Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,770,836 Members 43,782 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Not Charging After Full Drain. Not Turning On When Plugged In

Tip us?

geokilla
Old
(Last edited by geokilla; 7th February 2013 at 05:17 AM.)
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 274
Default Not Charging After Full Drain. Not Turning On When Plugged In

So I'm having a problem where I drained my battery and the phone shut itself off with 1% to 2% battery life remaining. I've left it charging for a good 45 minutes now. Turned it on, and it reported 1%. Thinking that it was just a reporting error, I unplugged it, and the phone promptly shut itself off. Now another 30 minutes has passed, unplugged it, turned it on. The phone refuses to turn on! It will however show the battery charging animation, so I know it's not bricked or anything. I guess my only solution is to leave it charging while it's off overnight, even though I need to use my phone right now... That important person will have to wait

Edit: Works again... Though it does not show my battery life correctly. It says 15% when it's probably more like 2%.
LG Optimus G E971
ROM: Ported Korean Kit Kat by Paulicat

Google Nexus 4
ROM: Carbon 4.4.2

Google Nexus 7

BMelz
Old
Thanks Meter 38
Default Re: Not Charging After Full Drain. Not Turning On When Plugged In

Make sure it's plugged into a wall and not your computer.

Sent from my Optimus G using Tapatalk 2

geokilla
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 274
Quote:
Originally Posted by BMelz View Post
Make sure it's plugged into a wall and not your computer.

Sent from my Optimus G using Tapatalk 2
It was plugged in to the wall.
LG Optimus G E971

Google Nexus 4

Google Nexus 7

scoobydooby
Old
Thanks Meter 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by geokilla View Post
It was plugged in to the wall.

Might want to use a different cable.. i have read that the cable and possibly even the wall adapter can be flakey.. if you have a spare cable try to use it instead of the lg one..
LG Optimus G E973 on Bell Mobility
Rooted, Unlocked and running Carbon 4.4.2 ROM by mathsz and geokilla

geokilla
Old
(Last edited by geokilla; 11th February 2013 at 06:28 AM.)
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 274
Original LG cable is fine. It's ever since I drained the battery it's started to act weird. I plugged it in at 3% in hopes of "calibrating" the batterystats and it was charging fine. Up till now. I caught a glimpse of my phone turn itself off while charging.

Now it's randomly decided to turn itself on and bootloop... And back to charging animation while off we go. What the hell? The battery isn't charging... Switching cables didn't help btw.

Found a third cable. Temporarily working..
LG Optimus G E971

Google Nexus 4

Google Nexus 7

scoobydooby
Old
Thanks Meter 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by geokilla View Post
Original LG cable is fine. It's ever since I drained the battery it's started to act weird. I plugged it in at 3% in hopes of "calibrating" the batterystats and it was charging fine. Up till now. I caught a glimpse of my phone turn itself off while charging.

Now it's randomly decided to turn itself on and bootloop... And back to charging animation while off we go. What the hell? The battery isn't charging... Switching cables didn't help btw.

Found a third cable. Temporarily working..
Hmmm maybe the charger? Sounds to me like its not getting proper power hence the shutting down while plugged in.. but what do I know heh
LG Optimus G E973 on Bell Mobility
Rooted, Unlocked and running Carbon 4.4.2 ROM by mathsz and geokilla

gwallee
Old
Thanks Meter 15
I have the same problem. Plugged the phone in at about 3% and walked away. Came back an hour later to find it stuck in a loop of the LG logo and a black screen. I can sometimes get it into recovery, and from there see that the battery percentage will go from 0% to 15% and back to 0%. It's like the battery is bad.

geokilla
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 274
I think it's a problem with the ROM/firmware where we can't drain it and hope to charge it up again..
LG Optimus G E971

Google Nexus 4

Google Nexus 7

ATRIXXIRTA
Old
Thanks Meter 722

I'm still running v1 of the jb release and last night I used my phone until it shut down at 2%, charged it up fine, and its been ok, knock on wood. One weird thing is that if I use the phone while on the charger, and I mean light tapatalk usage, the phone will drop to 99%, even while plugged in. Weird.

Sent from my LG-E971 using Tapatalk 2
Phones: Motorola Atrix 4G ---> Samsung Galaxy Nexus (temporarily) ---> LG Optimus 3d ---> Samsung Galaxy SII LTE Skyrocket ---> LG Optimus G ---> Sony Xperia ZL ---> Motorola Moto G
My Roms/Ports: CarbonRom/CarbonClash (port): http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2181390
Thanks: XDA and all its members. Without you I'd still be an uneducated bumpkin complaining about my shi**y phone.

chadouming
Old
Thanks Meter 1675
Quote:
Originally Posted by ATRIXXIRTA View Post
I'm still running v1 of the jb release and last night I used my phone until it shut down at 2%, charged it up fine, and its been ok, knock on wood. One weird thing is that if I use the phone while on the charger, and I mean light tapatalk usage, the phone will drop to 99%, even while plugged in. Weird.

Sent from my LG-E971 using Tapatalk 2
That's normal. When the phone is charged at 100% it stop charging to avoid the battery to be overcharged thus reducing it's durability.
New? Read this post
Member of BBQTeam.
Offering you : BBQTools, OpenDesign and soon BBQDroid

<codeworkx> didn't look at it because i'm lazy.

The Following User Says Thank You to chadouming For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]