Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,731,698 Members 49,441 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

LTE in Kuwait

Tip us?

mssidah
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Question LTE in Kuwait

Folks,

Please take a Min and help a me out. Me and wife are currently stationed and residing in Kuwait. Kuwait launched 4G LTE service late last year. The LTE network runs on 1800MHz band 3. the same Band as Telstra Australia, and O2 Germany. i have tired almost everything to get my LTE working, yet no luck. Now, the service run on the Iphone 5 and my LTE USB dongle with no problems.

List of things i tried.

1- flashed the following firmware
a- JB Telstra Australia
b- JB Orange France- LTE ON
c- JB SFR France- LTE ON
d- JB Retail Brazilian

Currently running JB O2 Germany

2- tired the service menu to switch to LTE and that didn't work.

3- Attempted to change the band but unable to select or change.

4- the SIM card work fine on the Iphone, so no sim issue

5- The service is activated
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_2013-02-06-19-36-52[1].jpg
Views:	1263
Size:	20.1 KB
ID:	1708900   Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_2013-02-06-19-37-19[1].jpg
Views:	478
Size:	37.8 KB
ID:	1708901   Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_2013-02-06-19-55-53[1].jpg
Views:	469
Size:	20.9 KB
ID:	1708902  

mssidah
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Sorry i think i posted in the wrong section. please move to the correct area

saloums7
Old
Thanks Meter 39
Default Re: LTE in Kuwait

4G isn't really LTE. Since you said it uses the same band as used the other 2 providers you should be able to access LTE by flashing the correct radios or the whole rom & using an LTE sim

Sent from my XT925
Current devices : Sony Xperia Z1, Motorola RAZR HD XT925, Samsung Galaxy Note 8 Wifi
Past devices : Motorola RAZR XT910

Skrilax_CZ
Old
Recognized Developer
Thanks Meter 1340

DONATE TO ME
Also O2 Germany has 800/2600 bands. From which carrier did you purchase your phone?
PRIVATE MESSAGES regarding firmwares / support will NOT BE ANSWERED!

Motorola Photon Q
Bootloader: 10.9B
Firmware: CM 11.0

Motorola Droid MAXX
Bootloader: 30.B0
Firmware: Stock 4.4

Acer Iconia A500
Bootloader: V9 0.03.14-MUL (dualboot + recovery + extfs boot + bootmenu)
Android: TegraOwnders JB-MR1 v13
LUbuntu: 13.04

2nd-init for Locked Bootloaders

Acer Iconia A500 / A501 Patched Bootloader Thread

Motorola Phones Stock Firmwares

You may donate me if you like my work.

mssidah
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skrilax_CZ View Post
Also O2 Germany has 800/2600 bands. From which carrier did you purchase your phone?
Roger/Fido Canada. the device is not branded
thund3rbay Old
(Last edited by thund3rbay; 7th February 2013 at 01:10 PM.)
Thanks Meter
This phone don't have the 1800 MHZ band ... only 700/1700 mhz band There are two different phone ! One for north america ! One for the rest of the world ! This is just not a baseband question or rom problem... i have post it on many topic but many people think this is the same phone the Fido/Rogers support LTE in 700/1700 band .. and support only hspa to 21mbits ( no DC-HSPA up to 42mbits like others country ! )
Sorry ! You never get LTE !

mssidah
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by o2qc418 View Post
This phone don't have the 1800 MHZ band ... only 700/1700 mhz band There are two different phone ! One for north america ! One for the rest of the world ! This is just not a baseband question or rom problem... i have post it on many topic but many people think this is the same phone the Fido/Rogers support LTE in 700/1700 band .. and support only hspa to 21mbits ( no DC-HSPA up to 42mbits like others country ! )
Well. this just sucks big time!!!!! im glad someone have an answer after all

UserDemos
Old
Thanks Meter 22
Just a quick thought. Did you check with your provider for a separate LTE APN?

I would probably be running the Telestra ROM to check this. Make sure your service menu reads "LTE/GSM/WCDMA". You can't select bands, but make sure it is "Automatic (2G/3G/4G)".

Looks like your phone should have the one that looks like "action.wataniya.com" (http://10.wataniya.com/customercare/...ult_en_gb.aspx). Perhaps, also give them a call to check whether their site is up-to-date and this is the correct APN for their LTE network. Also, check your wife's phone. Is she using the same APN?

Just trying to help you troubleshoot.

---------- Post added at 12:38 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:33 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by o2qc418 View Post
Can you provide documentation? Motorola's site seems to suggest there is only one version based on their technical certifications. Which "model" are you using if I may ask. If you're using the "800/1800/2600" version, would you mind giving me the information on the back of your phone so I can dig up some info (FCC ID, Type, and IC ID). This will help look up documents in their technical specifications to confirm two models or more, if they exist.

It seems weird that Motorola would issue a XT926 just for a CDMA and only ONE XT925 number for multiple models (some of which do run CDMA)? It doesn't make sense from a business perspective either. Why produce many different GSM models, when you can produce one and alter the firmware (if for example it doesn't sell in Australia, flash a new ROM, repackage it, and ship it to Canada).

Just my two cents. If you have any of that info, PM me. I'd love to look into it.
The Following User Says Thank You to UserDemos For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

mssidah
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by UserDemos View Post
Just a quick thought. Did you check with your provider for a separate LTE APN?

I would probably be running the Telestra ROM to check this. Make sure your service menu reads "LTE/GSM/WCDMA". You can't select bands, but make sure it is "Automatic (2G/3G/4G)".

Looks like your phone should have the one that looks like "action.wataniya.com" (http://10.wataniya.com/customercare/...ult_en_gb.aspx). Perhaps, also give them a call to check whether their site is up-to-date and this is the correct APN for their LTE network. Also, check your wife's phone. Is she using the same APN?

Just trying to help you troubleshoot.

---------- Post added at 12:38 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:33 PM ----------

Can you provide documentation? Motorola's site seems to suggest there is only one version based on their technical certifications. Which "model" are you using if I may ask. If you're using the "800/1800/2600" version, would you mind giving me the information on the back of your phone so I can dig up some info (FCC ID, Type, and IC ID). This will help look up documents in their technical specifications to confirm two models or more, if they exist.

It seems weird that Motorola would issue a XT926 just for a CDMA and only ONE XT925 number for multiple models (some of which do run CDMA)? It doesn't make sense from a business perspective either. Why produce many different GSM models, when you can produce one and alter the firmware (if for example it doesn't sell in Australia, flash a new ROM, repackage it, and ship it to Canada).

Just my two cents. If you have any of that info, PM me. I'd love to look into it.

Sir- I want to point out that wataniya is not the provider for the LTE in Kuwait. I had I different SIM card when I took the screenshots. In fact itís a US AT&T sim that roaming on Wataniya Telcom in Kuwait. The LTE provider in question is Zain Kuwait https://www.kw.zain.com/kw/af/home.do?lang=en . plus I have tried the Telestra firmware and used the correct APN for zain; the same APN I used on the iPhone 5 and the USB dongle. To add, I tried using the LTE/GSM/WCDMA, LTE/WCDMA, and LTE alone options and had it at automatic (2G/3G/4G When I set it at only LTE I lose single completely. The other options allow me 3G H+ only.

UserDemos makes a lot of sense! There are only two modles out there. The 926 and 925. I believed that 925 can run on LTE 700 / 800 / 1700 / 1800 / 2600 as advertised by Moto. She I donít know where the problem is? Anyways the info as showen in the back of the phone are Model XT925 FCCID: IHDT56NG9 TYPE:M0D46 IC ID:109O-T56NG9 . and the BIG CE number is CE0168.

Thanks for not giving up

Power_Getter
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Yes I confirmed that you bought the wrong phone.
This what happened to me. I'm in Etisalat 4G, so if you want razr hd with enabled 4G lte you should buy it from Australia or UK.
I recommend Clove or Handtec the release date after 2 days.