Therefore I decided to make my own. I learned the basics of Android development and spent 2 months developing "Simplest Reminder". I was working on and off and only during my free time which was just a few hours a day at most.
Without further delay I present my first android application
It is available for free, with NO ads, in the Play Store:
Here are the screenshots:
If you notice any issues please let me know instead of leaving 1 star review. I will get back to you and solve the issue ASAP.
If you can think of any improvements don't hesitate to post them here.
Again, app is available for free without any ads here
UPDATE, May 22: I now have a donation version of my application in store. It is located here: Simplest Reminder (Donate)
If you like my application please consider buying the "donate version". Both apps have the same features so buying my app ($ 0.99) is just a way of saying Thank You for my hard work.
UPDATE, October 16 2013: Donate version has just became PRO version with new, exciting features based on user feedback. Simplicity has not been compromised but functionality has been greatly improved.
It is available at the same URL: Simplest Reminder Pro so that anybody who donated to me gets free upgrade. Thanks to the bunch of you who supported me with nice words and especially those who bought my app! I hope you all enjoy the new features
Here is a list of new features in the Pro version:
- Recurring reminders. Choose between daily, weekly, monthly, or annually
- Pop Up dialog. This can be disabled in Settings
- Self-repeating reminders. Reminder will repeat itself every 10 minutes so you don't miss it. This can be disabled or interval can be changed in Settings
- LED light notifications. This can also be disabled in Settings
- Swipe notification away to delete reminder. This can also be disabled in Settings
- Swipe notification away to dismiss recurring reminder
- Help screen
- Improved user interface and performance
UPDATE, October 17: APK for free version uploaded as per user request. This is for people who can't use Google Play for any reason.
UPDATE, October 18: Version 1.8 of the Simplest Reminder Free has been released. I refreshed the looks to be as nice as the look in the Pro version. I updated the screenshots in this thread.
UPDATE, Nov 12 2014: Version 2.1.1 of the Simplest Reminder Free has been released. I fixed bunched of things and added minor improvements such as ability to choose more sounds.
Pro version now has Pop Up dialog option.
Thanks for your interest!