If anyone is interested, on cacofonix3's request I have build an *experimental* and *untested* recovery and ROM for the A800 based on the P700i_ROW_S107
(the S107 hints it is probably pretty much the same as the Russian one mentioned above)
- I do not have this phone, so I am not sure if it is a working ROM, I cannot test myself. It either works, or it does not.
- If you never done flashing before, don't try this, leave it to the experienced people to test first.
- Make sure you have the original ROM to go back to, like this one
- Never flash preloader / uboot / mbr / ebr
- A800 has different partition table. Never use a scatter file for a different ROM.
- First flash the recovery using the v3.1238 flash tool
, and see if that works
- Put the ROM on the SD card
- Next boot into recovery and use that to flash the ROM.
- Also advised to wipe cache and data after flashing
- I do not have this phone, so I am not sure if it is a working ROM, I cannot test myself
The ROM is essentially the one described here
, but with a800 kernel/modules/firmware and also a v0.01 marker to clearly indicate 'beta'.
The A800 is pretty similar as the P700i, except higher resolution, one button less, uses the MT6577T rather than MT6577, and I suspect uses the MT6628 rather than MT6620 radio subdie. As a result, when flashing this ROM, one of the following may happen:
- It does not work at all : solution flash factory ROM again
- GSM may not work : solution flash factory ROM again. OR: The GPS may work and also pick up Galileo...
- GPS/Wifi/BT may not work : we may work around this by swapping out some libraries. Or: The GPS may work and also pick up Galileo...
- Icons may appear smaller : should be OK, as it is a bigger schreen.
- 4th button is missing: Use buttonsavior as workaround for the recent apps button.
ROM and recovery can be downloaded here
. Flash tool and USB driver from here