7th February 2013, 08:02 PM   |  #21  
Flag Lombard, IL.
Thanks Meter: 327

2,526 posts
More
Re: [ROM][AOSP][LINARO] CarbonRom JB 4.2.1 [t0lte] Feb 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by antiochasylum

Bluetooth in call is messed up, and probably will be for a while, until Entropy or codeworkx decide to take a look at it. Its messed up, with no insight to being fixed.

1. Source is already published in the OP. Second or third paragraph.
2. Just because a dev locks the thread that means everyone must know details? Let's just say there is no more *team liquid*, Things happen.

The Carbon group has more knowledgeable people involved than liquid.

If you don't need in call Bluetooth, flash. It will see updates. If you need in call Bluetooth ALL AOSP ROMs will have the same issue.

I liked Liquid Smooth, still running it a week, with uNEAK kernel, excellent battery life. Was disappointed to see the ROM abandoned. But this new Carbon team, sounds even better, and I am excited to see it's progress. As long as timely updates keep coming, I will stick with it.

Can we use uNEAK kernel on this version ?

Yeah, that sucks about all CM10.1 ROM's plagued with the Bluetooth call issue, that's a major thing needing fixed ASAP, but in time I am sure it will be, hopefully.

Thank you

Sent from my GT-N7105 using xda premium
7th February 2013, 08:11 PM   |  #22  
Flag Markham ON CANADA
Thanks Meter: 313

1,035 posts
More
Does speaker phone echo still in this ROM too?

Thanks
The Following User Says Thank You to dan96815 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
7th February 2013, 08:23 PM   |  #23  
Thanks Meter: 21

61 posts
More
Thumbs up
Quote:
Originally Posted by nocoast

This is the opposite of abandonware, its a VERY rigoruous continuation and overhaul of the previous project. I have spent ~60 hours or so working on this in the last week so flash and see for yourself...we plan on putting out updates far more frequently than the previous team did..

I an absolutely appreciate and agree with that, and I noticed that you did at least the kernel in Liquid. And, this isn't a reflection on anyone at all, you just have to understand that I noticed a shiny new ROM from the OP - the same OP that had his previous posted ROM locked without a single word in the post as to why. That was my only concern.

I'll give it a shot, thanks for all of the quality hard work, mate.
7th February 2013, 08:40 PM   |  #24  
Recognized Contributor
Flag Burleson TX
Thanks Meter: 7,743

4,189 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zorachus

I liked Liquid Smooth, still running it a week, with uNEAK kernel, excellent battery life. Was disappointed to see the ROM abandoned. But this new Carbon team, sounds even better, and I am excited to see it's progress. As long as timely updates keep coming, I will stick with it.

Can we use uNEAK kernel on this version ?

Yeah, that sucks about all CM10.1 ROM's plagued with the Bluetooth call issue, that's a major thing needing fixed ASAP, but in time I am sure it will be, hopefully.

Thank you

Sure can, just be sure to select and flash the correct one, since you've already been running it, flash the same zip.

However the included kernel has some nice features...

Quote:
Originally Posted by dan96815

Does speaker phone echo still in this ROM too?

Thanks

My guess is yes, i do not see any commits related to this issue.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bofhemeritus

I an absolutely appreciate and agree with that, and I noticed that you did at least the kernel in Liquid. And, this isn't a reflection on anyone at all, you just have to understand that I noticed a shiny new ROM from the OP - the same OP that had his previous posted ROM locked without a single word in the post as to why. That was my only concern.

Understandable. But things happen, however I won't go into detail, as this is not the time or place.

But nocoast and team carbon have spent a lot of time on this. Aside from a few small issues. Its a strong build.
The Following User Says Thank You to antiochasylum For This Useful Post: [ View ]
7th February 2013, 08:52 PM   |  #25  
Flag Outside of Chicago
Thanks Meter: 4,158

9,565 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:

All I can say is we get these Custom Roms for free, without any strings attached, and we can only be thankful, (and donate if we want)that we get them for as long as we do. If the dev quits/leaves/dropsout/or pulls his/her rom, its not our place to whine or complain about it, just be glad for what you had for the time you had it..

I just don't understand why folks think that the kind Dev's that are so generous in sharing these jewels with us, owe ANY of us ANY explanation, assistance, trouble shooting help, or any sort of support with their work.....If they answer questions, or fufill requests, that's all wonderful, but to EXPECT anything from them is just being selfish and annoys the hell out of ALL Developers..
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to wase4711 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
7th February 2013, 08:55 PM   |  #26  
Thanks Meter: 11

93 posts
I like running in 240 dpi. any plans on moving the search bar in the phone.apk to the bottom in the call log and contacts screens or any mod that any one knows about. It's fine in 320 dpi. I don't like running in 320 dpi. It's more of an annoyance then anything else. I like this ROM and being able to pack it into such a small zip is great
7th February 2013, 09:26 PM   |  #27  
Flag Red Bluff, Ca
Thanks Meter: 1,094

2,814 posts
More
Ooooh. Something new. Thanks for this!

Sent from my i317 using Xparent ICS Tapatalk 2
7th February 2013, 10:54 PM   |  #28  
Flag Chicago
Thanks Meter: 1,257

973 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:

You noticed wrong, I was the second (arguably the first but we wont go there) most active contributor to LiquidRom...I actually havent touched anything related to kernel work with some very small exceptions. Liquid and i made liquid rom grow into the beast that you knew it as...and i was doing a lot more than 'at least the kernel' (at least? what does that mean) Go look at the git history and you can see how much work i did @liquidsmooth
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to nocoast For This Useful Post: [ View ]
7th February 2013, 11:05 PM   |  #29  
Flag Lombard, IL.
Thanks Meter: 327

2,526 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by spawn50ak49

I like running in 240 dpi. any plans on moving the search bar in the phone.apk to the bottom in the call log and contacts screens or any mod that any one knows about. It's fine in 320 dpi. I don't like running in 320 dpi. It's more of an annoyance then anything else. I like this ROM and being able to pack it into such a small zip is great

That would be a nice feature. 320 DPI blows on this phone. I am running 280 now on old Liquid ROM. just tweaked a setting using root explorer

7th February 2013, 11:32 PM   |  #30  
Flag Southeast Missouri
Thanks Meter: 1,829

2,036 posts
More
Yay a new ROM lol I know this will be good!

Sent from my GT-N7105 using Tapatalk 2

Thread Closed Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread