No registration required
Thread Closed

[ROM][AOSP][Linaro]CarbonRom Nightlies/Releases [i605]

OP dg4prez

8th February 2013, 04:38 AM   |  #21  
Thanks Meter: 229

1,343 posts
Re: [ROM][AOSP][LINARO] CarbonRom JB 4.2.1 [i605] Feb 6
Thanks for this awesome piece of work. I enjoyed using by I experienced an odd problem wick occurred on slick ricks PA rom and this as well, when I charge the image for battery appears with the white loading circle as if it were going to load and show the percentage charged but just stays that way without turning off.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk 2
8th February 2013, 04:49 AM   |  #22  
Thanks Meter: 57

198 posts
is Bluetooth fully working on this version ?
NM i'm sure it's not
Last edited by shawnx1; 8th February 2013 at 05:10 AM.
8th February 2013, 05:32 AM   |  #23  
Flag Maple Heights, Ohio
Thanks Meter: 139

474 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by shawnx1

is Bluetooth fully working on this version ?
NM i'm sure it's not

I hope you're wrong because the features of this ROM look awesome, but I can't have bad Bluetooth call quality.
8th February 2013, 05:41 AM   |  #24  

198 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by pool_shark

I hope you're wrong because the features of this ROM look awesome, but I can't have bad Bluetooth call quality.

Yeah most asop roms = broken bluetooth I'm sure these guys didn't fix it or any of the other known issues. Cm 10 has many bugs depending on the device and developers behind the rom. S3 bluetooth is working so maybe they can get it working fully and properly on the note 2
I don't think any of the devs working on this rom even own a VZW note2 so have fun fixing.

Last edited by shawnx1; 8th February 2013 at 05:55 AM.
The Following User Says Thank You to shawnx1 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
8th February 2013, 06:00 AM   |  #25  
Thanks Meter: 30

189 posts
Hi I'm running this ROM and its amazing , here comes the but...lol . But I'm stuck in wcdma / gsm mode someone recommend to flash modem to fix which modem needs to be flashed with this ROM? Thanks in advance

Sent from my SCH-I605 using xda app-developers app
8th February 2013, 06:59 AM   |  #26  
Thanks Meter: 1,052

2,758 posts
Quote:

Yeah most asop roms = broken bluetooth I'm sure these guys didn't fix it or any of the other known issues. Cm 10 has many bugs depending on the device and developers behind the rom. S3 bluetooth is working so maybe they can get it working fully and properly on the note 2
I don't think any of the devs working on this rom even own a VZW note2 so have fun fixing.

Umm this sounded mad disrespectful unless I'm just tired....

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to hopesrequiem For This Useful Post: [ View ]
8th February 2013, 07:11 AM   |  #27  
Thanks Meter: 126

453 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by hopesrequiem

Umm this sounded mad disrespectful unless I'm just tired....

Is it disrespectful if it's true?

There's 50 AOSP ROMs for this phone and rather than fix the bugs still inherent to CM it seems the "developers" just pile their crap on top.

All these ROMs are going to be great- once CM gets all the bugs worked out for them.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to DrunkUncas For This Useful Post: [ View ]
8th February 2013, 09:47 AM   |  #28  

198 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by DrunkUncas

There's 50 AOSP ROMs for this phone and rather than fix the bugs still inherent to CM it seems the "developers" just pile their crap on top.

All these ROMs are going to be great- once CM gets all the bugs worked out for them.

Exactly

8th February 2013, 04:47 PM   |  #29  
Recognized Developer
Thanks Meter: 2,445

1,930 posts
Donate to Me
Quote:
Originally Posted by DrunkUncas

Sorry but you are very ignorant to the way Open Source and the way AOSP works on the backend. This fanboy and disrespectful statement displays that on many levels.

Most work in all ROM's including CM, AOKP whatever you name it, share mostly the same code. That codebase is AOSP (Android Open Source Project).. Beyond that is fixes put in place by the vendors which developers then pick from their gerrit and git repos.. This last thing happens to be what CM is very very good at. So with many of the needed vendor fixes already in CM it is much easier to start from that as a baseline. Especially when you are try to get a new phone working.

Beyond the original codebase and the vendor fixes are patches and fixes put in place by the community. This is not meant as disrespect to CM, that project has a lot of very talented developers and are an asset to the community. But many of the fixes you are implying to are found fixed then submitted to CM's gerrit by non CM developers.

While many of the AOSP ROM's released might not have the impact that CM does they defiantly provide fixes that make their way to your phone.
Last edited by kejar31; 8th February 2013 at 05:08 PM.
The Following 20 Users Say Thank You to kejar31 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
8th February 2013, 05:36 PM   |  #30  
Recognized Developer
Thanks Meter: 2,445

1,930 posts
Donate to Me
Quote:

Well I have a VZW Note 2 so does Slick_Rick.. but really it doesn't matter if it's VZW or SPR or any other Note 2 version.. They all use the exact same SOC with some using different radio's.

Nocoast has the TMO version
and I believe that Morfic just got one as well

regardless stop trolling and spreading fud... if you have nothing to say other than to bitch do it some place else
Last edited by kejar31; 8th February 2013 at 05:38 PM.

The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to kejar31 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
Thread Closed Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread