Cyngn, OnePlus, Micromax – The Legal Battle

Recently, a battle has been waging in India over the rights to distribute the commercial … more

Lean Mean Battery Power Saving App Review

We talk a lot about battery topics here at XDA TV. We talk about everything from Power Banks to USB … more

Android 5.1 Possibly Coming February 2015

Google released Android 5.0 just over a month ago, and since then Lollipop has been trying to … more

Double Tap to Wake on the Nexus 6 Without Root

A few weeks ago, we featured an app which allowed the Nexus 6 to regain the double tap to wake … more

Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

64gb mciroSD cards??

OP Ghostly00

3rd February 2013, 06:22 PM   |  #1  
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 1

39 posts
I saw an earlier thread about the class 10 card having issues.

I was wondering if the class 6 card is fine then. seen a few on ebay.

I just got the RAZR HD LTE and looking at getting a microsd card for it, preferably the 64gb.

thanks
4th February 2013, 12:02 AM   |  #2  
Flag Montreal
Thanks Meter: 41

246 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghostly00

I saw an earlier thread about the class 10 card having issues.

I was wondering if the class 6 card is fine then. seen a few on ebay.

I just got the RAZR HD LTE and looking at getting a microsd card for it, preferably the 64gb.

thanks

I have a class 10 32gb Patriot microSDHC in there and I have absolutely no issues with it. Class 6 should be fine too!
4th February 2013, 02:13 AM   |  #3  
Flag Carrollton, TX
Thanks Meter: 42

169 posts
More
I have a 64 GB Sandisk MicroSDXC card and haven't had any issue. I supposed it's the way it's formatted?
4th February 2013, 04:34 PM   |  #4  
Thanks Meter: 0

4 posts
I have a class 10 64 gb Sandisk SDXC and am using it with no issues. $60 at Microcenter.
5th February 2013, 03:01 AM   |  #5  
Thanks Meter: 0

3 posts
Got my class 10 64gb card during the holidays for $40 from amazon. Pretty good prices today also. No issues at all. Ever.

Around $45 today.
5th February 2013, 05:01 PM   |  #6  
OP Member

39 posts
One of the lucky few with good 64 gb sd cards or are people just panicking online?
5th February 2013, 06:12 PM   |  #7  
Colorado

20 posts
More
I have not had any issues with my SanDisk class 10 64GB card in my RHD, just had to format the card. I bought this card from amazon in Oct for $44.
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B009QZH6JS/
28th February 2013, 03:38 PM   |  #8  
Brampton
Thanks Meter: 16

273 posts
More
Re: 64gb mciroSD cards??
I bought a scan disk of Amazon and got it a week ago, I put it in my phone and formatted it. It seems to work fine, I also transfered about 20gigs worth of stuff from my computer to the new card. So far so good.

Sent from my XT925 using xda app-developers app
5th March 2013, 03:17 PM   |  #9  
Flag ithaca ny
Thanks Meter: 3

33 posts
More
From what I understand the problem was with 32gig class 10 Micro SD cards on windows 7 and a few specific android devices and did not blanket a large selection.
I only have a 8 gig class 4 in mine for the moment, but I doubt you'll have problems with a 64gig class 10.
11th March 2013, 10:31 AM   |  #10  
Flag Sherwood Park, AB
Thanks Meter: 20

214 posts
More
So, maybe I'm the only one with issues? My SD card will work fine for days at the moment. However, when I start downloading multiple torrents at a time on my phone, my phone would no longer see my SD card after awhile.

Previous setup: 64GB microSD formatted as FAT32. After awhile, my card would stop working properly and I'd have tons of corrupt files. Even files I had not touched.
Current setup: 64GB microSD formatted as NTFS (mounted using Paragon NTFS & HFS+). Card would still crap out if I downloaded multiple torrents. Seems more stable when I have one active torrent at a time. But now, when my card craps out, my files are still good and my filesystem is intact.

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread