Tip us?

modstorm
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 882

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by mimahitna View Post
Is it possible to make the status bar transparent or make it an option in the settings ?
It is currently an option through Simplistic Control, but you have to purchase the app :/

Quote:
Originally Posted by AleRock94 View Post
Hi modstorm, thank you for the ROM. It's really what I've been waiting for since I bought my Note II. I just have some questions for you:

1. Can you please remove Simplistic Framework and put it as a separate add-on for the ones who want it? I don't really like it and don't want to buy the Control app to remove the default options set.
2. Samsung camera has a far superior quality than the stock one... and it has no bugs. Can you add it as the default one, or an addon?
3. I know that AOSP Gallery and Camera are put together into one apk. Can you try to separate them, so that we can have AOSP Gallery (far better than Samsung's one) and Samsung's Camera (better than the AOSP one).
4. Can you provide separate zips to flash the Samsung's apps replaced, if someone wants them?

Thank you very much in advance, keep up the good work.
I could remove Simplistic Framework however that creates the problem of less features in the rom :/ Apart from that Simplistic Framework requires a different theme, so I would be forced to maintain two themes at the same time which is a bit of a problem as I also have to work on SuitUP and I'm still a student so I don't have that much time :/ I'm starting to agree on the Camera, and might replace the AOSP camera with a themed Samsung Camera in the future. However I'll try to see if it's possible to get a separate AOSP gallery as I really dont like the Samsung Gallery :P I was also thinking of putting an Aroma installer with the Samsung Apps, so I'll keep that in mind

Thanks for the suggestions
The Following User Says Thank You to modstorm For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Austin3161337
Old
Thanks Meter 36
Messaging app crashes when starting again have to use stock one from samsung
Devices:
Current:
HTC One M8 - Rooted S-OFF
Samsung Galaxy S5 - Stock

Retired:

Samsung Galaxy Note II , Rooted - Phoenix ROM
Samsung Galaxy SII - AOKP 4.2.2 Rooted
Samsung Galaxy SIII - Stock Not Rooted
HTC Evo 3D GSM x515M - AOKP (Unofficial) 4.2.2 Rooted S-OFF
Samsung Galaxy tab 2 7.0 - CM-10.1-4.2.2 Rooted

zidane
Old
Thanks Meter 20
aroma installer with all samsungs apps listed as an option would be best

modstorm
Old
(Last edited by modstorm; 5th February 2013 at 02:55 PM.)
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 882

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by Austin3161337 View Post
Messaging app crashes when starting again have to use stock one from samsung
Sorry I forgot to mention it in the main post, however it is recommended that you wipe before installation as it can create some problems. If you don't want to wipe try deleting the mmssms.db file from data/data/com.android.providers.telephony/databases/. (This wipes your messages so make a backup)

Quote:
Originally Posted by zidane View Post
aroma installer with all samsungs apps listed as an option would be best
Will do that as soon as I get some time

Austin3161337
Old
Thanks Meter 36
Yup doing that fixed my messaging bug,Thanks just 1 q any chance of getting capture sound on the stock camera?
Devices:
Current:

Retired:

zidane
Old
Thanks Meter 20
this would be a nice app to add instead of the aosp mms
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2092836
The Following User Says Thank You to zidane For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

B3311
Old
Thanks Meter 525
Default Re: [ROM][XXDMA6][5 Feb] Project AOSP v1 | AOSP Theme | AOSP Apps | Slim

Quote:
Originally Posted by modstorm View Post
SNote is included As for the camera it should work well that way

Haven't tested it yet however I plan on updating SuitUP soon and I will include 2 versions of it, one especially for ProjectAOSP which will include the inverted AOSP Apps It might work atm however you might get some problems, especially with the messaging app and the dialler.

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Tapatalk 2
Tried SuitUp, got a boot loop - first ever on this device. Am staying with Dualcore and SuitUp for now because of my intense hatred of that ICS blue. Ready to try again when you do your two versions. Keep up the great work

Austin3161337
Old
Thanks Meter 36
Guys trying to get Samsung camera apk and stock samsung video player in this rom ( I have both apk's) anyone knows how do i get it to work on this rom ? Everytime i install it it gives APK Failed to install.
Devices:
Current:

Retired:

AleRock94
Old
Thanks Meter 18
Can you provide a zip to have stock Samsung's overscroll glow? I found the AOSP one to be very invadent!

Anyway, have a look at this ROM: http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1847600
I used it on my SII and it was the perfect combination: real AOSP framework and look (which means real CM dithering available!), some AOSP apps + some Samsung's indispensable app (which would be S Note, Camera, S-Pen settings, etc... for us).
I think you should try to focus on a project like this one. It will surely be successful!
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to AleRock94 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Dai323
Old
Thanks Meter 374
Default Re: [ROM][XXDMA6][5 Feb] Project AOSP v1 | AOSP Theme | AOSP Apps | Slim

Quote:
Originally Posted by Austin3161337 View Post
Guys trying to get Samsung camera apk and stock samsung video player in this rom ( I have both apk's) anyone knows how do i get it to work on this rom ? Everytime i install it it gives APK Failed to install.
You can't just install the apk. You need to use a file manager to push the apk to system-apps. Set permissions, reboot, and your good to go.

Sent from my Galaxy Note 2

---------- Post added at 04:25 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:21 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by AleRock94 View Post

Anyway, have a look at this ROM: http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1847600
I used it on my SII and it was the perfect combination: real AOSP framework and look (which means real CM dithering available!), some AOSP apps + some Samsung's indispensable app (which would be S Note, Camera, S-Pen settings, etc... for us).
I think you should try to focus on a project like this one. It will surely be successful!
WOW. That ROM looks SICK! Wondering if such a port is possible on the Note2 (I imagine getting spen to work properly would be very difficult).

Impressive stuff!

Sent from my Galaxy Note 2

The Following User Says Thank You to Dai323 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]