HTC One x+ HDMI out?

Search This thread

gavin watson

Feb 24, 2008
Hampshire
Hi all,

Does the HTC One X+ allow HDMI video out?

I can only find info on the other X models, but none specify the X+?

If anyone has done this, can you share the product that allows it? I would like it for not only photos/videos but ideally also for apps.

Thanks in advance for sharing.

Jeklund

Nov 28, 2012
Winnipeg
I bought a $5 MHL cord off ebay and it works fine with my phone. Just look on ebay for MHL cord and you will find it easily.

Reactions: zec1

gavin watson

Feb 24, 2008
Hampshire
Hi. Yes, that one works great. No setup, just plugged it in and it immediately replicated my phones screen on my TV. No setup. Just plug and play.

struff

May 5, 2007
I was just about to order one of those but then I wondered about an adapter that outputs to RCA plugs for older TVs. Can anyone recommend one?
Thanks.

baste07

Jun 22, 2009
Manila
can i assume that the hdmi cable from samsung will work with HOX+? considering they both have micro USB port

Jaapie91

Mar 18, 2008
Does this include audio transmission?

Sent from my HTC EVARE_UL using Tapatalk 2

Does it include audio transmission AND/OR may transmit Dolby or AC3 sound?

I've never tested audio yet (i connect it to a pc monitor without sound), but when I connect I've no audio on my speaker so i assume that the audio is passed to the hdmi instead of the speaker.

I will test it as soon as I've access to a screen with audio. Will also test dolby pass trough, but that would probably require some advanced players that support it.

Reactions: BelleauCarl

Jaapie91

Mar 18, 2008
I've never tested audio yet (i connect it to a pc monitor without sound), but when I connect I've no audio on my speaker so i assume that the audio is passed to the hdmi instead of the speaker.

I will test it as soon as I've access to a screen with audio. Will also test dolby pass trough, but that would probably require some advanced players that support it.

Ok I've tested it now.
Audio works, but only stereo. The only app that i found that did support some audio output options was xbmc and that app said that it could not find any pass-trough device so could not enable that.

The only question that remains if it support multi-channel audio over hdmi (lpcm), unfortunately I cannot check this one as I do not have a receiver with hdmi input (only toslink)

I hope this answer was helpful for you.

BTW i tested with this cable: http://dx.com/p/micro-usb-to-1080p-hdmi-mhl-adapter-for-htc-evo-3d-samsung-i9100-i9108-more-black-156900

Reactions: old_benj

pvitruvian

Jan 23, 2011
www.club-toyota.com.ar
Mhl works perfect in almost any stock rom

Sent from my HTC One X+ using xda app-developers app

---------- Post added at 10:26 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:06 PM ----------

Sorry, I meant Sense ROM

Sent from my HTC One X+ using xda app-developers app

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I bought a $5 MHL cord off ebay and it works fine with my phone. Just look on ebay for MHL cord and you will find it easily.
    Does this include audio transmission?

Sent from my HTC EVARE_UL using Tapatalk 2

Does it include audio transmission AND/OR may transmit Dolby or AC3 sound?

Ok I've tested it now.
    Audio works, but only stereo. The only app that i found that did support some audio output options was xbmc and that app said that it could not find any pass-trough device so could not enable that.

The only question that remains if it support multi-channel audio over hdmi (lpcm), unfortunately I cannot check this one as I do not have a receiver with hdmi input (only toslink)

I hope this answer was helpful for you.

BTW i tested with this cable: http://dx.com/p/micro-usb-to-1080p-hdmi-mhl-adapter-for-htc-evo-3d-samsung-i9100-i9108-more-black-156900