Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,736,007 Members 40,462 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Droid DNA boot animation

Tip us?

Hussainally
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 28
Default Droid DNA boot animation

Could someone please post a zip file of the stock boot animation. Would really appreciate it. Cheers

Sent from my Nexus 7 using xda app-developers app

uppon2
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 1169
Here. This recovery flashable zip can be used for multi purpose. In this instance It's packaged with the Droid DNA boot animations including the HTC bootdown. If you want to remove the HTC bootdown then you can simply "open" the zip I have provided (open not extract) by using 7zip which is free to download while you're inside the zip, navigate to system/customize/resource and you will see both animations in there. Delete downanimation.zip if all you want is the Droid bootanimation.

From here if you do get bored of the Droid animation then you could put any other compatible bootanimation.zip and it will change it as long as you don't change the spelling. It has to be bootanimation.zip you can also add any apk file (apps) you have by navigating to system/app placing the apk file in this loacation. Saves a lot of time if you don't want to stuff around with a root explorer. Close the zip after you're done and there you have it.
Attached Files
File Type: zip Bootanimations + Apps.zip - [Click for QR Code] (2.83 MB, 606 views)
The more you sweat in training the less you bleed in battle
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to uppon2 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

docfong
Old
Thanks Meter 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by uppon2 View Post
Here. This recovery flashable zip can be used for multi purpose. In this instance It's packaged with the Droid DNA boot animations including the HTC bootdown. If you want to remove the HTC bootdown then you can simply "open" the zip I have provided (open not extract) by using 7zip which is free to download while you're inside the zip, navigate to system/customize/resource and you will see both animations in there. Delete downanimation.zip if all you want is the Droid bootanimation.

From here if you do get bored of the Droid animation then you could put any other compatible bootanimation.zip and it will change it as long as you don't change the spelling. It has to be bootanimation.zip you can also add any apk file (apps) you have by navigating to system/app placing the apk file in this loacation. Saves a lot of time if you don't want to stuff around with a root explorer. Close the zip after you're done and there you have it.
Thanks! Does anyone have the sound file as well?

docfong
Old
Thanks Meter 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by docfong View Post
Thanks! Does anyone have the sound file as well?
Nevermind, I got it from a system dump. Here you go OP drop these in the SYSTEM->CUSTOMIZE->RESOURCE folder and change permissions

You will have to rename the txt to mp3 before you move it on the device
Attached Files
File Type: zip vzw_bootup.zip - [Click for QR Code] (3.03 MB, 345 views)
File Type: txt Droid_DLX_Eye_Animation_Sound_Design_9.21.12.txt - [Click for QR Code] (139.0 KB, 425 views)
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to docfong For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

TheCrow1372
Old
Thanks Meter 330
Default Re: Droid DNA boot animation

Quote:
Originally Posted by docfong View Post
Nevermind, I got it from a system dump. Here you go OP drop these in the SYSTEM->CUSTOMIZE->RESOURCE folder and change permissions

You will have to rename the txt to mp3 before you move it on the device
Are these all I need and I'll get the bootanimation plus sound, I'm on Viper 2.0 ROM and have changed the bootanimations several times but want the Droid DNA bootanimation with sound?

Thanks

Sent from my HTC One S using xda premium
Google Nexus 4

mk20051
Old
Thanks Meter 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheCrow1372 View Post
Are these all I need and I'll get the bootanimation plus sound, I'm on Viper 2.0 ROM and have changed the bootanimations several times but want the Droid DNA bootanimation with sound?

Thanks

I still am not getting sound on my Droid DNA with the files. Is there anything we have to do special with the sound file other than change it to mp3 before putting it in the same folder as the bootanimation?

TheCrow1372
Old
Thanks Meter 330

Quote:
Originally Posted by mk20051 View Post
I still am not getting sound on my Droid DNA with the files. Is there anything we have to do special with the sound file other than change it to mp3 before putting it in the same folder as the bootanimation?
I guess they've abandoned this thread, no response in awhile??:thumbdown:

Google Nexus 4

Hussainally
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 28

Haven't tried it yet bro... I am liking the viper boot animations so forgot about this... Have to wait for the owners who put up the files above

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using xda app-developers app

code_monkey74
Old
Thanks Meter 27
I flashed this but I don't get the boot animation. all i get is a white htc screen. I'm on Virtuous rom.

SCRIPTAX2000
Old
Thanks Meter 3

Well ask to the hatka team, they have the stock file in zip, and flash it, or tool rom box maybe have it i am not sure

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using xda app-developers app