- 1. Alteration of the scripts to use the files specific to your device
- 2. Correct HEX and SD-CARD loader also known as sdcard mbn
- 3. Correct partition information (knowing if it's MBR/GPT or hybrid)
- 4. Correct bootloaders for your device (SBL1/2/3/ABOOT)
I am not currently doing further development on this tool, it is here for anyone to expand on use how they seem fit so long as the authors involved are given the credit.
Users are welcome to build and post altered versions specific to their device but PLEASE post plenty of information as to what device/model it is for or the post may be deleted to protect other less educated users.
I've updated my Debrick tool to Version 2.
Many Changes to the base code, inclusion of new tools, Almost a one click Linux solution for Qualcomm Development and debricking of Qualcomm devices.
As documented on this thread SHV-E160L home debrick thread I debricked a qualcomm based msm8660 device without using any special devices.
my first tools were internal development and had more bugs than a sewer, so after many hours of work i can now bring this new version to you.
Please do not pm with bugs, POST HERE Only.
This tool currently only supports the SHV-E160L , if users willing to provide the files from their devices I can expand the support of this tool.
in most cases linux is required for this, a ubuntu live cd/flash will work perfectly.
New Feature, Windows Based BACKUP of partitions and bootloaders, ROOT/Python27-windows is required and cannot function without this.
*nix backup coming soon,
Rules for posting backups
Post ONLY the link here, use www.sendspace.com to upload your backup zip (remember to change the .zip filename to reflect your device, example SHV-E160L-16GB.zip )
zip up only the backup folder, not the whole program, right click on backup folder, sent to compressed folder, rename.
this program does not backup personal or device specific data like IMEI number, it only backups the bootloaders, partition table and .pit file for samsung SHV based devices
When Posting links, please include your device details well, a example would be
SHV-E160L 16 GB, 9000lang rom,
The rom part is only so if we a tracing possible backup issues that may be rom specific.
Future backup features will include automatic detection of .mbn partitions based on qualcomm header.
Support for non SHV devices will be slow, but future versions will include other devices.
EDIT: some users are reporting cookie not present error could be fixed by using a winxp/another qpst driver windows driver. this is unconfirmed bu i thought i should mention it. 04-12/2013
Changelog:- V2-2(dev version only - not a public release)
- added command line device/folder parameter, you can now specify a unzip copy of posted bootloaders and it will restore them
- added additional file to specify output sectors based on getpart data, testing option for building partition0.bin by hand based on known simalr devices
- added dev switches for wiriting specified parts only
- added skip aboot option (for now it is specified to skip writing of aboot.mbn, public release will be opposite, you will have to force writing aboot , sbl1/2/4/tz/rpm seems to come as one package, interchangeable as a package, aboot is totally device specific)
- there is a known bug in the getpartbin.py python program, it cannot handle greater than 29 partitions.
- added windows backup.bat program to backup all bootloaders and partition0.bin
- minor changes to code for changing device (current version support only changing of variable $DEVICE, feature will eventually be cmd line based)
- tesing of backup files
- there is a known bug in the getpartbin.py python program, it cannot handle greater than 29 partitions, and one will to help in python please let me know. I am not the author of the program
Changelog : V2
- Improved error checking*
- automated qdload detection*
- automated qdload hex & .mbn upload
- automated detection of device in sd-card mode*
- user input*
- major code changes to start support for automatic parition information & collection allowing backup to be one command and upload to a website for distribution & recovery for all
- development documentation
- Code changes to allow expansion to other Qualcomm devices
BrixFix V2-1-Inc Python27-Inc cwm recoveries
http://www.androidfilehost.com/?fid=9390355257214632490 mirror tanks too Marduk191
Brixfix V2-1 No Python for windows, No cwm-recovery-Slim Version
Brixfix V2-1-Super-SlimNo drivers, bootloaders, python-win.
Media Fire Links
BrixFix V2-1-Inc Python27-Inc cwm recoveries
SHV-E160K 32GB Recovery files
SHV-E160L 32GB Recovery Files
Here is the README
By dakrspr1te ========Doc=V=1====
Thanks To :-
E:V:A, SLS, JCSullins(Rootz Wiki), Adam Outler, many more, sorry if i've missed you out.
Warning, Although i've tested this tool many times on my own devices, it always has the potential to damage both computer & cell phone device, YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED!!!!
This tool is designed to repair SHV-E160L Korean Galaxy Note 1 based on the MSM8660 & MDM9600 Qualcomm Chips
It Only works with devices that are stuck in QDLOAD mode or 05c6:9008 as the PID/VID
It uses Tool/info Written By Others as well as myself.
qdload - http://github.com/jcsullins/qdloader
getpartbin.py - http://blog.csdn.net/su_ky/article/details/7773273
hex2bin - hex2bin.sourceforge.net
connect Qualcomm based device to usb port on linux PC, not tested under windows via USB redirection,
on command line run
Follow on screen instructions, tool will detect device in QDLOAD mode (05c6:9008) and switch to DMSS protocol, upload a hex (converted to bin for this purpose)
the hex is then executed and the device switches to Streaming Protocol, at this point we write a .mbn file to the internal emmc chip, at the end of the emmc write process the device then reboots
after the reboot re-running brixfix with detect the device in the second stage for repair , the device's emmc is accssable as a sd-card, we then write back the damaged parts of the bootchain,
at a minimum you must write a new partition table or the device will always boot in sd-card mode, WARNING, failure to write the rest of the boot chain could leave your device in a situation
which give only black-screen, no usb enumeration, dead. The only way around that is jtag, or finding the Boot resistor which switches the device back to QDLOAD mode, or emergency boot.
goto http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1914359 for further details.
Come give me thanks on XDA if this tool helped you
Additional Tools (DEV Level)
getpartbin.py - A tool for backing up the primary partition & extended parition tables and combines them into a writable parition0.bin file (python)
qdload.pl - A tool for talking in the HDLC framed DMSS & Streaming Protocol's used by Qualcomm (Perl)
switchmode.sh - A executes qdload.pl for msm8660 device upload
get-part.sh - **DEV** unfinished tool by darkspr1te for creating partition tables in sfdisk format and .csv format (to be used in the future to create parition0.bin plus more automated collection)
tools/ - Folder containing armv5 (arm7 compatible) tools for parition manipulation and data collection
SHV-E160L-16GB/ - Folder contain SHV-E160L bootloaders & pit file
ADB/ - Folder containing adb programs
extras/ - Folder containing odin and clock work mode recovery installers for 160l devices
QUALCOMM/ - Windows drivers (For QPST, Not required in linux, included for backwards compatability with older guides)
hex2bin - convert your xxxxMPRG.hex file to bin for use with qdload
I will accept brick qualcomm devices for developing further debricks. pm me via XDA Forums