7th February 2013, 05:48 PM   |  #21  
Flag Mo-Ville
Thanks Meter: 599

1,107 posts
More
Re: [ROM][AOSP][LINARO] CarbonRom JB 4.2.1 [d2tmo] Feb 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by shinigenEddy

Is the "Carousel Animation" the same spinning animation that appears when unlocking the phone on HTC Sense ROMs?

No I wish the carousel animation is the transition animation of the widgets on the lockscreen tgey spin around when you scroll through the pages

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk 2
Last edited by M_T_M; 7th February 2013 at 06:08 PM. Reason: cleaned up
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to rawdaddymagraden For This Useful Post: [ View ]
7th February 2013, 06:41 PM   |  #22  
Flag St. Paul, MN
Thanks Meter: 2,426

3,654 posts
More
I'm liking so far... Very smooth. Nice work DG.

Is this the ROM that mikeramsay will be helping with?

7th February 2013, 06:47 PM   |  #23  
Thanks Meter: 19

283 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by GalaxyS3Guy

I'm liking so far... Very smooth. Nice work DG.

Is this the ROM that mikeramsay will be helping with?

to answer your question no it is not... again this rom is by "former" team liquid members... illusion will be with with the current team
7th February 2013, 06:58 PM   |  #24  
Flag Overland Park
Thanks Meter: 14

58 posts
More
Very cool ROM. Vanilla with lots of features.

1 issue I noticed is in the zip there's no calendar apk? I had to pull it from another ROM.

So far so good, appreciate the work!
7th February 2013, 07:17 PM   |  #25  
Flag St. Paul, MN

3,654 posts
More
Edited... Nvm

7th February 2013, 09:29 PM   |  #26  
Flag West Chester, Ohio
Thanks Meter: 33

106 posts
More
Hey, all... Great ROM. I flashed LiquidSmooth a couple days ago, ran into a couple probs and instead of trying to resolve those I just flashed Carbon. So far everything looks excellent with a couple things to work through:

SwiftKey 3 - Step 2 of config'ng the app the app tries to pull up the Settings / Language & Input / Default selection for you to select Swiftkey as the default. In my install each time I attempt this I get the "Unfortuantely Settings has stopped" (something like that). A workaround is to go into settings and manually select Swiftkey as the default and from there everything seems to work fine.

Mobile Data - I can't tell whether I am getting 4G or 3G or something else. The speed seems ok, or at least not noticably different than the stock ROM, but with both Carbon and LiquidSmooth the indicator flips around from nothing to 3G to H+ (??). I know there are discussions about this and I'll take some time later to check it out. If anyone has a quick solution/answer/feedback on this I'd appreciate it. FWIW, I am on a TMO variant, Cinci Bell device and service, and it seems like my APNs came through fine (if that makes a diff??)

Again, nice ROM and I look forward to enjoying it and this community...

jay
7th February 2013, 10:37 PM   |  #27  
Flag St. Paul, MN

3,654 posts
More
my data icon switches from 3g to H+ just fine... Although data speeds are significantly slower than other 4.2 aosp ROMs...

7th February 2013, 10:41 PM   |  #28  
Flag Modesto, Cali
Thanks Meter: 1,345

6,304 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by JAY28W

Hey, all... Great ROM. I flashed LiquidSmooth a couple days ago, ran into a couple probs and instead of trying to resolve those I just flashed Carbon. So far everything looks excellent with a couple things to work through:

SwiftKey 3 - Step 2 of config'ng the app the app tries to pull up the Settings / Language & Input / Default selection for you to select Swiftkey as the default. In my install each time I attempt this I get the "Unfortuantely Settings has stopped" (something like that). A workaround is to go into settings and manually select Swiftkey as the default and from there everything seems to work fine.

Mobile Data - I can't tell whether I am getting 4G or 3G or something else. The speed seems ok, or at least not noticably different than the stock ROM, but with both Carbon and LiquidSmooth the indicator flips around from nothing to 3G to H+ (??). I know there are discussions about this and I'll take some time later to check it out. If anyone has a quick solution/answer/feedback on this I'd appreciate it. FWIW, I am on a TMO variant, Cinci Bell device and service, and it seems like my APNs came through fine (if that makes a diff??)

Again, nice ROM and I look forward to enjoying it and this community...

jay

H+ IS 4G. It's like that on all AOSP ROMS.
8th February 2013, 12:09 AM   |  #29  
Thanks Meter: 31

183 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by F9zSlavik

I will let you know. Browser works once I installed googleplay ;p

Alright real issue though, I keep going down to edge, goes 3g, H+, then edge again, it's been fluctuating

Made my first call, no echo

Thanks for letting me know ! I wonder why the other aosp roms have the echo and this doesnt. Ill be flashing over tonight as vanilla rootbox doesnt have the echo and the call volume is LOUD at its highest which is good.....but even though I turn down the volume its still insanely loud.

Will report back with any bugs I come across
Thanks again devs for your hard work. We all appreciate it.
8th February 2013, 01:18 AM   |  #30  
Thanks Meter: 136

433 posts
I'm on LD right now and I lost my H+icon signal. I know a few folks here have also lost it. Does Carbon bring it back?

Sent from my SGH-T999

Thread Closed Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread