5,604,730 Members 33,358 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

I wish our note 2's had as much love as the sgs3's

Tip us?
 
tfaulk88
Old
#11  
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 31
Posts: 123
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: olathe KS

 
DONATE TO ME
just more choices in roms like how many different lk8 roms are there just saying i think theres a lot more roms for s3 then ours seems like more developers over there i wish there were more over here.
 
tfaulk88
Old
#12  
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 31
Posts: 123
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: olathe KS

 
DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by garwynn View Post
Let's see....

Official CM 10.1? Check.
TWRP? Check
CWM? N7100 works but I'm working on a L900 specific one now.
AOSP builds? Quite a few unofficials out there as well.
TW themed ROMs? Also quite a few out there.

Not sure what you're looking for... but chances are it's here or on the way if requested.
No I'm not saying we don't have the different roms, just saying its seems we don't have the amount of updates and variety that the s3 has. I'm very thankful for what we have. I just feel they have more developers and thats my question is why our far superior phone doesn't have as many developers.
 
garwynn
Old
#13  
garwynn's Avatar
Forum Moderator / Recognized Developer
Thanks Meter 6758
Posts: 4,386
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Chi-town

 
DONATE TO ME
A lot will change whenever we get an OTA. Hopefully soon.
Contact: Twitter || Google+/Hangouts (Non-Moderator issues only please)
Useful Links: Forum Moderator List || Forum Rules

Please continue to thank and support those who bring these great things to our devices!
(That includes RTs, RCs, RDs/SRDs, FMs/SFMs and the people who maintain the site.)
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to garwynn For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
 
tfaulk88
Old
#14  
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 31
Posts: 123
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: olathe KS

 
DONATE TO ME
cool thanks
 
kingdazy
Old
#15  
kingdazy's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 665
Posts: 1,594
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Philadelphia, PA
Quote:
Originally Posted by tfaulk88 View Post
No I'm not saying we don't have the different roms, just saying its seems we don't have the amount of updates and variety that the s3 has. I'm very thankful for what we have. I just feel they have more developers and thats my question is why our far superior phone doesn't have as many developers.
it's simple demographics. the device simply doesn't have as many users.
that being said, I know many SG3 owners with buyers remorse, once they see the GN2. even a few that exchanged them. and a dev or two that snapped one up when they played with one.
we get plenty of love.
Samsung Galaxy Note III
Rooted and ready! Too easy!
Running ☆ ★ Something from this section!! ★ ☆ (usually stock/rooted)
ASUS Transformer Prime TF201 - AndroidWookie FTW!!
 
shiftr182
Old
#16  
shiftr182's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 855
Posts: 1,517
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Boise

 
DONATE TO ME
ROMS are either AOSP based or Touchwiz based. This phone has two official OTA's, the one that came on it and LJC or whatever. If your looking for touchwiz, it will be based on the code from one of those two or a leak. If your looking for AOSP, its going to be based on CM10, or 10.1 plus whatever else you like. Either way, all the ROMS are based off one of two different sources and just added themes and/or tweaks. I personally am fond of AOSP, so I play with those all the time. What kind of ROM do you want that we dont have? Sense? Blur? Good luck getting any of that on a Samsung. I have to agree with garwynn, we have CM10.1, AOKP, Liquid, Carbon, Paranoid, Baked, etc., plus the Touchwiz stuff. I think the devs we have on this phone are doing a pretty freaking amazing job so far. What ROM(s) are you looking for?
The Following User Says Thank You to shiftr182 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
 
tfaulk88
Old
#17  
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 31
Posts: 123
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: olathe KS

 
DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by shiftr182 View Post
ROMS are either AOSP based or Touchwiz based. This phone has two official OTA's, the one that came on it and LJC or whatever. If your looking for touchwiz, it will be based on the code from one of those two or a leak. If your looking for AOSP, its going to be based on CM10, or 10.1 plus whatever else you like. Either way, all the ROMS are based off one of two different sources and just added themes and/or tweaks. I personally am fond of AOSP, so I play with those all the time. What kind of ROM do you want that we dont have? Sense? Blur? Good luck getting any of that on a Samsung. I have to agree with garwynn, we have CM10.1, AOKP, Liquid, Carbon, Paranoid, Baked, etc., plus the Touchwiz stuff. I think the devs we have on this phone are doing a pretty freaking amazing job so far. What ROM(s) are you looking for?
more touchwiz themes like lk8 roms and more themes i really wish i had the time to sit down and learn all this stuff to theme and everything Im to busy and it seems with each phone a lot of stuff changes. Idk and I didnt say anything about the different roms we have I just said s3 has more variety of touchwiz roms and more developers does it not seem like theres a new rom over there everyday lol. Im a flashaholic sorry.

Ps jellybomb from josh beach and h2o from dan are the sh!ts
 
shiftr182
Old
#18  
shiftr182's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 855
Posts: 1,517
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Boise

 
DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by tfaulk88 View Post
more touchwiz themes like lk8 roms and more themes i really wish i had the time to sit down and learn all this stuff to theme and everything Im to busy and it seems with each phone a lot of stuff changes. Idk and I didnt say anything about the different roms we have I just said s3 has more variety of touchwiz roms and more developers does it not seem like theres a new rom over there everyday lol. Im a flashaholic sorry.

Ps jellybomb from josh beach and h2o from dan are the sh!ts
Thats the thing though, they are all the same rom, just themed different and there might be a few extra tweaks in it. I use AOSP because there is a lot more you can do with it, and there are a ton of themes available for it. Being a themer myself, I will mix and match different theme apks to make a theme I like. I think that it would be worth while for you to start venturing into themes and how to do it. If you learn how to use the Vertimus universal method, it makes themeing a lot easier because you dont have to recompile each time you change an image, etc.
The Following User Says Thank You to shiftr182 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
 
guisar
Old
#19  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 18
Posts: 153
Join Date: Sep 2010
Default Re: I wish our note 2's had as much love as the sgs3's

I really hope Samsung and Google back off and allow cyanogen and aokp to have multiwindow type functionality. Now that we have an overclocking kernel and tethering on stock based roms there's less of an incentive to move to. CM until Samsung drops support. Not having multiwindow would really suck, maybe Google will put in aosp
 
d12unk13astard
Old
#20  
d12unk13astard's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 511
Posts: 2,061
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Bakersucks
Default Re: I wish our note 2's had as much love as the sgs3's

I really wish this thread would be locked just as fast as other have been before it.

Sent from my SPH-L900 using xda premium
Current Device: T-Mobile Note 3 (SM-N900T)

Past Devices:

Sprint Note 2 (L900) - Hanging on to
Sprint Galaxy S2 - Sold
T-Mobile G2X (P-999) - Sold
T-Mobile Mytouch4G - Sold
T-Mobile G1 (Dream) - Sold

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes