Thanks Meter 182
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Mount Vernon, IA,USA
DONATE TO ME
[FIX] Mac address fix (Until new builds are done)
How to fix your MAC address
Currently, all of the mac addresses are something starting with f0.
All the Kindle Fire 2s using CM10.1 now have the same exact MAC address. This can cause some issues and overall, it's better to fix it, even if you don't have 2 Kindle's on the same network.
Hashcode is going to include a fix in the next update, but until then, follow this guide!
**You can do this from the desktop script, or by downloading the file to your device (I find it best to open the thread on the Kindle and download it directly that way) and using the terminal emulator to run the follow code**
- Download this
- In the Terminal Emulator, type:
mount -o remount,rw /system
- rm /system/etc/firmware/ti-connectivity/wl1271-nvs.bin
- rm /system/bin/fix-mac.sh
- Copy that file to /system/bin now either using cp /sdcard/Download/fix-mac.sh /system/bin/fix-mac.sh (or similar terminal command) or using your favorite file explorer (I recommend root explorer)
chmod 755 /system/bin/fix-mac.sh
- Download and run this, seriously, that's it.
This is simply my guide, main credit for the fix goes to Hashcode
. I told him about the MAC addresses needing to be fixed, and I helped with getting it fixed, but he did most of what needed to be done.
~Re-Formatted by iytrix
FMKilo @ forum.xda-developers
freenode irc #kf2-dev