Android 5.0 Lollipop in 3D–EVO 3D, That Is!

It is that time of the year once again. Flowers bloom (or snow falls, depending on which … more

Gaming Console with Lollipop? Ouya Gets an Android TV Port

Android is a very flexible platform, and it can be used on a large variety of … more

Android App Review: Manage Your Connections Automagically – XDA TV

Material Design is all the buzz in the Android world right now. … more

Official TWRP Recovery Lands on Micromax Canvas Magnus

With the recent release of Android One, Micromax and MediaTek released fully buildable … more

Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

Wireless charging probkems

OP jas1784

5th February 2013, 05:12 AM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0

21 posts
Hey guys just wanted to share some of my frustrations. First off I love this phone and HTC products but I have the worst luck. I've had the DNA since release day as well as the nokia wireless charger. My first phone stopped charging via the wireless charger 3 weeks in. I tried switching power outlets and a master reset and the phone would still not charge from the pad. Took it in to a Verizon store and tested it on a known good wireless charger and would not charge so they sent me a replacement. That phone worked fine till a few days ago when it stopped charging from the wireless charger. I contacted Verizon and they sent me a replacement wireless charger and I tried it out today and it still won't charge. They are sending me out a replacement phone which is nice. I called HTC about my problem and told them everything that had happened and the woman told me that they don't support wireless charging, that it was third party, and as long as it charged from the wall there was nothing that could be done. Are any of you guys having problems like me?
Sent from my HTC6435LVW using xda app-developers app
5th February 2013, 06:45 AM   |  #2  
Tampa
Thanks Meter: 72

513 posts
More
Re: Wireless charging probkems
Quote:
Originally Posted by jas1784

Hey guys just wanted to share some of my frustrations. First off I love this phone and HTC products but I have the worst luck. I've had the DNA since release day as well as the nokia wireless charger. My first phone stopped charging via the wireless charger 3 weeks in. I tried switching power outlets and a master reset and the phone would still not charge from the pad. Took it in to a Verizon store and tested it on a known good wireless charger and would not charge so they sent me a replacement. That phone worked fine till a few days ago when it stopped charging from the wireless charger. I contacted Verizon and they sent me a replacement wireless charger and I tried it out today and it still won't charge. They are sending me out a replacement phone which is nice. I called HTC about my problem and told them everything that had happened and the woman told me that they don't support wireless charging, that it was third party, and as long as it charged from the wall there was nothing that could be done. Are any of you guys having problems like me?

I too am having intermittent problems. I assumed it was the nokia fatboy

5th February 2013, 08:08 PM   |  #3  
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter: 2,280

5,314 posts
Donate to Me
More
Sounds to me like the girl from HTC doesn't know what she's talking about how could they not support wireless charging when its built into the phone? That makes no sense.
5th February 2013, 08:39 PM   |  #4  
Thanks Meter: 29

95 posts
Been using the DNA about 2 months using the LG wireless charger provided at Verizon stores with no problems at all so far and I only used the wall charger 3-4 times.

Could be an issue with the nokia charger causing the issue? I guess if that is the case we should see more complaining eventually.
6th February 2013, 03:04 PM   |  #5  
Thanks Meter: 16

20 posts
I have had one replacement phone so far because wireless charging quit working. I too have been using the nokia 900. First phone quit charging wirelessly after 3 wks from release day. Had second phone since, still using same wireless charger and no more problems so far. Hope it stays that way!
6th February 2013, 04:37 PM   |  #6  
Thanks Meter: 2

38 posts
More
I'm having a similar issue. I have the Nokia Fatboy pillow and used the charging with no problem for a few weeks. After that the phone recognizes the charger once I put it down but some random amount of time after that, it says it was disconnected and just stops charging until I pick it up and put it back on again. Very frustrating but noticed that it started right after I rooted my phone but not sure how that could be related.
27th February 2013, 05:53 PM   |  #7  

92 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by tuxly

I have had one replacement phone so far because wireless charging quit working. I too have been using the nokia 900. First phone quit charging wirelessly after 3 wks from release day. Had second phone since, still using same wireless charger and no more problems so far. Hope it stays that way!

This makes me feel better. I just bought the nokia dt-900 and my DNA was cycling between charging/disconnected. Went to VZW, tested my cell on another Qi charger and they are sending me a new DNA. Hope this does the trick.
1st March 2013, 12:32 PM   |  #8  
Thanks Meter: 5

31 posts
I;m having no problems with charging with the orb. It's pretty awesome.
4th March 2013, 06:54 PM   |  #9  

92 posts
More
Got my replacement DNA, wireless charging now works perfectly.
26th March 2013, 12:15 AM   |  #10  
Flag rochester
Thanks Meter: 282

938 posts
More
kernel issue??
I know that zarboz' beastmode kernel just addressed many wireless charging issues, if you wanna check that out.

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread