[ROM][AOSP][Linaro]CarbonRom Nightlies/Releases [t0lte]

OP dg4prez

7th February 2013, 03:25 PM   |  #11  
Flag Austin
Thanks Meter: 828

3,229 posts
More
Re: [ROM][AOSP][LINARO] CarbonRom JB 4.2.1 [t0lte] Feb 6
Great mix of features. Best AOSP so far I think.

Sent By An Idiot With A Phablet!
7th February 2013, 05:02 PM   |  #12  
Flag Trenton
Thanks Meter: 46

329 posts
Wow. Didn't think I could do without the Touchwiz but this thing rocks.
The Following User Says Thank You to bluecluenj For This Useful Post: [ View ]
7th February 2013, 05:05 PM   |  #13  
Thanks Meter: 14

72 posts
Rom runs great! Thanks guys. I'm still unable to get netflix to play a movie. It happens on all aosp roms though.

Sent from my SGH-T889 using xda premium
7th February 2013, 05:49 PM   |  #14  
Flag Austin

3,229 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by smokindroid

Rom runs great! Thanks guys. I'm still unable to get netflix to play a movie. It happens on all aosp roms though.

Sent from my SGH-T889 using xda premium

Yeah... I noticed that there are issues with certain file formats. It is the CM base I think. Possible codec issue I guess.

7th February 2013, 07:23 PM   |  #15  
Flag Parkville, Mo
Thanks Meter: 127

962 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by RonnieRuff

Yeah... I noticed that there are issues with certain file formats. It is the CM base I think. Possible codec issue I guess.

Exited to try this out...my only complaint with Aosp and Cm was the lack of proper sound support...will give this a go this weekend.
Last edited by Smartassassin; 7th February 2013 at 07:26 PM.
8th February 2013, 07:29 AM   |  #16  
Flag Orlando, FL
Thanks Meter: 7

52 posts
More
Hey can anyone help me out?

This may not be a big deal to most of you here but it is driving me crazy, almost all CM 10.1 ROMs I've tried are not showing a HSPA+ icon on the top (it only shows 3G, when UTMS 3G is available).

Under Settings > About it says Mobile Network Type is UNKNOWN: 0, although when testing it gets speeds of upper 7Mbps all the way up to 15Mbps so I know it is HSPA+

It shows as UTMS:3 and the icon shows when that network is connected, however the HSPA+ icon doesn't show.

I really need this! Can anyone help me out? I looked it up and some people managed to add a 4G icon by editing SystemUI.apk but I'm not really an expert on that.
The Following User Says Thank You to justinxtreme For This Useful Post: [ View ]
8th February 2013, 08:20 AM   |  #17  
Flag Houston, TX
Thanks Meter: 53

266 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by justinxtreme

Hey can anyone help me out?

This may not be a big deal to most of you here but it is driving me crazy, almost all CM 10.1 ROMs I've tried are not showing a HSPA+ icon on the top (it only shows 3G, when UTMS 3G is available).

Under Settings > About it says Mobile Network Type is UNKNOWN: 0, although when testing it gets speeds of upper 7Mbps all the way up to 15Mbps so I know it is HSPA+

It shows as UTMS:3 and the icon shows when that network is connected, however the HSPA+ icon doesn't show.

I really need this! Can anyone help me out? I looked it up and some people managed to add a 4G icon by editing SystemUI.apk but I'm not really an expert on that.

You may want to try updating to the latest modem to see if that'll help. I actually managed to get the H+ icon to pop up on my first install...

8th February 2013, 08:46 AM   |  #18  
Flag Austin

3,229 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Herrera91

You may want to try updating to the latest modem to see if that'll help. I actually managed to get the H+ icon to pop up on my first install...

It is a bug that someone was working on at CM. I it's just the icon not the data connection. I see the icon sometimes. Even when I am not I get 18m downloads. Not a big deal for me. They will figure it out.

8th February 2013, 02:09 PM   |  #19  
Flag Louisville
Thanks Meter: 524

747 posts
Glad to see you guys continuing to further this ROM! I'm a heavy speaker phone user so just wanted to mention that there is still some performance problems here. While on a call and on speaker, the caller is still cutting out, but it doesn't appear to be as bad as with Liquid Smooth...this is useable now, just a bit annoying. However, the persons I speak with on speaker phone are reporting a severe echo on their end only. They hear themselves speaking and it's almost as loud as when I speak to them, so its very distracting to anyone I speak to on speaker phone and I have to shut it off to continue the conversation. Other than that...just getting on with my testing...will report more later today.

Excellent work! Can't wait to see what you guys can do with this!

UPDATE:
Also notice that on video recording...my audio and video are WAY out of sync. After the video stops, the audio continues on until it catches up to the video.

UPDATE 2: Also having occasional FC's on camera app. Saying Gallery is the culprit. Happens immediately after taking a picture. Not always...just sporadic.
Last edited by Gack69; 8th February 2013 at 06:14 PM. Reason: Other observations...
8th February 2013, 09:21 PM   |  #20  
Flag Las Vegas
Thanks Meter: 42

202 posts
More
OUTSTANDING! Best sounding ROM I've tried to date...the implementation of Voodoo Sound is remarkable!

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Ecliptical For This Useful Post: [ View ]
Thread Closed Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread