Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,729,823 Members 52,104 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Wireless charging probkems

Tip us?

jas1784
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default Wireless charging probkems

Hey guys just wanted to share some of my frustrations. First off I love this phone and HTC products but I have the worst luck. I've had the DNA since release day as well as the nokia wireless charger. My first phone stopped charging via the wireless charger 3 weeks in. I tried switching power outlets and a master reset and the phone would still not charge from the pad. Took it in to a Verizon store and tested it on a known good wireless charger and would not charge so they sent me a replacement. That phone worked fine till a few days ago when it stopped charging from the wireless charger. I contacted Verizon and they sent me a replacement wireless charger and I tried it out today and it still won't charge. They are sending me out a replacement phone which is nice. I called HTC about my problem and told them everything that had happened and the woman told me that they don't support wireless charging, that it was third party, and as long as it charged from the wall there was nothing that could be done. Are any of you guys having problems like me?
Sent from my HTC6435LVW using xda app-developers app

Ajj915
Old
Thanks Meter 72
Default Re: Wireless charging probkems

Quote:
Originally Posted by jas1784 View Post
Hey guys just wanted to share some of my frustrations. First off I love this phone and HTC products but I have the worst luck. I've had the DNA since release day as well as the nokia wireless charger. My first phone stopped charging via the wireless charger 3 weeks in. I tried switching power outlets and a master reset and the phone would still not charge from the pad. Took it in to a Verizon store and tested it on a known good wireless charger and would not charge so they sent me a replacement. That phone worked fine till a few days ago when it stopped charging from the wireless charger. I contacted Verizon and they sent me a replacement wireless charger and I tried it out today and it still won't charge. They are sending me out a replacement phone which is nice. I called HTC about my problem and told them everything that had happened and the woman told me that they don't support wireless charging, that it was third party, and as long as it charged from the wall there was nothing that could be done. Are any of you guys having problems like me?
I too am having intermittent problems. I assumed it was the nokia fatboy

zone23
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 1746
Sounds to me like the girl from HTC doesn't know what she's talking about how could they not support wireless charging when its built into the phone? That makes no sense.

SwordOfWar
Old
Thanks Meter 29
Been using the DNA about 2 months using the LG wireless charger provided at Verizon stores with no problems at all so far and I only used the wall charger 3-4 times.

Could be an issue with the nokia charger causing the issue? I guess if that is the case we should see more complaining eventually.

tuxly
Old
Thanks Meter 16
I have had one replacement phone so far because wireless charging quit working. I too have been using the nokia 900. First phone quit charging wirelessly after 3 wks from release day. Had second phone since, still using same wireless charger and no more problems so far. Hope it stays that way!

dossa002
Old
Thanks Meter 2
I'm having a similar issue. I have the Nokia Fatboy pillow and used the charging with no problem for a few weeks. After that the phone recognizes the charger once I put it down but some random amount of time after that, it says it was disconnected and just stops charging until I pick it up and put it back on again. Very frustrating but noticed that it started right after I rooted my phone but not sure how that could be related.

rabnud
Old
Thanks Meter 16
Quote:
Originally Posted by tuxly View Post
I have had one replacement phone so far because wireless charging quit working. I too have been using the nokia 900. First phone quit charging wirelessly after 3 wks from release day. Had second phone since, still using same wireless charger and no more problems so far. Hope it stays that way!
This makes me feel better. I just bought the nokia dt-900 and my DNA was cycling between charging/disconnected. Went to VZW, tested my cell on another Qi charger and they are sending me a new DNA. Hope this does the trick.
HTC DNA - Viper 3.5
Nexus 7 - Stock
HTC Thunderbolt - retired
HTC Flyer - lying unused on desk
Asus TF300 - Rooted, Rom'd and still slow

msturner79
Old
Thanks Meter 2
I;m having no problems with charging with the orb. It's pretty awesome.

rabnud
Old
Thanks Meter 16
Got my replacement DNA, wireless charging now works perfectly.
HTC DNA - Viper 3.5
Nexus 7 - Stock
HTC Thunderbolt - retired
HTC Flyer - lying unused on desk
Asus TF300 - Rooted, Rom'd and still slow

-DroidIsDNA-
Old
Thanks Meter 222
Default kernel issue??

I know that zarboz' beastmode kernel just addressed many wireless charging issues, if you wanna check that out.