OP tfaulk88

7th February 2013, 07:17 PM   |  #11  
OP Senior Member
Flag olathe KS
Thanks Meter: 31

124 posts
Donate to Me
More
just more choices in roms like how many different lk8 roms are there just saying i think theres a lot more roms for s3 then ours seems like more developers over there i wish there were more over here.
7th February 2013, 07:23 PM   |  #12  
OP Senior Member
Flag olathe KS

124 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by garwynn

Let's see....

Official CM 10.1? Check.
TWRP? Check
CWM? N7100 works but I'm working on a L900 specific one now.
AOSP builds? Quite a few unofficials out there as well.
TW themed ROMs? Also quite a few out there.

Not sure what you're looking for... but chances are it's here or on the way if requested.

No I'm not saying we don't have the different roms, just saying its seems we don't have the amount of updates and variety that the s3 has. I'm very thankful for what we have. I just feel they have more developers and thats my question is why our far superior phone doesn't have as many developers.
7th February 2013, 07:23 PM   |  #13  
Forum Moderator / Recognized Developer
Flag Chi-town
Thanks Meter: 7,846

4,792 posts
Donate to Me
More
A lot will change whenever we get an OTA. Hopefully soon.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to garwynn For This Useful Post: [ View ]
8th February 2013, 12:07 AM   |  #14  
OP Senior Member
Flag olathe KS

124 posts
Donate to Me
More
cool thanks
8th February 2013, 03:39 PM   |  #15  
Flag Philadelphia, PA
Thanks Meter: 694

1,627 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by tfaulk88

No I'm not saying we don't have the different roms, just saying its seems we don't have the amount of updates and variety that the s3 has. I'm very thankful for what we have. I just feel they have more developers and thats my question is why our far superior phone doesn't have as many developers.

it's simple demographics. the device simply doesn't have as many users.
that being said, I know many SG3 owners with buyers remorse, once they see the GN2. even a few that exchanged them. and a dev or two that snapped one up when they played with one.
we get plenty of love.
8th February 2013, 04:25 PM   |  #16  
Flag Boise
Thanks Meter: 941

1,601 posts
More
ROMS are either AOSP based or Touchwiz based. This phone has two official OTA's, the one that came on it and LJC or whatever. If your looking for touchwiz, it will be based on the code from one of those two or a leak. If your looking for AOSP, its going to be based on CM10, or 10.1 plus whatever else you like. Either way, all the ROMS are based off one of two different sources and just added themes and/or tweaks. I personally am fond of AOSP, so I play with those all the time. What kind of ROM do you want that we dont have? Sense? Blur? Good luck getting any of that on a Samsung. I have to agree with garwynn, we have CM10.1, AOKP, Liquid, Carbon, Paranoid, Baked, etc., plus the Touchwiz stuff. I think the devs we have on this phone are doing a pretty freaking amazing job so far. What ROM(s) are you looking for?
The Following User Says Thank You to shiftr182 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
9th February 2013, 05:08 AM   |  #17  
OP Senior Member
Flag olathe KS

124 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by shiftr182

ROMS are either AOSP based or Touchwiz based. This phone has two official OTA's, the one that came on it and LJC or whatever. If your looking for touchwiz, it will be based on the code from one of those two or a leak. If your looking for AOSP, its going to be based on CM10, or 10.1 plus whatever else you like. Either way, all the ROMS are based off one of two different sources and just added themes and/or tweaks. I personally am fond of AOSP, so I play with those all the time. What kind of ROM do you want that we dont have? Sense? Blur? Good luck getting any of that on a Samsung. I have to agree with garwynn, we have CM10.1, AOKP, Liquid, Carbon, Paranoid, Baked, etc., plus the Touchwiz stuff. I think the devs we have on this phone are doing a pretty freaking amazing job so far. What ROM(s) are you looking for?

more touchwiz themes like lk8 roms and more themes i really wish i had the time to sit down and learn all this stuff to theme and everything Im to busy and it seems with each phone a lot of stuff changes. Idk and I didnt say anything about the different roms we have I just said s3 has more variety of touchwiz roms and more developers does it not seem like theres a new rom over there everyday lol. Im a flashaholic sorry.

Ps jellybomb from josh beach and h2o from dan are the sh!ts
9th February 2013, 05:46 AM   |  #18  
Flag Boise
Thanks Meter: 941

1,601 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by tfaulk88

more touchwiz themes like lk8 roms and more themes i really wish i had the time to sit down and learn all this stuff to theme and everything Im to busy and it seems with each phone a lot of stuff changes. Idk and I didnt say anything about the different roms we have I just said s3 has more variety of touchwiz roms and more developers does it not seem like theres a new rom over there everyday lol. Im a flashaholic sorry.

Ps jellybomb from josh beach and h2o from dan are the sh!ts

Thats the thing though, they are all the same rom, just themed different and there might be a few extra tweaks in it. I use AOSP because there is a lot more you can do with it, and there are a ton of themes available for it. Being a themer myself, I will mix and match different theme apks to make a theme I like. I think that it would be worth while for you to start venturing into themes and how to do it. If you learn how to use the Vertimus universal method, it makes themeing a lot easier because you dont have to recompile each time you change an image, etc.
The Following User Says Thank You to shiftr182 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
9th February 2013, 04:25 PM   |  #19  
Thanks Meter: 18

161 posts
Re: I wish our note 2's had as much love as the sgs3's
I really hope Samsung and Google back off and allow cyanogen and aokp to have multiwindow type functionality. Now that we have an overclocking kernel and tethering on stock based roms there's less of an incentive to move to. CM until Samsung drops support. Not having multiwindow would really suck, maybe Google will put in aosp
9th February 2013, 10:45 PM   |  #20  
Flag Bakersucks
Thanks Meter: 655

2,254 posts
More
Re: I wish our note 2's had as much love as the sgs3's
I really wish this thread would be locked just as fast as other have been before it.

Sent from my SPH-L900 using xda premium

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread