Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,737,173 Members 41,029 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[ROM] Unofficial Linaro CM 10.1 + Bionic Nightlies *Tutorial Compile yourself!!*

Tip us?
 
xtcme
Old
#21  
Member
Thanks Meter 8
Posts: 74
Join Date: Dec 2012
Loving this ROM, just flashed 2/18 gonna give it some time tonight. Using Francos' latest kernel
With this mod is bliss so far.
 
xtcme
Old
#22  
Member
Thanks Meter 8
Posts: 74
Join Date: Dec 2012
Any notes on 2/19 just Bluetooth fix? Just curious
 
trailblazerz11
Old
#23  
trailblazerz11's Avatar
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1337
Posts: 1,236
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Hong Kong
Default Re: [ROM][KANG] Linaro CM 10.1 + Bionic *2/19 Nightly 4.2.2*

Quote:
Originally Posted by xtcme View Post
Any notes on 2/19 just Bluetooth fix? Just curious
Just cm changes. No fix on Bluetooth, seems specific for limaro or O3 so a bit difficult to track down bug. use the fix for now

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk HD
Device: neXus 5
Rom:AOSP
Kernel:Franco

In Christ Alone..
 
trailblazerz11
Old
#24  
trailblazerz11's Avatar
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1337
Posts: 1,236
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Hong Kong
2/21 - Just a sync with CM. (Sorry haven't had much time to look at bluetooth issue)
Downloads are now hosted by goo.im (consider supporting them!!) The dev-mirrior might not be as up to date now though
Device: neXus 5
Rom:AOSP
Kernel:Franco

In Christ Alone..
 
eug89
Old
#25  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 84
Posts: 280
Join Date: Sep 2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by trailblazerz11 View Post
2/21 - Just a sync with CM. (Sorry haven't had much time to look at bluetooth issue)
Downloads are now hosted by goo.im (consider supporting them!!) The dev-mirrior might not be as up to date now though
Building without the -O3 compiler flags fixes bluetooth in my builds. I'll see if we loose something in terms of performance but I don't think so, sparksco don't use those flags in his roms for example.
 
trailblazerz11
Old
#26  
trailblazerz11's Avatar
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1337
Posts: 1,236
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Hong Kong
Default Re: [ROM][KANG] Linaro CM 10.1 + Bionic *2/21 Nightly 4.2.2*

Quote:
Originally Posted by eug89 View Post
Building without the -O3 compiler flags fixes bluetooth in my builds. I'll see if we loose something in terms of performance but I don't think so, sparksco don't use those flags in his roms for example.
Thanks perhaps just disable some flags on bluetooth. Will try later

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk HD
Device: neXus 5
Rom:AOSP
Kernel:Franco

In Christ Alone..
 
eug89
Old
#27  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 84
Posts: 280
Join Date: Sep 2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by trailblazerz11 View Post
Thanks perhaps just disable some flags on bluetooth. Will try later

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk HD
Yeah, probably it's just a matter of adding LOCAL_CFLAGS := -O2 in the bluedroid makefile. Best thing would be to find out exactly what is the optimization flag included in -O3 that breaks it and disable just that... If you want to try these are the flags that are enabled with -O3 that are not included in -O2: -finline-functions, -funswitch-loops, -fpredictive-commoning, -fgcse-after-reload, -ftree-vectorize, -fvect-cost-model, -ftree-partial-pre and -fipa-cp-clone. I'm not sure but if you want to disable just one flag you should add a -fno in front of the flag, for example:
LOCAL_CFLAGS += -fno-inline-functions to disable -finline-functions.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to eug89 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
 
trailblazerz11
Old
(Last edited by trailblazerz11; 22nd February 2013 at 02:40 PM.)
#28  
trailblazerz11's Avatar
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1337
Posts: 1,236
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Hong Kong
There was a bug in 2/22 with titanium backup not opening at all. Pulled the file and compiling hopefully fix.

Edit: Fixed. New builds have already been uploaded in place
Device: neXus 5
Rom:AOSP
Kernel:Franco

In Christ Alone..
 
eug89
Old
(Last edited by eug89; 22nd February 2013 at 10:41 PM.)
#29  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 84
Posts: 280
Join Date: Sep 2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by trailblazerz11 View Post
There was a bug in 2/22 with titanium backup not opening at all. Pulled the file and compiling hopefully fix.

Edit: Fixed. New builds have already been uploaded in place
I just noticed my last build has the same problem with Titanium, what was the problem?

edit: nevermind, made a new build and problem solved

For the bluetooth issue you can just add a -O2 in external/bluetooth/bluedroid/main/Android.mk in LOCAL_CFLAGS +=
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to eug89 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
 
trailblazerz11
Old
(Last edited by trailblazerz11; 23rd February 2013 at 02:57 PM.)
#30  
trailblazerz11's Avatar
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1337
Posts: 1,236
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Hong Kong
Quote:
Originally Posted by eug89 View Post
I just noticed my last build has the same problem with Titanium, what was the problem?

edit: nevermind, made a new build and problem solved

For the bluetooth issue you can just add a -O2 in external/bluetooth/bluedroid/main/Android.mk in LOCAL_CFLAGS +=
Bluetooth works for me in 2/23 Thansks ^^
Device: neXus 5
Rom:AOSP
Kernel:Franco

In Christ Alone..

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes