LG G3 Receives Oversharpening Fix via Modified Kernel

Nothing is perfect, as they say. No matter how alluring or seemingly perfect, … more

APKTool Updated with Android Lollipop Support

One of the beauties of Android is the level of flexibility we have over our devices. Whether … more

Lollipop Leak for Sprint Galaxy S5, TWRP for Micromax Canvas Magnus – XDA TV

Android 5.0 Lollipop has been leaked for the Sprint … more

Velocity is Like OpenTable on Steroids

We all enjoy a night out with friends or our significant other from time to time. However, there is … more

Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

TI OMAP Drivers (now with 4470)

OP Woonder.ua

6th February 2013, 09:54 AM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 6

6 posts
I modified a little bit omap_winusb.inf file for existing TI OMAP Drivers and now it supports OMAP4470 CPU too.

I just added only some lines for OMAP4470 device ID like:
Code:
%USB_OMAP4470% = USB_Install, USB\Vid_0451&Pid_d012
This driver can be installed on Windows x86 and x64 as well. I hope it will help somebody to make an unbricker for my Kindle Fire HD 8.9 (now it can be detected only like an OMAP4470 device).

Drivers attached to this post.
Attached Files
File Type: zip omap_winusb.zip - [Click for QR Code] (4.59 MB, 4294 views)
Last edited by Woonder.ua; 6th February 2013 at 09:59 AM.
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Woonder.ua For This Useful Post: [ View ]
6th February 2013, 02:07 PM   |  #2  
Thanks Meter: 9

84 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Woonder.ua

I modified a little bit omap_winusb.inf file for existing TI OMAP Drivers and now it supports OMAP4470 CPU too.

I just added only some lines for OMAP4470 device ID like:

Code:
%USB_OMAP4470% = USB_Install, USB\Vid_0451&Pid_d012
This driver can be installed on Windows x86 and x64 as well. I hope it will help somebody to make an unbricker for my Kindle Fire HD 8.9 (now it can be detected only like an OMAP4470 device).

Drivers attached to this post.

Do you know how to use this driver mode?
adb code ? or fastboot code?
6th February 2013, 02:54 PM   |  #3  
OP Junior Member

6 posts
I know that this driver can be used in download mode (for example, to load external boot via USB cable and fix internal one). However I don't know how to use it programmatically.
6th February 2013, 03:18 PM   |  #4  
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter: 1,060

2,469 posts
More
Just a guess it`s for usb boot just like in the usage for firekit for the first gen kindle.
6th February 2013, 03:31 PM   |  #5  
OP Junior Member

6 posts
Exactly. However, I know no one tool, which can be applicable to flash OMAP4470 device in Windows. May be OMAPflash tool can do this, but I don't know how.
6th February 2013, 03:49 PM   |  #6  
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter: 1,060

2,469 posts
More
I wonder if there a chance of a windows based firekit for second gen devices. Although sadly windows is very crappy with these sort of applications, drivers and such.
6th February 2013, 04:48 PM   |  #7  
OP Junior Member

6 posts
I don't think so, because I know a lot of android devices on another processors, which supports flashing through download mode in Windows, even Samsung Galaxy Nexus (edition with OMAP processor). For example, my primary smartphone is JIAYU G2 based on MTK6577, and it can be flashed through download mode with battery removed - MediaTek distributes firmware tool for vendors only, but it was spread to destination users extremely fast because vendors don't want to make their own flash tools for fastboot/adb mode. So, I think it is possible indeed, but we need a right tool for flashing. And I know that Texas Instruments has such tool, but it is distributed only for device manufacturer.
The Following User Says Thank You to Woonder.ua For This Useful Post: [ View ]
13th February 2013, 06:46 PM   |  #8  
Thanks Meter: 1

21 posts
Re: TI OMAP Drivers (now with 4470)
I was goijg through firekit and found that there is binary named usbboot
Since I have no experience with original kindle I little bit skeptical about this binary
Is it provided by amazon/ti
Or is it built by pokey
In any ways is there same binary or method to boot KHFD 8.9

Sent from my GT-N7100 using xda app-developers app
13th February 2013, 10:56 PM   |  #9  
Retired Forum Moderator
Flag Austin, TX
Thanks Meter: 2,412

4,020 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by kanchan.n.mahajan

I was goijg through firekit and found that there is binary named usbboot
Since I have no experience with original kindle I little bit skeptical about this binary
Is it provided by amazon/ti
Or is it built by pokey

usbboot website

Quote:
Originally Posted by kanchan.n.mahajan

In any ways is there same binary or method to boot KHFD 8.9

Quoted from a PM...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pokey9000

When the OMAP USB boots, it first waits a bit to handshake with a host. If the handshake is successful, the host sends a small loader to the OMAP that then does some hardware init and handshakes again with the host to get a payload to shove into RAM. This loader is similar to x-loader in that it has to be small enough to fit in the SRAM of the OMAP, and does low level initialization like mux, clock, and memory setup. However it differs in that it replaces the MMC and FAT handling in x-loader with USB loading as there's not enough room for a generic x-loader that does MMC and USB.

On HS OMAPs, this initial USB loader payload must be signed just like x-loader has to be for eMMC boot. If the payload doesn't have a signature that checks out, the OMAP halts until it's reset. This is enforced by hardware, so short of finding a sploit in the OMAP ROM code or a copy of Amazon's USB boot tools used in factory it's not going to work.

In short...no.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to soupmagnet For This Useful Post: [ View ]
2nd April 2013, 05:15 PM   |  #10  
Thanks Meter: 9

84 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by soupmagnet

usbboot website

Quoted from a PM...

In short...no.

Do you know how to download usbboot?
and how to use it???

Thanks!

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread