News from tmobile tech
Here's some news. Talked to a tech today for awhile resolving an account issue. During our conversation I asked about deployment plans. Here is the top five things they said they're doing:
1. Rolling out LTE upgrades to current 4g towers. Which may cause temporary service loss of data.
2. Upgrading all towers along the interstate system in their current footprint to hspa and to LTE in larger cities with 4g already deployed.
3. LTE will roll out in large cities with 4g first that have completed upgrades.
4. Metropcs lte towers may be given greenlight for us to roam on until the switchover (which is contrary to previous statements)
5. Acquire more 1900mhz and AWS spectrum for more buildouts of hspa and LTE.
They're also looking at possibly doing unlimited data with tether soon. But no word on pricing or availability.
Sent from my SGH-T889