 4now !

DrunkenFerret
Old
Thanks Meter 3
From what I understand the problem was with 32gig class 10 Micro SD cards on windows 7 and a few specific android devices and did not blanket a large selection.
I only have a 8 gig class 4 in mine for the moment, but I doubt you'll have problems with a 64gig class 10.

Scourge1024
Old
Thanks Meter 18
So, maybe I'm the only one with issues? My SD card will work fine for days at the moment. However, when I start downloading multiple torrents at a time on my phone, my phone would no longer see my SD card after awhile.

Previous setup: 64GB microSD formatted as FAT32. After awhile, my card would stop working properly and I'd have tons of corrupt files. Even files I had not touched.
Current setup: 64GB microSD formatted as NTFS (mounted using Paragon NTFS & HFS+). Card would still crap out if I downloaded multiple torrents. Seems more stable when I have one active torrent at a time. But now, when my card craps out, my files are still good and my filesystem is intact.