Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,731,300 Members 53,347 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[ROM][AOSP][Linaro]CarbonRom Nightlies/Releases [d2tmo]

Tip us?

rawdaddymagraden
Old
(Last edited by M_T_M; 7th February 2013 at 05:08 PM.) Reason: cleaned up
Thanks Meter 597
Default Re: [ROM][AOSP][LINARO] CarbonRom JB 4.2.1 [d2tmo] Feb 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by shinigenEddy View Post
Is the "Carousel Animation" the same spinning animation that appears when unlocking the phone on HTC Sense ROMs?
No I wish the carousel animation is the transition animation of the widgets on the lockscreen tgey spin around when you scroll through the pages

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk 2

☆REMEMBER TO USE THE SEARCH BOX AT THE TOP BEFORE ASKING☆
IF I HELPED IN ANY WAY PLEASE FEEL FREE TO HIT THE THANKS BUTTON
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to rawdaddymagraden For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

DigitalUnderground
Old
Thanks Meter 2250

I'm liking so far... Very smooth. Nice work DG.

Is this the ROM that mikeramsay will be helping with?

shadowleo85
Old
Thanks Meter 18
Quote:
Originally Posted by GalaxyS3Guy View Post
I'm liking so far... Very smooth. Nice work DG.

Is this the ROM that mikeramsay will be helping with?

to answer your question no it is not... again this rom is by "former" team liquid members... illusion will be with with the current team
CURRENT
PHONE: 32 GB White T-Mobile Htc One S-on
CURRENT ROM: TrickDroid 8.0
RECOVERY: Cwm- Touch
NEXT ROM: MIUI v3

RETIRED
PHONE: Bronze G1, Black MT3G, Black MT3GSlide, Htc Hd7, Htc Radar, White s3 32gb

bkaltec
Old
Thanks Meter 14
Very cool ROM. Vanilla with lots of features.

1 issue I noticed is in the zip there's no calendar apk? I had to pull it from another ROM.

So far so good, appreciate the work!
Pain is only an illusion...

SGSIII running Android 4.2.1
Carbon v1.0

SGSII running Android 4.0.4
AOKP Build 40

HTC HD2 running Android 2.3.3 - DIED
Typhoon Cyanogen 3.1.3 MAGLDR

Ron Paul 2012 Thanks America for destroying our country with Supreme Leader Obama.

DigitalUnderground
Old
Thanks Meter 2250

Edited... Nvm

JAY28W
Old
Thanks Meter 5
Hey, all... Great ROM. I flashed LiquidSmooth a couple days ago, ran into a couple probs and instead of trying to resolve those I just flashed Carbon. So far everything looks excellent with a couple things to work through:

SwiftKey 3 - Step 2 of config'ng the app the app tries to pull up the Settings / Language & Input / Default selection for you to select Swiftkey as the default. In my install each time I attempt this I get the "Unfortuantely Settings has stopped" (something like that). A workaround is to go into settings and manually select Swiftkey as the default and from there everything seems to work fine.

Mobile Data - I can't tell whether I am getting 4G or 3G or something else. The speed seems ok, or at least not noticably different than the stock ROM, but with both Carbon and LiquidSmooth the indicator flips around from nothing to 3G to H+ (??). I know there are discussions about this and I'll take some time later to check it out. If anyone has a quick solution/answer/feedback on this I'd appreciate it. FWIW, I am on a TMO variant, Cinci Bell device and service, and it seems like my APNs came through fine (if that makes a diff??)

Again, nice ROM and I look forward to enjoying it and this community...

jay

DigitalUnderground
Old
Thanks Meter 2250

my data icon switches from 3g to H+ just fine... Although data speeds are significantly slower than other 4.2 aosp ROMs...

LoopDoGG79
Old
Thanks Meter 1345

Quote:
Originally Posted by JAY28W View Post
Hey, all... Great ROM. I flashed LiquidSmooth a couple days ago, ran into a couple probs and instead of trying to resolve those I just flashed Carbon. So far everything looks excellent with a couple things to work through:

SwiftKey 3 - Step 2 of config'ng the app the app tries to pull up the Settings / Language & Input / Default selection for you to select Swiftkey as the default. In my install each time I attempt this I get the "Unfortuantely Settings has stopped" (something like that). A workaround is to go into settings and manually select Swiftkey as the default and from there everything seems to work fine.

Mobile Data - I can't tell whether I am getting 4G or 3G or something else. The speed seems ok, or at least not noticably different than the stock ROM, but with both Carbon and LiquidSmooth the indicator flips around from nothing to 3G to H+ (??). I know there are discussions about this and I'll take some time later to check it out. If anyone has a quick solution/answer/feedback on this I'd appreciate it. FWIW, I am on a TMO variant, Cinci Bell device and service, and it seems like my APNs came through fine (if that makes a diff??)

Again, nice ROM and I look forward to enjoying it and this community...

jay
H+ IS 4G. It's like that on all AOSP ROMS.
MY SIG

Phone SM-N900T
Rom STOCK
Baseband version UVUCNB
Recovery STOCK
Kernel STOCK

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Other devices:
Nexus 7 Flo (On CleanRom 2.6! )
Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1
Tmobile Samsung Galaxy S3

kvnly2
Old
Thanks Meter 31
Quote:
Originally Posted by F9zSlavik View Post
I will let you know. Browser works once I installed googleplay ;p

Alright real issue though, I keep going down to edge, goes 3g, H+, then edge again, it's been fluctuating

Made my first call, no echo
Thanks for letting me know ! I wonder why the other aosp roms have the echo and this doesnt. Ill be flashing over tonight as vanilla rootbox doesnt have the echo and the call volume is LOUD at its highest which is good.....but even though I turn down the volume its still insanely loud.

Will report back with any bugs I come across
Thanks again devs for your hard work. We all appreciate it.

BTT8
Old
Thanks Meter 84

I'm on LD right now and I lost my H+icon signal. I know a few folks here have also lost it. Does Carbon bring it back?

Sent from my SGH-T999

THREAD CLOSED
Subscribe